1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Aventador SuperVeloce! - Real VS Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Great video, and great driving! :) The whole format and idea you executed with the video was awesome--music, script, text. Really good job. Thanks Aris.

Did you use any aids? Are you now wearing a neck brace?

To my surprise, I seen a standard Aventador at the Cars and Coffee meet last Saturday :eek:. One thing that is just not conveyed well in pictures and videos is: How low these sit, how low the roof is, and how wide the car is. It is gobsmacking!

Here is a tech question for you. I noticed the V12 engine is not mounted on the center line of the car. It's slightly offset to the left. Do you know why that is?

ALB123 likes this.
  2. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Very fun video and great driving skills from @Aristotelis (grande manico!) to tame that beast.
    Did you manage to drift also in 3rd gear?

3. Berry

Berry Alien

@Seria17hri11er It's to counter-balance the weight of the driveshaft, you know, attention to details :p.

ALB123 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  4. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Great video. Nice to see so much passion for cars from the both of you.
    Let's hope all the environmentalists in the world will never be able to destroy and kill these beautiful machines!

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, you could generate that power with a fuel cell and... *runs away*

grandepunto and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. These are the days I am jealous of the possibilities you have in your work :) Awesome video!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Just checked AC. Too soon I'm affraid.:(

8. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

some chit-chat with Aris at 6:56min... ;)

Seria17hri11er and arthur666 like this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I like hearing revelations like this from someone who's actually driven the cars, that counter complaints like ”too much understeer”.

Minolin likes this.
  10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

it on the heavy side so not too surprising, but at the same time i remember reading that braking was actually an advantage of the 918 vs the P1...still don't understand that (quick googling says 918 is +600lbs on the P1, aventador sv is +300-400lbs on the 918).

11. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Great driving ,Great drift, Great comparison ......Still hoping to see the 458.......And Nemesis is still the best vid :)

12. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Veramente fantastico!
    The simulation is 100% faithful to reality.
    Thank you for the hard work Kunos.
    Now Lanborghini/Wolkswagen is going to adopt Assetto Corsa to test their cars.:D

13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

@Aristotelis Very nice driving. Can I ask you a question? Does your back hurt all the time? You know...from having to carry those big ba11s around 24/7? :D Throwing a $400,000 car around like that! You da man... :cool:

Serious question: Lamborghini likes to list the Aventador SV at 1525kg but the car that you drove, as it sat on the track, is closer to 1750kg (American Aventador SV is closer to 1835kg!). Have you locked in a weight for the Aventador SV in Assetto Corsa yet & do you remember what it is? I'm just curious...The Aventador is a Whole Lotta Rosie!

AurusCE, Seria17hri11er and Minolin like this.
  14. Aaaah!

Baby-Dribble-447083-282x300.jpeg

15. Your driving are amazingly fast and controlled with an ease that perfectly match that wonderfull music in the background. Well done and what a car! o_O:D

16. grat

grat Simracer

Note to the non-Italians: Bach's music in the video (which in English takes the fantastic title of "Air on the G-string"!!!) is a reference to the most famous nature documentary show in Italy.

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Probably the same as the first words about "the spanish fighting bull".. Very very entertaining, Aris has hidden talents there. I don't know how he could keep talking like this without bursting into laughing.

18. grat

grat Simracer

Of course... I just thought the non-Italians would have not got how the music matched the documentary-style intro...

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I did more takes on the prologue than actual laps of driving... :p

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I appreciate such comparing split screen movies. For people like me who have no chance to drive such toys ion reality, it is the only chance to get an idea and impression of how these cars drive in real life and how close (or not) a simulation is in recreating this driving characteristic. Heck, last time I moved a car in real life was almost 30 years ago. :D (I always was lucky to never have needed a car for job or anything).

Seria17hri11er and f1webberfan like this.