1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Aventador SuperVeloce! - Real VS Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

might be a good idea to show the bloopers where you have had issues or forgot how to talk. those kinds of things are generally quite hilarious.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Can we have the outtakes as Director's Cut? I'm ready to laugh with you :)

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Actually this is something we always want to do, but unfortunately the cameraman doesn't record us during the whole day... it is quite a pity and we should do something about it because... boy are we stupid! :D

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I sure hope the fun part doesn´t come short for you guys! ;D

5. AurusCE

AurusCE Racer

Really nice video Aris! What a car!
    Have to ask you, if the Stefano's dynamic brake bias is already implemented in the build used and which cars in AC are going to use it.
    Cheers!

Enviado de meu LG-D855 usando Tapatalk

6. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

@Aristotelis

Very nice vid Aris and great skills and courage (especially if that's your first go at 400k € car, with only few laps... and you are not fortunate enough to be able to afford new Ferrari every month... than courage is really needed to drift such a beast).

But the thing that interests me the most - how would you compare track's grip in reality to one in AC? Was it closer to 'green' or maybe it was closer to 'dusty'? Because that's the factor that has been overlooked in questions in this thread.
    It would give us also some kind of perspective in terms of setting grip to match "ordinary" day at track with street (I guess?) tyres.

7. Aristotelis

Thanks guys, really appreciated.
    As you can see, we put your subscription numbers to good use.

@xystof the track grip to set was around green. It was better than that in places and a bit worse than that on other places. But no dusty.
    Tyres were streets and they would start sliding around like that when overheated... which was not that difficult as you might expect :)
    When on optimum temp the car would be more stable with a tendency to understeer first and only slide when heavily provoked.
    Maybe it is important to say this. In reality, the forces let you understand when you are pushing to much. In other words it is easier to stay under the limit and harder to convince yourself to go over the limit. Behind a monitor, on a sim, and without any forces or fear, the opposite is true. It is easier to go over the limit and harder to convince yourself to stay under the limit, accelerate less and so on.

uff_, LeDude83, alex72 and 27 others like this.
  8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

When you say "street" tyres.. What have you got in mind? Because when i see street tyres i imagine some run of the mill, standard street tyre..

even semi slicks are essentially street tyres as they are road legal.

ALB123 likes this.
  9. Aristotelis

Ah yes, street tyres in this occasion are not of course of the mill standard street tyres but the classic hypercar "street" tyre. It's more like a semislick compound with more tread for the rain.

10. Please say that Hypercar Trofeo aren't an option for the Aventador? Really would like to see them listed as obviously not road legal in-game tbh.

V8_KB likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure if that set would be much good in the rain after you were done with them.

[​IMG]

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Dont they use pirelli p zero trofeo?

13. They may very well use that tyre IRL, but in AC the Hypercar Trofeo has nothing to do with this; its essentially a cut slick, the 'Top Gear Slicks' used by the Huayra.

And thats the problem; people see the name and automatically think its a sticky road tyre, its not. IMO it shouldn't be an option in AC, but if it has to be included it should be labelled appropriately.

ChrisR, V8_KB and liakjim like this.
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I remember Aris approving it when I suggested it couple months ago (when I was moaning about HT tyres being available :p).

Just to be at least slightly on topic.
    Great video and awesome skills.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

According to this website the Aventador SV has two tire options. Either Pirelli P Zero or Pirelli P Zero Corsa. Oddly, the Lamborghini Huracan can be fitted with Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires as an option. From what I know, the Trofeo R are technically a better tire, as far as track performance goes. I remember reading that Pirelli didn't even make the P Zero Trofeo R in the size needed for Aventadors.

Sources:
    http://www.anewset.com/cars/2016-lamborghini-aventador-sv-lp750-4/
    https://tiresize.com/tires/Lamborghini/Huracan/2015/LP-610-4/

16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

agree completely on the name change, which just misleads. disagree about not allowing them. there are going to be a lot of people playing with a controller soon. one way to make the game easier for them without compromising the physics is to give them unrealistically sticky tires.

17. yusupov

yusupov Alien

thats very strange, & it makes the sub-7 even more impressive if that wasnt done on trofeo Rs (or better...)

ALB123 likes this.
  18. grat

grat Simracer

@Aristotelis : you are clearly quite satisfied with the setup you are using to make the comparisons, and indeed it looks really good. Do you think it would be possible for you to share info about what hardware you use for them and whether there is any software or hardware setting you think is particularly good with that hardware. I understand if you can't (say, because you do not want to look like you are advertising a product) but if you do, it would be quite useful for those of us who have less ability to judge their own settings/hardware and are looking for an expert advice. Thank you.

19. Also, we just want to laugh at you. Cause, why not?

20. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am trying to drive around the Gallardo SL at Modena (btw check Racedepartment, there's a new version of Modena!) and man is it hard to keep it on track, how the hell can you also drift one of these beasts!? It feels like a tiger in a cage. I am driving the "slow" Modena, the one with all the hairpins.