1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Career mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Oct 16, 2014.

1. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Aris already gave information about the current career mode. Why is everyone still bashing about it?
    There's more to come and the community can do there own careers if they think the original one lacks passion.
    A lot features that make a good career mode aren't there yet and most likely wan't come. But since there is much more to be expected from the career I'm looking forward to it.
    Since this is a simulation I think career mode is unnecessary, BUT the career is modable as everything else and this makes me even excited about this.

Sguby and jeanpicasso like this.
  2. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

That would be an entirely different kind of career :p:D

3. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I agree entirely. Career mode needs a story line where you start with a basic car and learn basic track techniques (driving lines, breaking points, corner apex, good throttle and breaking techniques). Then as you progress you move up to more powerful cars and learn the more strategic side of racing like pit strategy, fuel and tire management, balancing aero and suspension for different types of tracks, etc... I know it's still a WIP but I think at the moment they're heading in the entirely wrong direction. As it stands it's basically just a series of events with no rhyme or reason and have nothing at all to do with a racing career (especially considering this is supposed to be a racing simulator and not just another arcade title). My 2ยข worth anyways.

4. baboon

baboon Alien

There's a feature called "raceweekend" and with the flexible GUI you could do all kinds of cool stuff to connect events and create a better career experience. I can't follow that "it's a simulation so career mode is unnessary" logic tbh.

AC is not only a simulation, it's also a racing game. It's supposed to reach a much bigger audience than just hardcore simracers. That's why Kunos included features like Career Mode (and Driving Aids, Controller support etc.) in the first place.

Might be I missed something, what features aren't there yet? Afaik everything planned for 1.0 is in, isn't that what "feature complete" means?

5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

AGREE. Besides, AC isn't about career, it really is up to the responsibility of the gamer to determine how interesting the game is. Career is in all the games where the gamer expects to be led into goals created by the developer...Assetto Corsa is unique in that it's success depends on the creativity and goals of the gamer him/herself. We come from a racing game world overflowing with career modes and AC is a breath of fresh air.

6. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

Then if that's the case it needs to be renamed because right now it is not a "Career" in any sense of the word. Rename it as anything you please, but calling it a "Career" is very misleading. I'm not saying that there aren't people who will like or even prefer it to what other titles offer, but as it is stands it is not a career.

xSYOx likes this.
  7. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

Just look at GT5&6 career modes for example. It's really that much to ask for? :)
    could have the most poor FFB feeling but at least make justice with the "busy section" of the game~

8. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Interesting, you did the lessons in both GT 5 & 6 and yet still want more games to teach you how to drive?
    Doesn't that speak volumes about how good those lessons in GT actually are?

It's like having someone holding your hand from the side of the pool as you learn to swim.
    Sure, you can make it across the pool, but have you actually learnt to swim?

Kunos' approach is different - throw you in the deep end and tell you to get on with it.
    Some are going to drown, that's for sure, but not everyone can be a great sim driver. That's just life.
    Others though, will work it out, and before they know what's happening, they're swimming, all by themselves. :)

f1webberfan and BMASTER like this.
  9. some1pl

some1pl Alien

From a team of about 10 people total yes, it may be too much to ask for...

10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

It seems that these days people want more cut scenes. If speaking of holding hands.

11. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Personally I think it's more to do with the fact that they can beat the worlds best drivers in games like the Codemasters F1 series on medium settings, so surely they should be able to beat them in a Sim?

Sure, you can beat Hamilton in F12012. But do you REALLY think you'd stand even a ghost of a chance against him in the real thing?
    He'd be round to lap you before you'd even got round corner 2.
    Kunos are trying to make a Sim here. People need to get used to having their butts handed to them on a plate by decent AI.

It's not like you can go online and ask all the other players to slow down a bit for you. :)

Nazeem likes this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

I forgot to mention, the introduction texts into each series are nicely done. Also the descriptions of the events, telling little stories sometimes and giving tips how to get most out of the car on the given conditions are really well done and I enjoy reading them :)

f1webberfan likes this.
  13. I only played forza on consoles. This career mode is very similar to that minus the Google maps fly around, unlocks, and British sounding guy reading the text to u. I don't know about u but I'm not missing the extra fluff that I was always trying to skip.

14. JughedJones

JughedJones Gamer

I think this could all be rectified with some proper Race Weekends and unlockable skins thrown into the career mode.

Give it a sense of purpose and you're all good.

f1webberfan likes this.
  15. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

As has been explained by Kunos , it's just an example of what can be done with career mode.
    Modders are already making their own campaigns for people to play, and many more will follow.

But unlockables can F.O thanks. Driving and Racing fast IS it's own purpose.
    If people want nice "shiny" nick-nacks to collect, may I suggest CandyCrush? :p

Darren Ankney likes this.
  16. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I do not understand some people, obstinacy in front of 'evidence is embarrassing. There may be a career well done and made a bad, weak, no motivation to grow and again and again ... but we are not talking about this because the career is not even hinted at, not just put a little bit of special events a section called career and magically becomes really ... so please let's be serious ... then wait for the modders who make their career mode, perfect is always welcome the work of the talented modders, but ... it was really what we you expect? Of all the shortcomings of this game the lack of penalties called career and these special events are among the biggest disappointments, because it was really just enough to create something with a minimum of extra interest, instead you chose to do, it lacks the time? ok perfect can be combined with an apology to those who sustains you from the beginning and blindly bought your product and many would understand, instead we are talking about wonderful things, sensational and never seen before .... everything is tolerated out of respect for your work but a little bit of respect we think we deserve it.

17. JughedJones

JughedJones Gamer

Wanting some skins to unlock means I should play Candy Crush instead?

OK, Sport.

I just thought it would be fun to have a paint job or two to show off. You know 'real' racers like those too right? When they
    win championships or do 24 hours at LeMans, or get a great time at Nordsschlieffe... I'm pretty sure a lot of them
    put a cool decal on their car to brag about it.

Ask them if wanting 'shiny nick nacks' is stupid. Tell them to play Candy Crush because racing is its own purpose.

18. alex72

alex72 Alien

Could be fun but i doubt it will happen by Kunos. Possibly though modders can create career modes with this in mind and let you unlock different races where each have a certain livery (different sponsors). Like making 3xgold in previous races you can now choose either the same livery with the new set of races or another "team" with the same races but with the new livery.

Im sure this is possible since you can add what car/skin/track you can unlock. The only thing is that this would take more work. Possibly it can be copy/pasted (the whole career race) and then with another livery added plus set the config for having to earn more points before you can unlock it.

Go to the career folder and see how its done. People are already making new careers as Poet said, and there is nothing stopping you from making a career you would like. It just takes a bit of time. ;)

19. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Not possible atm. We can restrict series, but not events as far as I know. Also it's not possible to give the players a choice between to series, where he can't use the other one anymore.

20. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

You dont need 100 people to make a sim driving school, LFS was made by 2 people and it has a driving school. Did you even see my previous post?

victor86 likes this.