1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI or Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Would you prefer AC to have excellent integration of either Offline AI or Online Multiplayer?

1. AI

31.7%
  2. Multiplayer

68.3%
  1. sinbad

sinbad Racer

Personally, I absolutely could not care less about AI. They could remove it tomorrow and I would be glad they aren't wasting any more time on it.
    If it helps sell AC to people who otherwise wouldn't buy it, with things like "career mode", then good, but really multiplayer is what will make this title successful in the long term, and keep players here for years. No matter how good the AI, if a player is only playing AC for the career mode, then they won't stick around long once they've "completed" it.

2. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Both duh!

Pulley likes this.
  3. Dodger77

Dodger77 Racer

For me it's all about MP. But MP for me isn't just the options, servers, tech-things... it's more about the community I play with. I don't like public servers, I want league/community races. Perhaps a cup with 6 to 8 races and about one race a week. For this race I would like to practice some hours and make a good setup. I would also like to have some fun events/single races from time to time. Winning is not my goal (sure would be great) but perhaps finnishing 4th, 5th... whatever, with thrilling, fair fights... having fun with the mates in the community. So, as I said, MP is more about community for me, than about pure tech facts...

4. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Uhm, that doesn't make any sense. Just because people enjoy a career mode doesn't mean they will suddenly stop loving driving, throw down their controllers and say "Beat it, done". Considering Kunos made Net Kar Pro and that was MP only.. It makes sense that they are moving on and making a full featured experience. Along with that, it allows people to practice rather than simply buy the game and start racing online with 0 experience.

5. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Russians can't wait for MP )
    i.jpg

Attached Files:

• i.jpg
      i.jpg
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I'll probably be spending more time with the AI than online races. I see multiplayer as a more serious challenge and you have to wait for the good organised races, it's not really like you can just drop in and have a race any time you want and get a good class of racer. Racing against guys online means racing against people that know how to set up the car and have put in hours of practice, I don't have the time for all that so I'd be at a huge disadvantage.

Strummer likes this.
  7. sinbad

sinbad Racer

IF someone buys the game that otherwise would not have, because there is a career mode, then I wouldn't expect them to stick around because of physics nuances and other good stuff like multiplayer. They'll be on to the next grind for 100%. Career mode really is only for people that wouldn't buy a realistic and simple online racing simulator, and i wouldn't expect them to keep playing once career mode compete and that's all they have.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

To have the choice to race against always available humans, night, day, whatever, that are a racing at a pace that I can have fun competing with, I would always choose humans, but the choice does not exist.
    Racing against humans that are of an equivalent talent and available, requires organization and dedicated time at certain time of day and certain days of the week, time zone add to the complexity. Even with the almighty IRacing, you have to wait for this and wait for that, and the someone crashes you in the first turn because they forgot the race had 10 laps.
    Good MP is like the Holy Grail, most of the time it is nowhere to be found.
    That is why, we need both.

9. magzire

magzire Alien

Wow cant believe over 30% prefer to play AI more than multi. Really makes no sense to me. Basically just driving on your own without real racing. Weirdos :)

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

So you expect that 100% should have the exact same opinion like you?
    Funny, weirdo.

Send from my HTC One

11. magzire

magzire Alien

Around 90% would be logically, rest of the 10% dont have internet :)

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I know that eventually the AI will be willing to drive any vehicle in AC, on whatever track I feel like, at a competitive pace to me.

When I look at RSR, some car/track combos have 30 records, whereas popular ones have 500+. What I expect to see of MP races if we stuck to the current content is a lot of FAbarth at Monza, FAbarth at Imola, Ferrari 458 at Imola, etc. etc. which is fine when I want to drive at those combos. (in future it'll be T125 replacing the FAbarth in popularity I guess)

I don't dislike multiplayer, but I don't expect it to offer the races I want to enter. Or even ones I feel qualified for maybe. I don't yet know all the cars & tracks in AC. With AI I'm willing to ignore that, and enter a race at Mugello blind - I tried the E30 race with no knowledge of the car or track, I don't want to do the same in multiplayer. When you look at real-world racing formulas, they're not all using F1 cars, and a lot of drivers aren't aiming to get into F1. It's just not for everyone.

I might not have an hour to spare every time I want to race in AC. If I have 15 minutes, I'm going to choose AI, cause I can instantly get a 5-10 lap race (depending on car/track) that I'm qualified for, and drive against reasonably skilled opponents.

If AC multiplayer has skill/safety ratings that help you join quick races at your ability level, I'm in favor. The last racing game I spent time on multiplayer had a skill ranking, as well as short races chaining qualifications that I could jump in any time (3 laps, position in the next grid based on finishing in previous). That's the sort of thing that would actually pull me into multiplayer - fair racing on demand.

I'm not playing purely to finish in first, unless the game makes that the requirement - see AC's achievements for 1st place in AI races, or most tournaments where you need first place points to have a chance at an overall win. That sorta thing encourages playing outside your own bracket, cause in a fair race against 11 opponents, you wouldn't be 1st every time. To beat AC's AI to the finish line, I need to be lapping a few seconds faster, which makes passing relatively easy and one-way. I don't mind battling for 6th/7th, as long as there's a reward for finishing 6th that makes it worthwhile.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  13. I used to love going to some of rFactor's practice servers to learn the track and adjust car settings, etc. It was fun doing this with others around you and getting/giving advice on what to do. It felt like a proper community rather than practicing on your own or even some of the race servers.

Someone above made a good point though - MP will keep AC alive in the long run. AI is good for a little while but like any single player experience, it has a shelf-life. If we want to see mods continuing to be developed for AC then Kunos should make sure MP is very good.

14. uglykidmoe

uglykidmoe Rookie

because many if not most mp participants are dicks :(

15. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

Racing against AI isn't necessarily the same thing as career mode. just sayin'......

16. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

For them to get any good at the game, enough to 100% it, pretty much means that have gotten a hang of driving very, very well. I seriously doubt someone that devoted to mastering the game would not then play online.. That's like saying "People who buy halo for the singleplayer probably wont ever touch the multiplayer, they are just doing it for achievements" There may be a few people where that's true, but not for most. They realize "oh man, this game is fun" play it for awhile, then beat the game and suddenly realize "I can play against my friends too". Everyone ive shown this game to has been super excited about it, just from hotlapping, let alone AI and MP. If they buy it im sure well have a career started and plenty of AI quick races played before we bother going online.

nijeat likes this.
  17. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

Simply no. It is too risky to define everybody only from one point of view, they could have their own taste.
    For example for me great physics is first absolutely but then multiplay + AI or etc are side dishs. :) I got no complaint even in singleplay only. Of course I'm looking forward to see them both though. Bear in mind that them that you don't like, career or such things, wouldn't give you at least any pressure just to enjoy at any time, it's just one of the many contents to be able to enjoy.

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

LOL
    If that's your attitude toward MP players then please just stick with AI and don't even try playing online. Going into an MP server with that mindset is not only going to cause problems for yourself, but for others who want a good race too. You see, good online racing is more about having respect for other players around you rather than having an abundance of speed & skill. Your comment shows you lack respect so you've no chance....

19. uglykidmoe

uglykidmoe Rookie

respect is earned professor, hence my comment. sounds like you may have been one that turned me off to it.

4yrton Senn4 likes this.
  20. Wildchild

Wildchild Gamer