1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Blacklisted from gcracing spa server.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kakusso, Jan 28, 2015.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I could not find the GCRancing website so here it goes.
    Someone pushed me out to pass. Since there is no stop & go penalties or race stewards, and since behavior tends repeat itself whenever there is positive feedback, (he manage to overtake in this way, that is positive feedback), and probably he would think that is OK to do it, I had to show him that this is not acceptable.
    In the picture it is clear that I was in front in the corner entry therefore entitle to the race line. Only if we were side by side, I would have to change the trajectory.
    As a result, I got blacklisted. Nothing happened to him.
    Giving a tip on the side at the back is a technique that the police uses to make fugitive cars spin.
    Probably he thought that I would spin and he would get away with it.

Relative positions at corner entry:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/prn2cvjt4p9u4yq/2015-01-28_00001.jpg?dl=0

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from Touge Life 3 Sep 22, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Mar 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from ab!001 A102| ACS-UK F2004/SF70H - SPA Dec 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Oct 10, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt | Realistic Trackday Feb 10, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from AC-02 (www.assetto-fr.tk) french gt2 Dec 31, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Blacklisted from Kunos #003 by rackservice.org Oct 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted El Banditos GT Server Oct 7, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Blacklisted people Oct 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Wtf?? blacklisted for what??? Oct 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted on werner's 24/7 nordschleife trackday (touristenfahrten) Aug 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted on the first day. (pulled over) Jun 24, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Why am i being blacklisted?! Jun 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted a !! track day tourist (magione) Jan 31, 2015

3. magzire

magzire Alien

The guy made a sloppy overtake, that's racing. BUT you went out of your way to cause a wreck. A big difference. Admin doing his job fairly.

TCLF, Seven, jc1993 and 4 others like this.
  4. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Bleagh. Another of these threads.

Yes, you got nudged off. Not fair. Your reaction though, I`m pretty sure would get you banned from anywhere with a decent admin. A full-on ram from behind in a slow corner.

If it was me running the server at the time and I saw that, you`d be gone too. If you sent a communication later to look over the whole thing, I`d probably warn the first guy (if it was the first time), but you`d still be getting a serious slap for a deliberate move like that.

This isn`t real life. Crashes cost no money or health. It`s a game. A bit of fun. Anybody complaining about incidents like this on a public server, needs to find an organised league or community with a private server.

Drubermann and Mogster like this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Arf, road rage....

These threads are always good for a laugh :D

EyeAmZ, Christopher Low and Jebus like this.
  6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Seems like you got what you deserved.
    Raced a few times on that server and had good races there, the admin(s) is/are fair and aren't ban-hammer happy.

Drubermann likes this.
  7. Metal

Metal Racer

Admins of that server did a correct thing. I would also give a 1st. and last warning to that mclaren driver.

8. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

Second that. Crummy overtake by that guy, but ANYTHING would have been better than taking revenge in kind. If people see fit to resolve the issue that way, the ramming will never stop!

Sean and offcorsa like this.
  9. Blame

Blame Alien

Road rage is real, honestly a lot of the server admins aren't really the brightest either so this topic is completely pointless to talk about.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Who cares if road rage is real and it clearly was in this guys case and got him a ban. Still doesnt mean admins need to accept such bad behaviour and blatant ramming.

Blame you are always the brightest arent you? server admins can do as they like on their servers. I have yet to see anyone banned for driving fair and respectfuly of other drivers. Do that on every server and you will never have issues unless you have a crappy connection on the other side of the world.

Be a fool and ram people like this guy for whatever reason and your likely to get banned from any server with a proper admin.

Also the angles in the video make it near impossible to see if he drove the other guy off the road in the first incident. To me it looks as if this may be the case and showing proper angles may show him even at fault in that which is why this camera was chosen that doesnt show much.

If you dont agree with such servers then dont use them as you likely wont last long. Better drivers prefer a server that has fairly strict kicks for people ramming like this as it makes it better then the wreckfest common in un monitored pickup servers.

11. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

So you decided you needed to punish a guy that made a mistake .... If all mankind followed your lead, we'd be extinct.

Horus and GIB SimRacing like this.
  12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

I really don't know if i shall laugh or cry... You really ask why???
    Simple answer: crashing on purpose is not tolerable!

And the funny thing about it: crashing one of the admins on purpose is just stupid...

And we don't know the race before, but I bet he was much faster and you tried to stay in front with all available moves. You should talk to him after race about it...

It's just a temporary ban until next server restart and you should really be happy if i don't think more about it and put you on the permanent ban list. See it as a last warning...

13. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

I only wish other server admins will see this video and add you to their blacklist....

14. Everybody makes mistakes. That's life.

First the McLaren driver made a mistake, then you did.

15. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

funny that you should even think you been hard done by.....funnier that you posted proof of your bad driving.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

* takes seat, gets popcorn *

Horus likes this.
  17. Metal

Metal Racer

Actualy i would really do that on your place for permanent ban :) + i would give a warning to mclaren (1st. and last). The video he posted and community response. You as admin did do nothing wrong at all. Some of players even suggest to put him on other servers blacklist.

Edit: With this topic you'll probaly get some more players (good and bad) and you showed, that bad guys on server "go in pit's faster" :D.

18. MTFDarkEagle

MTFDarkEagle Rookie

Sorry, but it's guys like you who ruin it ...

Make a "hazerdous" overtake (it's racing, **** happens), and then get taken out completely??
    Yes the mclaren driver probably should have lifted to let you take the line again, but what you did afterward... :confused:

19. Jaye

Jaye Alien

I'm still in hope this little break will help him to think about it ;-) But I will remember this and next time he will get a permanent ban on all of my servers.

And to make it more clear: The guy in the mclaren is one of the players i chose for admin rights. And I don't want to blame him without knowing the story before, but a kick for an obvious wanted crash is always right. And everybody makes driving mistakes, me too, especially when a slower guy is in front with e.g. very different braking points or much slower speed in turns.

PhenOm likes this.
  20. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I have raced countless times in GC Racing Spa server mainly in November 2014.
    I have even been overtaken by GC Jay at that same area of the circuit. If you remember I din't block. I know the one move rule. You were alongside and I changed my trajectory.
    Before Assetto Corsa I used to play F1xx series I mainly spectate because it was too arcadish but close racing. I could see many players ramming to pass. It got so bad that the contact had to be removed. Making it sterile in therms of motor racing.
    I know I acted wrong but this type of overtaking that I consider to be selfish and showing no consideration of other drivers has to be stopped and punished in some way.
    Many drivers think they can overtake as soon as the get close. In real racing that almost never happens you can overtake if it is safe. Kamikaze moves are not the way to go.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  21. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do

Arno and Nyowa225 like this.