1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Before ending the development of the Assetto Corsa 1?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Which of these resources will be added before closing the development of Assetto Corsa 1?

- dynamic climate (removed by bug in 1.10);
    - manual pit stop speed with speed penalty (drive through);
    - brake air intake adjustment;
    - temperature of liquids (water, oil, etc.);
    - sparks (removed by bugged since the early access version);
    - real start lights in track

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Races ending before crossing the finish line Jan 31, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have to post before it lets me download Dec 4, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Hacker alert, recorded for proof! Never seen this before! Jun 26, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game crash before the race Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Physics Ai pit just before finish line Jan 16, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU and game crash on startup before main menu Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Suzuka Pit Stop Glitch? [user restarted engine before jacks were up] Oct 24, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Race ended before leader crossed the finish line [short server max wait time] Sep 30, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Please watch this before playing online! Jul 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions game crashes back to dashboard, sometimes freezes before crashing, sometimes throws error “Error. Ou May 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assigning pit options before pitting Feb 23, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Server starts the post race countdown before the end of the race [insufficient race overtime set] Jan 17, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 196 - Herding Cats and Home Before Dark Sep 12, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a team or league but I've not joined one before, any recommendations? Sep 6, 2020

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

How many cars in rl have adjustable brake ducts? I'm aware F1 teams have variable sizes available but for GTs?

People go in about this feature but how many race cars actually have it?

4. The current GT I can not say. But the many old GT cars had. Remember GTR 1 and 2?

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I know it was in game in GTR but you just don't seem to hear much about it in the real world. Some current GT3 cars have a radiator in the front bumper to allow brake cooling iirc.

6. katikomer

katikomer Gamer

I believe manual pit stops are coming to next patch update as mentioned by Lord Kunos, Temps of liquids would be fantastic as I use z1 Dashboard and half the dash is unusable because of the missing API data.
    I think we will see some great things this year before they wrap up development.

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

With current GT cars they usually just duct tape over the brake intakes if they want them to get hotter. I think the official stance on that is "it's not your job to set them so don't worry about it" though, if it bugs you that much pretend your race engineer adjusted them to the appropriate setting every time you go on track.

Mogster likes this.
  8. Where he spoke it?

9. he didn't say anything about pit limiter, they were talking about mandatory pits and some pit app

10. katikomer

katikomer Gamer

I may have misinterpreted this in another thread. Reading between the lines

11. My guesses:
    - dynamic climate (removed by bug in 1.10); 15%
    - manual pit stop speed with speed penalty (drive through); 90%
    - brake air intake adjustment; 0%
    - temperature of liquids (water, oil, etc.); 0% (at most will be placeholder value, not physics related)
    - sparks (removed by bugged since the early access version); 0%
    - real start lights in track; 5%

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    katikomer and 3dchips like this.
  12. magzire

magzire Alien

What did dynamic weather do again?

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'd add engine stalling to the wishlist. Eventually ignition too.

I think water temperature is much more than just a value to adjust. It can get trickier than that.

I learned that when you use slip stream IRL, you are loosing on cooling, and if you slip stream too much then you overheat. At least with less modern cars thats for sure. I have watched a lot of videos of event from a track which I'm making, and E30 is quite popular car, they seem to never use a lot of slip streaming because then they overheat. They slipstream - starts to overheat - moves out from the slipstream. I think a lot of guys with other cars does this too. And there even isn't a lot of straights.

I think AC is short of "extras" like that.

AC2 wishlist I'd call this.

Tomcul likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Water temperature is already in, but it's not really simulated. It rises a bit with engine rpm but I don't think it has a large or any effect on performance. No overheating. Oil is I believe definitely just placeholder though. Question as always will be available hard data to the studio.

If I remember right sparks were in the feature poll where Stefano said that all the choices are likely to get implemented at some point, so I wouldn't rate it at 0% probability. Just not exactly priority I guess.

15. Yeah water temps just now are purely for a visual effect, with no other consequences.

Whilst I've always held the opinion that water/oil temps are not necessary, as its something that kinda just should work and you never have to think about it - I kinda like the idea of having to manage temps in traffic like @mantasisg 2 says. You hear about it in F1, how in hot races temps can get too high if they are stuck in traffic for too long, its a nice element to play with. I don't think its a massive priority though.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'm wondering why it isn't in AC. Simply because of different priorities or something else? Looking at some of the mod tracks it's possible.

Tim Meuris and Epistolarius like this.
  17. rge75

rge75 Simracer

Any chance that they ever fix saving the personal best from online sessions if you don't quit after a session? It's pretty annoying that they're not saved into personalbest.ini immediately but only when you quit a session. So you always have to manually correct the personalbest.ini according to the stats on Stacker.

18. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

MindBlown.jpg

19. Turk

Turk Alien

Better statistics management would be helpful alright. I wonder are all those stats there waiting to be exploited?

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Who said anything about closing the development of Assetto Corsa (1)?

ShredatorFIN, chakko, ALB123 and 2 others like this.
  21. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I wish we´d see more than 1-2 new tracks a year, but that´s about it. I don´t expect much more of AC1 as it is, but I sure would like to see Kunos have the will and resources to make AC2.

Phil64 and Gevatter like this.