1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Before ending the development of the Assetto Corsa 1?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Mar 19, 2017.

1. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Back seat dev is for people who dont know how to drive ;)

All I can go on (lacking trivial things like facts and knowledge) are what people have written on this forum during discussions about this missing feeling in AC. Basically as back seat dev I would chose to rectify that over night and/or rain.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Support for a hardware-lockable gear leader? I guess you would like that? :D

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I dont know what you mean. If you were talking about the synchro/non synchro comment im sure they could come up with something for cars like the 250F. the Miuragearbox has something. Even if you just have to shift slow like that or have shift to neutral between gears or it misses a shift.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

http://www.pro-sim.co.uk/product/h-pattern-shifter
    (Made in your home country btw. ;))

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

I already stated that for me brake temps are all that is needed, but I must admit I'd love to have oil (temp and pressure) and water (temp) simulated. It's the only thing I'd like from the OP list.

By the way, what does he mean by dinamic climate?

fr13del, katikomer and marmagas like this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Most likely weather changes, which is the number one feature requested ever since AC was released in early access.

Within what could happen in AC1, dynamic changes in track and ambient temperatures could be seen as being realistic, but personally I wouldn't care too much about that.

8. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

For my purposes AC is pretty much complete. Not perfect, but quite close.

But I don't care at all about online or racing features. Seems that is the area most people want to see improvements.

If I had to pick one thing it would be loose surface support.

9. Solid front axle support would do me. I'd be set for life with modding projects... :D

aphidgod likes this.
  10. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

^ Actually, good call... I have an upcoming project that would benefit from a solid front axle. ('40 Ford + a buddy)

garyjpaterson likes this.
  11. I'd say about 90% of all the cars I really want to make have solid front axles, either big off-roaders or some pre-war stuff, so many possibilities!

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

There's definitely some funky stuff going on with the suspension forces overall (noticeable with DWB set to trailing arm type angles for example, and to a lesser extent on anything other than zero anti-squat/dive on the driven axle) that it'd be nice to get improved in AC 1.

It's hard to tell without a direct readout of what suspension forces are calculated to act on each wishbone but my general impression is that the uprights are taking torques they shouldn't - with differential mounted to the body of the car, accelerating torque pushes on that instead of the uprights, so the uprights just get a force pushing through the center of the bearing (no torque), whereas when braking the pads are either attached to the uprights and generate a torque, or attached to the body (inboard) and don't generate this torque.

So at a minimum should be added 'brake location' to set it inboard or outboard and ideally same for motors, since KERS type systems can actually have hub mounted motors which would apply torque to the upright. I believe right now everything's applied against the upright which means trailing arms don't work at all right.

I'm less sure where forces go on solid axles, both ingame and irl. But leaf springs are certainly complicated enough that I doubt AC can handle them, they're not straightforward links but have spring force in various directions.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    garyjpaterson likes this.
  13. La Gonorrata

La Gonorrata Rookie

I would love to see brake temps, and as im someone who races cars at 8000ftasl (feets, meters above sea level) i would love to see cars having an altitude performance decrease considering theres lots of hillclimb mods out there.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Regarding the "ending development of AC1" thing …

Why would you start working on what seems to be the start of big changes with a bigger goal (talking about driver swaps if anyone doesn't get it) if AC1 development were about to fade out soon?

IMO it's a good hint that AC1 will carry on for at least some time (which btw several people @ Kunos said several times).

15. I get asked a lot by friends if you would ever allow to join servers with not available content, I mean, you have dlc 1 and there's a server with dlc 1 + 2, so I could join with my dlc 1 cars even though I don't have dlc 2 cars. Just like any other raacing title available.

16. And the answer to your friends should be the same as it has always been: can't join unless you own the content that is being used. Is this thread going to turn into yet another dead horse beat-down?

Psit likes this.
  17. I know the current answer.. but since it's the
    Before ending the development of the Assetto Corsa 1?
    i'm just asking