1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buying a new wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CtrldKilla, May 10, 2016.

1. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Ya +1 for T300. You get it with ****ty / no pedals and shifter and it's a great price / performance wheel.

ZethGAF and iVG like this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

You need to beware of the distorted view from the internet, I have all Fanatec gears and I will recommend them to anyone who wants great performance for a decent price.
    I would recommend a used CSR Elite, I had mine for about 4 years now, and beside from having to change under warranty the original motor after 3 month, Fanatec had a bad batch at the beginning of the CSR Elite, since that, the wheel has been flawless, so has the Elite pedals and the CSS SQ shifter.
    My Porsche Wheel I had before and sold since was also very good for the price and bullet proof.

Thomas Cameron, jonnyboy_99 and mms like this.
  3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

SAVE some more $$ and go Fana V2....you wont regret it....Fanatec products Ooooooze quality, No one can argue that.....and dont let any of the naysayers turn you away...>EVERY mfg has production issues, Its how the company handles the situation that makes the difference.

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

What about quality of new T300rs models ? Who has T300, and for how long ? What is your experience ?

Maybe it was revised, and is more reliable ? If it wasn't from first release ?

I think it would be wise to choose TH8A shifter. Any other good or better price/quality options ?

And what about pedals to go with. What would you guys choose, if you where going for best price/quality product ?

5. Jaye

Jaye Alien

It was the T300RS which I was talking about...

I think the T3PA pedals are very good for the price. Far away from Fanatec pedals for sure, but these costs three times as much as the T3PA ^^

6. iVG

iVG Alien

No offence but the way you wrote it, sounds like a fanboyism galore. I'm looking for a new wheel too and my eyes are on T300. I won't spend £500 on a wheel and the £250 t300 seems like a good option for the price. Give some facts to back up your point. I've seen so many of those comments in the and/nvidia section so I take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Just to back up my anti-fanboyism stance - I have fanatec pedals, Logitech wheel and thrust master shifter.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  7. Jaye

Jaye Alien

When T300 then go for the Alcantara set... The wheel and better pedals is it worth.

mantasisg 2 and steve.hartwig like this.
  8. esox71

esox71 Alien

How does the Alcantara stand up to sweat? I've heard it destroys it.

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Judging by amazon (I'm going to amazon.de). It may be cheaper to go for TM T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel + T3PA Pedal Set, than directly for Alcantara edition. Seems like 100euros cheaper. Looks like good stuff, if durable.

10. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Mine looks like new and I'm not driving with gloves ;)

The base is the only part which makes trouble...

11. But than u dont have the alcantara wheel...

T300 gte +t3pa+ 599xx evo wheel =530€

Integral wheel =400€

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@steve.hartwig Oh, I just mixed up GTE wheel with 599x evo wheel. But they doesn't look so much different.

If I had money and space for the gear, I would probably go for this combo

Wheel
    + Pedals

And TH8A.

Wouldn't mind going for this wheel + t3pa either: Wheel

Or is 599x wheel so much better ? :)

13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

599xx is slightly bigger & has alcantara finish on it which, from hearing, seems to be AMAZING.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Personally I think the 30cm wheel and no plastic feeling is a huge immersion improvent. Would buy it again, but because of my base bad luck maybe with a T500 base ^^

steve.hartwig likes this.
  15. SneakyKoufax

SneakyKoufax Rookie

Love his reviews! Although, he's on a much higher scale than I am. He is as total pro! Seems to cover every aspect of the new piece.

pika4u likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

There are bit too much of "bad luck with T300" posts...

17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

idk... I've had my T300 for over half a year now and it still works amazingly well.

18. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

He's my buyer guide.
    Absolutely the best: he gives you his opinion, but also all that you need to build your own. So precise and never biased...

SneakyKoufax likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is not much, I would like to hear somebody "I have it since 2014 december and it is still like new, and I use it quite often" :D

20. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

T300 owner here, used daily since launch. All products like this can have issues - the people who have bad luck tend to be the ones who go on the internet to talk about it most - food for thought.

PhenOm, LeDude83 and mantasisg 2 like this.