1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Career mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Oct 16, 2014.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

The first few times with a slower car, after I rarely drove anything slower then a GT or 458, I kinda slept while driving the Fiat and Alfa, which caused me goin of track, even I archived a great new cockpitcam-behavior with realheadmotion and the g-force-settings. :D

If they don't recognise you they bump into you, if they do it depends on some factors if they try to pass you, bump you or are goin "Well Sir, I will give you another chance to proof yourself".

@ontopic

Moddability will for sure fix some contras and if the pits are integrated in SP and DLC and mod-tracks/cars will make it possible for big careers.
    Drivingtests or school would be really cool to learn to drive, like in the GTR-titles.
    And I personaly hope that one day a sim will include some management and inclusion of the things around the actual driving, like pit strategies, managing money and a staff, where you not only can fail on the track but outside of it, like running out of money, while for sure thats something not everyone enjoys and probably never gets included in racinggames cause its again a niche in a niche.

claudiopolez likes this.
  2. slugga10

slugga10 Rookie

yeah im having the exact same issue. cant see whats happening as im using a dk2, so no checkpoint gui.

3. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

Said it before too many times, to succeed in Time Attack you actually have to be slow and then make a consistent but steady increase in pace. If you go hotlap mode on the first lap then the game will expect you to go faster on the next and if you can't go faster you will fail. That's why you go slow and steadily increase, the game will give you more time then.

Slower drivers will beat fast drivers here if they don't know how it works.

4. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

if you put a rock in a box of diamonds your girlfriend will never believe that it is a diamond, then why should we believe that some special event put in the career section is really a career. ùsono arrived at intermediate 2 and the disappointment grows more and more, a whole section dedicated just to int.1 mclaren mercedes amg exclusively to the int2 modes are only 2 at least with the car could be varied a bit, I really hope that in sections forward there is a section with qualification and tournament style points on multiple tracks, for now between me and ia wins boredom. running at sunset is beautiful, that's a good thing I said.

5. i haven't had a problem taking gold on time attack yet - i don't "go slow" or anything - i just hot lap. For sure if you crash you will not make it - but thats how it should be.

6. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I don't mean to offend but as I said, the way it works the slower you are as a driver the easier it is. So it would kinda mean you're quite slow, the faster you drive the harder it becomes. In theory if you're a fast driver and you drive a fast first lap you will never make gold. Only slow drivers will do this, because they will drive slow enough for the game to give them more time. This is why I think Time Attack is bad, if you don't know how it works then you will have more success as a slower driver.

Infact this is how I worked it out, the more time I shaved off in the early Time Attacks the lower my score became because I was driving too fast, eventually the game makes it not possible to beat the timer. I made a thread about it months ago, Slow and Steady wins Time Attack.

victor86 likes this.
  7. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

What is a decent career mode? GT has exactly the same challenges with one massive difference being unlockable cars (and rubber band AI of course :D). Well and the driving license test which I do think would be great to have in AC. DO you want to unlock cars in AC?

8. They fixed it ... have you tried it since then? I used to not be able to make more than one or two laps several months ago. Specifically mentioned was removing the possibility of gaming the Time Attack by "going slow" on the outlap.

@Majnu - I certainly don't want locked cars and all that like Forza/Gran Turismo :)

9. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

It's not fixed.

I get that they are trying to reward drivers for going quicker and quicker, but it cripples you if you have a fast first lap.
    I can drive fast all the way and get bronze or silver on all the Timetrial campaign missions.
    But if I game it, and hang back from the checkpoints on the first couple of laps, then drive fast afterwards, I can pretty much guarantee gold everytime.
    Once you've learnt the trick, it becomes an easy cheap gimmick to exploit.
    Not sure what the solution is. Obviously you want to encourage slower drivers and let them know they are getting faster, but there must be a way to do it without penalising drivers who are already fast.

10. hmmm - you guys must be really fast - i'm fast enough to be in the top splits on iRacing in whatever series I run (not that I've been running any lately - i tried yesterday but quit early LOL) and finish at least in the top 10 (top 5 most of the time) - perhaps you would be considered aliens on iRacing?

11. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Anyone play GTR2? That simulation taught me how to trail brake with its career mode times that I needed to beat. AC career mode is very weak compared with that. A simulation made in 2006.

12. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I'm definitely no alien but I won a fair bit of cash when I was racing Simraceway and I've kept up with some of the GT Academy finalists in Gran Turismo, I did make a M3 GT2 guide to Imola (to help people get the achievment) last year that was pretty popular, I'm a decent driver. But this isn't an ego thing, it's just how it works. The change they made to stop you "gaming" Time Attack was to give you a penalty if you just decide to park your car on the side of the road. If you just drive around like my Grandmother and gradually increase pace with each lap then you will not only make gold but you will do it multiple times over.

If you drive a fast first lap then you will be very unlikely to make Gold. The system works by setting the amount of time you gain from a checkpoint based on your sector time, it will give you less time each time you pass through meaning that you need to keep improving to stay ahead. If you make a world record lap in your first lap then you need to go even faster on your second lap. Now the game also does not award many points for the first lap, something like 10% of what you get after lap 2. So again that further punishes you for doing a fast first lap, and since it gives you points based on how much you improved vs your previous lap you will infact get very little points even if you do beat that WR lap to beat the checkpoint timer.

Understand how it works? It scores you based on how much you improved vs your previous time, and it gives you bonus time based on your previous lap with a slower lap giving more time and a faster lap giving less time. It is designed around you driving as slow as possible while making steady improvements with each checkpoint, so driving fast is counterproductive.

13. Time Trial is one of my biggest complaints with the game. A pointless game mode that actually rewards being slow; I think; I go like (edit) and try to get faster every lap and usually only get bronze. But somewhere, there is probably people that somehow enjoy it. I just wish that you didn't need to do it to open the next set of events. I do look forward to seeing what kind of careers people come up with when they make their own.

14. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

guys guys guys, career mode is WIP, and just shows you what can be done, think of it as a template.

If time trail is daunting, why not replace it with your own event.

for example: Drifting, quick races from full blown racing with Practice, Qualifying, Race.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/career-lotus-exos-125.16207/

-----------------------------------------------------​

I would like some option`s to be added, like playing a Video and MP3, just to dress up the GUI.

Freeware version.....
    For example a Video playing a Short clip of the event, a capture coverage broadcast 1982 just to get around licensing.
    Each event could play a different clip, depending on the event.

Just to get you in the mood.

Eximo likes this.
  15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Driving school is desperately need in AC, that is for sure! GT had lots of really nice lessons and they really freshened gameplay up, provided variety- as well as taught you how to drive :)

16. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, it's amazing what you can do with 110+ staff and millions thrown at you from Sony.

Douglas Dejos likes this.
  17. Well sounds like you are borderline alien - if not alien - no one ever admits they are an alien :)

Question tho: how can you possibly not go a lot faster on the 2nd lap? The first lap, you start from a dead stop. Not understanding how you can do a world record lap the first lap. I always improve each lap (up to a point when things are optimal) - car is lighter (less fuel) - tires are warmer.

18. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

I was hoping Career mode was open world, and had guns.
    Like the GTA series..

19. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

My point was sectors, if you drove at full pace on the first lap then you're already at a big disadvantage and your second lap would have to be very very fast. If you drive a slow first lap then your second lap just needs to be a little faster. If you do it this way and get progressively faster you will end up with maybe 10000 points, if you drive fast from the start you would probably struggle to make 3000. Obviously you can't make a fastest lap from a standstill, but what I meant was driving at that pace.

I personally think Time Attack is bad because it does not reward fast driving, but instead rewards someone who starts slow and progressively improves.. But that means slowing down and driving 30mph past the check points. Old Arcade style Time Attacks that had checkpoints required you to drive fast to make the checkpoint and had static bonus times, so the faster the better.

20. baboon

baboon Alien

This so-called career mode is superweak, I find it totally uninspired. I think some AC customers might be a bit disappointed to see a supposedly big feature called "Career Mode" being just a crippled little thing contained of ultrashort races and timetrials (imo a pointless gamemode as it is now) which are not even connected in some way. Kunos passion for motorsports don't show in this mode, and good gamedesign doesn't show in this mode. Also QA doesn't show (not only) in this mode since at least one of the events (N4/7) isn't working as intended.