1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can FFB Clip be used after generating a LUT ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, you are of course free to write a phd thesis on the topic. For whatever reason …

@Atle Dreier: yeah, of course it does make sense to adjust the FFB and the compromise it brings to your liking.
    It's just that there are some guys who got really obsessed with FFB clipping …

2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

As said by many others, it's a compromise. As a G27 user I have clipping at high torque bends on purpose so that I feel something on the bends with less wheel torque. Also using "clippless" ffb strength with a weak wheel will make it quite slow which is another problem besides the loss of detail. Although I don't understand why anyone would want any more than bare minimum amount of clipping with wheels that are able to produce sufficient torques to stay detailed and strong..

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. Oh I have no need to. Atle Drier has already written very long explanations and tutorials explaining scientifically what clipping is, how to minimize it, how to use his App. It's all scientific talk.

At the end of the day, the user's choice does not have to be scientific. That is completely up to them how they want to run their FFB settings. But discussion of clipping and FFB certainly should be scientific. Not trying to put words in Atle's mouth here, but I am pretty sure he feels the same way, since he went through all the trouble of writing the Application and all the tutorials and explaining it all.

[​IMG]

sacredaardvark and Atle Dreier like this.
  4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

While clipping is very scientific, the AMOUNT of clipping that is acceptable is always up to the individual. Even on my current OSW wheel I must accept some clipping in some situations, unless I want to have forces that are unrealistically weak. That is a valid compromise, and a sensible one, from a scientific standpoint.

5. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

He means driving the Lotus 98T at over 280 kmh while cornering :D

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No, that's fine, it's basically only a very few classic cars at the Monza banking, if you enter at 320+kph... :p

Ok, it's pretty rare, but there IS clipping. Some of the peaks in AC is amazingly strong! In normal conditions you very rarely have clipping with 25Nm wheels.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I would never disagree there. If you're investigating something, then you should do it with the scientific approach.
    This is what I was after.
    Apart from that, I said that there is no need to be "overly scientific" about it. ;)

It's just that overall this is much less of an issue than many users of FFBClip claim.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

This, it's literally a torture and a real test of your physical stamina and your rig.:eek:
    Other than that I've never seen OSW clipping when I use my regular 40% in game gain.

9. Well, you may think I am being pedantic, but you said [my emphasis]:

You are talking about your choice, but then you say there isn't a reason to be scientific about the topic...

So I guess you meant something like "I don't think there is a reason to choose your FFB settings super scientifically. Try the Anticlipping app and, see how it feels. Then disable it and set some different settings you may want to try. Use the settings you liked best."

[​IMG]

For real though, a very high amount of clipping certainly isn't good. But I think the worst thing is, it seems there are a number of people who have no idea how to set up the FFB in general. They do not understand what does what in the settings, and they set up some crazy crap which results in a feeling far from reality.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sure, I'm all with you that clipping isn't the best thing and should be avoided, don't get me wrong. ;)

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

What's next, FOV talk?