1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buying a new wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CtrldKilla, May 10, 2016.

1. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

98% of servo motor's are made in China based Factories, like most other goods you and I use everyday.....quality is of no concern here. You essentially dealt directly with the mige motor factory. The cable and quick connects are Super nice quality with double joints to move them where ever you want. Overall its a Super nice piece of kit. 25lbs(actual weight) in a 5lb bag is how I would describe it. lol

2. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

@mantasisg 2
    Fanatec is engineered in Germany but of course manufactured in China.

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Nick Moxley, @XettMan , oh well then... it is going to be from China. It is not that bad if it is only assembled in China. :)

4. iVG

iVG Alien

Anybody have a chart with Nm torques for most common racing wheels? I know a Nm is 1 Kg of force applied to 1 metre long arm but the arm of most racing wheels is about 15-20cm. Does that mean a Nm would be 5kg applied to 20cm arm ?

EDIT: Sorry, 5NM - 1kg on 20 cm arm, got the values the other way around

5. esox71

esox71 Alien

Think it's the motor inside that's rated?

6. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah, I'm just trying to visualise it in my brain, how much force my arms would need to apply to turn the wheel on 20 cm arm, not 1 metre.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think you would take radius of 0.2m diameter wheel. So pivoting arm would be 0.1m. And then you have to use not Kg which is mass, but Newtons which is weight force, F=mg, and for 1N you would take about 0.1Kg, because g~9.8m/s(square).

Then 5Nm would be 500g pulling 1meter length leaver, and if it is 0.1meter length leaver, then it is 5Kg.

If I'm right, though it is simple, always confuses me.

EDIT: well... I guess you meant radius of the wheel as "arm", 20cm diametr wheel would be crazy small....

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  8. iVG

iVG Alien

So if you attach a 10kg weight on one side of the wheel, a 12 Nm motor would lift it, assuming the arm is about 10cm. That's a strong FFB rotors you're talking about there. I wouldn't even think about driving with such a strong ffb.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well, lets take it is 599xx alcantara wheel, 30cm diameter, 15cm is radius. The motor has 12Nm peak torque.

It would lift 1.2kg mass on each side, of 2meters diameter steering wheel :D If my super complex calculation is right, then it would lift 8kg with 30cm diameter wheel.

Somebody fix me if I'm wrong here. I've been in math related hybernation for some time.

chart: http://www.edracing.com/edr/Wheel-Torque.php 1 goglel 1 kliek

But I don't understand how this torque figure works with rpm. Because it could lift fast and slow, I guess it wouldn't be lifting so violently on top torque ?

Jaye and iVG like this.
  10. iVG

iVG Alien

I'm happy with my DFGT strength, so a 2.5 will be more than enough for me. Linearity is another thing tho..

11. Jaye

Jaye Alien

I think it really depends where you come from... Had a DFPro before my T300 and jesus the T300 is a monster @ 100% strength. I really can't imagine how to use the direct drive wheels? Maybe I would end with two broken arms when hitting a wall, because of the wheels I'm familiar with.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  12. esox71

esox71 Alien

You have 100% in your driver?

13. Jaye

Jaye Alien

No 75%, just tried it a few minutes once...

14. AdamS4

AdamS4 Gamer

Going to jump on this thread as well, what would be a good upgrade from a Fanatec CSR ?

15. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I don't know what one of you jokers thought it would be funny to come and break my wheel after I was on here praising it's robustness, but you're not funny!

Lol in all seriousness, my t300 has started making a loud clicking sound while spinning quickly... Mostly can be heard when it's spinning during its initial calibration when you plug it in.

I emailed TM last night and they replied pretty much instantly asking for a video and some images of label on wheel.

I sent them that and again pretty much instantly they replied that it would need to be sent back for repair / replace. They asked for address etc. for label and I replied with that late last night.... Just waiting to hear back from them again but although not entirely happy about wheel clicking, it still works perfectly well for now and they have handled it the best they could so far.

LeDude83, esox71 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Oh well TM's support is sure busy and developed. Maybe it is murphys law worked up on you. Things we are afraid, or very worried about, or focused at, has increased chances to occur. Like if you are playing football and get alone face to face against the goal, and if you think "what if I miss" you may miss. :D I don't know how bad the clicking was, but IMO some of those sounds can be temporary.

Rift Racer likes this.
  17. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Yeah shoulda kept my big mouth shut... Here is the video I sent them, you can hear in it that it's certainly not temporary and it's also been getting worse since it started so can't see it going away now.

esox71 likes this.
  18. esox71

esox71 Alien

Dude, I joined a server other night and my wheel took a flakey,strong ffb/spring feeling, wouldn't calibrate properly for wee while, but it's sorted itself out now, others have told me it's an AC bug?

Rift Racer likes this.
  19. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Never heard of that in AC but same thing happens to me in pCARS every now and again, even in practice etc myself and I need to restart the game.

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@davegreengo Yeah that doesn't sound healthy. Sounds like something got loose. You probably did right to report your issue soon. :)