1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI or Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Would you prefer AC to have excellent integration of either Offline AI or Online Multiplayer?

1. AI

31.7%
  2. Multiplayer

68.3%
  1. Hi all.

Just wondering what people are looking forward to the most in AC - racing offline against AI or online multiplayer?

The only way to ask this is to which you would prefer to best integrated into AC, as even MP centric players will spend a lot of time offline.

Cheers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer strange connection problems - multiplayer lobbys Mar 21, 2023

3. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer

Well basicly both. BUT, i prefer multiplayer more.

Career mode is just a big bonus for thiskind of simulator. :) When you get tired of crashing in first corner in mp, you can relax a moment by driving againts AI :D

Xreasonz likes this.
  4. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Add option "both". That is what i would vote anyways ;)

5. Raymond

Raymond Racer

I have played AC once since 0.4 just to update 0.5 to see what the update was. I just updated to 0.61 or whatever it is... and found the AI just awful. I have been waiting on multi-player since the pre-release and really expected it to be integrated first. I have said this before, no one will ever get AI perfect and I am shocked since they already had some experience integrating Multi-player with NetKar Pro.

I just hope that multi-player is around the corner because I have several friends ready to purchase but not until it is released.

I believe that the AI is a nice distraction for everyone, but it really is not very good at this point. I would much rather be playing Race On if I was going to play with AI or Game Stock Car.

I think there was a similar vote previously that leaned strongly towards MP but it didn't matter. At the end of the day, this is a small vocal community that probably doesn't represent the majority of those that own the game.

6. Of course everyone would like both but that defeats the purpose of the poll.

7. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

well, in that case i would prefer Multiplayer.

8. MP first.

Enviado de meu GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

9. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

i vote for AI, because its easier and faster (useful when you got not so much time) to race against them. On MP sometimes you need way too long until everything starts, but its enjoyable :)

10. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

Such a poll is a bit like going on a car enthusiast forum and asking should Ford make a Focus 125BHP 1.0 Ecoboost or a 330+BHP RS? Sales of the former make the latter a possibility...

11. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

I vote for human stupidity over artificial intelligence. It is waaaay more fun! That doesn't mean I don't understand Shaddix' point.. It is true that ai is more convenient for people who don't have much time.

Tony you have a point there too, but don't forget that the ac community consists mainly of enthusiasts!

12. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

I voted for MP.

In my opinion AC could be on the way to become the best Race Simulation ever, but than it should have the best MP ever too. In other words, the simracing community is waiting since a couple of years for a new SIM. Everything, wich came up the last 2-3 years, wasn`t really good. Maybe all (hardcore) simracer hoping so much, that AC would exceed all this arcade games, wich where released in the past. There are a lot of discussions during the last weeks and months about the MP. We`re talked about Teamrace, Weather, Nightlight and so much more. Last but not least...maybe we expect to much from AC.

This words are not to blame KUNOS, just to see the whole thing a little bit more realistic. I'm sure MP will come, but maybe we don`t get than, what we expected & hoped.

P.S.: Dear Dev`s, maybe it`s better to discuss with your customers, instead of deleting & editing their postings ;-)

13. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Given that AC's not a 100% online setup, it's impossible IMHO to ignore the need for a reasonable AI. Likewise, if it doesn't offer a system that'll keep the traditional online simmer happy, it'll lose a surprising amount of potentially very long term support very quickly indeed. I think both of those are a given to such a high degree that both will inevitably happen.

To pick something from another thread, what interests me more is exactly how Kunos are going to assist (or otherwise) in ensuring there'll be a decent possibility of some pick-up racing with stock content that's easily accessible for online newbies to give a try. As I mentioned elsewhere, sim racers don't pop out the womb with Clubsports attached to their umbilical cord and an innate ability to keep Sunday afternoons free, so for the long term benefit of all involved some sort of mechanism is needed to help bridge the gap between the AI and the traditional online scene.

ThereIs0nly0ne and DaveH36 like this.
  14. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

AI for me. There has not been a decent high-fidelity singleplayer racing sim for the PC since GTR2. I will definitely do some MP in AC but its MP infrastructure, i.e. not just the racing/net code itself but all the stats, tech support and everything else you need in a modern MP racing sim, will have to be of a very high standard to compete with iRacing. On the other hand, the SP already justifies its purpose as a state-of-the-art serious SP product as long as they fix the AI's current violent and brutish inclinations. Many of you will disagree; this is just my 2c.

Sm1ggs and Enzo Martin like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The question in its self is quite badly worded IMHO. Obviously people would want excellent integration of each aspect even if they dont use some of it much and this isnt just the 2 options given, I want the best possible integration of every aspect and no half arsed lame features which I am sure Kunos is in the exact same thinking. Why would anyone want poor integration of any features?

Not really by not having the option of both you are getting mixed results even though the wording I think is very wrong so I want even vote, some people will only prefer AI others Multi while many would want both. If given the 3 options youd get a better view actual opinion as many of the multi only crowd seem to think AI is completly useless. If you had 3 options then I think it would clearly show that multi only would be a much lower percentage then many people think.

16. alex72

alex72 Alien

I would love for AC to get real acitve online cups often with commentary etc (like i-racing), and not just people hooking up randomly here and there (well that too of course).

MP, but AI too. :)

OffAgain likes this.
  17. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

To me anyway, that would be the perfect solution - classic "here's the .exe, now fill yer boots", plus the option of some structured stuff in exchange for a small sub. Part of me wishes I had a bit (and it really isn't much) to throw at a few servers because the software side of providing a basic structured service is seriously one-banana stuff.

Strummer likes this.
  18. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

"One banana stuff". Never heard that before. Must use it.

19. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

Ultimately we need both. Strong cases have been made for MP and AI in this and other threads. I for one am glad kunos is taking The AI thing seriously. It will enhance the experience of racers at all skill levels. Having said that, I'm really looking forward to doing some online racing in AC. We've got a number of folks involved that are already hard core simmers, and a bunch more like me, that have developed a real desire to take this thing seriously and get some skills going. I think all levels will find like minded racers in the AC MP community. Short story, I plan to take advantage of and enjoy both AI and MP.

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I have a genuine hard time understanding why people would rather compete against AI when they can compete against a human..

Alessandro Greghi, Kristaps and Hany like this.
  21. Skybird

Skybird Alien

deleted.