1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI or Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Would you prefer AC to have excellent integration of either Offline AI or Online Multiplayer?

1. AI

31.7%
  2. Multiplayer

68.3%
  1. Ryno917

Ryno917 Alien

Uh, I pretty much only race offline and I stick with titles for many years, if they're good. And AC is definitely good. If AC gets a good AI then I won't be going anywhere for a long, long time.

Good AI and single player ensures sales, which is what will keep KUNOS in the green and continue to work on AC. MP may ensure that AC has a long life in the community, but AI will help ensure that KUNOS has a long life as a developer (which, in turn, benefits the lifespan of AC as well, with continued development).

AI gets my vote, since it's what I want to see personally.

Darpa14 and Cote Dazur like this.
  2. Deh

Deh Racer

I voted for multiplayer, but i prefer both. AC multiplayer will be the kind of multi that you play with your friends, playing race games with random players can be a pain, that's why I prefer both, when you got no friends online you can play with AI.

3. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

Multiplayer...

Samsung Stress4 Beitrag.

4. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

Racing with a decent Ai is fun and Mp is for me even more funnier. But to have success with this title, needs AC both. Salute to GTR2 - Nordschleife with +50 cars :D

5. ProTraX

ProTraX Racer

Definitely Multiplayer, as I prefer real opponents. Also, AI doesn't do Tandem Drifting with me :)

6. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

dont "say" that. there is maybe someone who will code one ;)

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Overall its the package, so everything included that makes AC successful for wide amount of people which is good for everyone.
    And many will probably be happy about everything.
    AI for training and more relaxed racing (if the AI get some manners ;), Multiplayer for more tension and competition and Hotlapping/Rallye on exciting demanding tracks, besides the circuits, so tracks like Trento and JP and NS, while NS is good for racing and driving for the track alone, I think.

Overall, the last point something I didnt expected, cause I didnt thought there will be much like Trento or other rallye- and road-tracks.
    But with JP the fun of AC got on a whole new level for me and Im really excited about Trento now, cause I simply forgot how good rallye-tracks are, after a long absence after Colin2005 and Rallye Sport Challenge 1/2 (granted: no sims, but that doesnt make a track necessarly bad).

There shouldnt be right or wrong reasons why you buy and enjoy AC afterall. :)
    Everyone being happy about the great game, nice developers, many cool community-members and being part of it all.
    Ok, its getting kinda cheesy..:D

RelapseUK likes this.
  8. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

@ plaid

check richard burns rally + mods! awesome! ;)
    Rallye Sport Challenge 2 - damn microsoft......

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Great points & i agree! :)

10. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

hey guys the funny thing is : this thread is senseless anyway as we get BOTH :D ;)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Like nobody knews it :cool:

Send from my HTC One

12. coudn't care less about AI

13. damys

damys Racer

multiplayer is fun with friends..for the AI depends .

14. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Hate to say it but !
    You belong to a minority !
    Read and weep !

Marco Massarutto ( Kunos Licensing Project Manager ) quote:
    "Many people think that the multiplayer and online experience is dramatically important to every racing game.
    Still if you count the number of users that play online at any time of the day/week with all the available simulators on the market, and then you also count the sales numbers of all the simulators available, you will notice that the online active users are a tiny fraction of the whole sales, even on purely online dedicated sims.
    So we’re troubled… where are all these people? Why we can’t see more online active users, than 15-20% of the whole sales of all sims even by the most pessimistic sales projections?
    Obviously because only a small part of the customers have the time and energy to race online regularly."

Edu Martinez. and Cote Dazur like this.
  15. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Show me the stat for how many people never play at all after the first couple of weeks and that 15% will actually mean something.
    1500 online players out of 10000 sales does not equal 8500 happy single-player-mode players, and to even suggest that it might is simply ridiculous. The number of people playing Black Ops1 online is probably relatively low now. Should we infer that they are gleefully playing the single player campaign?

Honestly I'd say 15% is a very high percentage in that scenario.

OffAgain likes this.
  16. I love AI and MP but high end MP (long races) need a lot of time for training, resting, concentration, dedication and clean players. There are lot of things before that: work, family, friends, sport, etc. etc. so a lot of days you will have time to play AI but not MP.
    I will be happy to play the best one, AC, and be free to choice AI or MP.
    At least I will be able to play always I want, and I won´t be slave to pay every month for playing a game I already paid (for every track and car) and only for MP.

17. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Yep. I do. Business analysis that woeful is worthy of tears.

Akis Kev likes this.
  18. just put a poll and see who will vote to play more ai or more online

19. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

When you win against AI, it's just "ok I won" .But if you win against real people it's "Yeaaaaaaaa". Where is this statistic from? Look at rF. I Think 98% players are online. Ai is ok for few days.

20. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard Racer

and how representative do you believe a poll of members who have bought into an early access sim racing product and contribute to a forum are likely to be in terms of the overall customer base?