1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Career mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Bradbury

Bradbury Rookie

I see the career as more of a tutorial, as it is now. In terms of entertainment, the career is currently on the same level as Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. That was the last racing game I bought and I lasted a full 85 minutes before I almost got bored to death. Thankfully AC is just that much better i all other aspects.

2. demerzel

demerzel Racer

I like how the ai let you get the bronze or silver. XD Seriously. Yesterday i was unable to beat the abarth 500 first race. Today i'm easily beated. In the bmw races. All races was like the first to car skyrocket. the rest of the car slowed down. And you got the bronze. LoL. This career mode is broken. Btw i don't like the N2 series. Too much cars. But the N3 (ktm) is the best so far for me.

3. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

The career mode is too easy. Cars do not fight and overcome them is easy on the brakes.

4. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Would be awesome if we could include audio files like for example in forza. Where they introduce the car/track/series. So we could do our own introduction to the new car/track/season.
    Also I hope you give us the opportunity to unlock certain sliders, to show which cars are your opponents, to team up with an AI for a championships and to be able to choose the car for the event/championship/league or whatever you can think of.

Sguby and Zoppa90 like this.
  5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Unlockable skins could open an Entire world :
    Unlockable skins could mean start a season with some basic skin without no sponsor , and unlock the same base skin with some sponsors if you over some target center .

The " sponsorship -factor" could be an huge upgrade, but i think this means cold re-invent all career mode

6. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

I really hope that it is possibbile for modders to create a career altrnativa, it would be nice from his own team and make it grow over time with the races, or any thing that is somehow exciting to play and progress, as this is now I do not think you can call it career, it's just special events related in a way. no offense but I speak the truth when I say that Real Racing on my tablet has a career more exciting and damn care of this. If you think about it really, finally enough to add a little bit of interest in this mode, as someone said even unlock special skins or parts car for more stability or customization, like many other things now on AC even this is considered to be incomplete or made only because he had promised to do.

7. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Something I forgot, a description for the event and series.ini would be cool. Most of us don't know what specific values are for. For example groove.

8. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

One MASSIVE thing that is present in Gran Tourismo and is currently absent from Ac is the Licence Tests ( = Driving School). They teach how to drive, they focus on specific driving skills, they give and explanation and an example of how to do a specific task... This just begs to be implemented- AC already has youtube integration for example, so it could have a video of "how it is done" integrated into the menu with license test which would save Kunos the headache of rerecording the replay track every time the game becomes updated.

Getting golds/bronzes on specific driving school tasks is always fun for experienced drivers and novices. It makes the sim more varied- you are stimulated to improve very specific aspects of your driving, not to merely repeat your mistakes time and time again on timed laps and races.

For example here is the Live For Speed "drive through the cones" driving school task - its awesome! Really teaches you about smooth steering and careful throttle control:) AND its cheap and easy to implement.
    @5:24

Mike1304 likes this.
  9. Captain W

Captain W Gamer

same here. the only way to stop getting rammed off the track is to stay at back. going to watch a reply as I think my car is invisible as the AI keeps hitting it :)

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

for me it's the exact opposite, they are just scared of me

11. i'm not having such problems - you should maybe watch replay and see what you could have done differently. They may not get out of your way if you try to squeeze them off the track, or cut them off at the apex or so on. But then again, neither do humans all the time (see rosberg / hamilton @ spa this year).

12. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

My biggest issue with the Career is that it has Time Attack events, too many of them. The Time Attack events still work in a way that to get the highest score you must drive as slow as possible while still making the checkpoint. So what this means in reality is that you drive around to the checkpoint and then wait before crossing it, the faster you drive the harder it becomes. It's just a big waste of time.

More races and a Hotlap event instead of Time Trial would have been much better. I also find the game lacks a bit of atmosphere, music etc for a career to really work. It doesn't feel like a Career mode in a racing game but just a series of events laid out in a progression that become more of a chore than an adventure. If you look at Gran Turismo they have this exact problem lately and many people complain about it, the career mode itself is just a set of basic events to grind through, but the sheer amount of content, features, special events and the music/atmosphere/production in that game are what hold it up.

I've been playing AC for a year now so I love it anyway, the game is by far my favourite simulation. But as a Career mode racing game it does lack the flair and the production that would get you excited.

Lawndart and Gisli A Bogason like this.
  13. I was initially put out by the short races. Oh sure they can be won but to do so you need to be super aggressive and pass everything on the 1st corner. THEN I realized the event.ini files can be edited. So bumped the laps of the 1st event up to 15 (don't go too long or the AI runs out of fuel and retires). I also noticed the AI value can be changed, the default is 90, revise it to maximize your entertainment experience.

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Something is seriously wrong with my time attack in career mode...
    I get Golds in the racing but the time attack I'm either really really bad or it counts down too quickly... anyone else have this?:eek:

15. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Also, don't forget to check your fuel. ;)

30 litres for a 3 lap race? I cut that right down and took the field nicely without any shady first corner shenanigans. :)

---

But yes, the way Time Attack works could do with looking at.
    I get that more points are awarded for going faster each lap, BUT....
    If you restart the event a few times, then you're going to be pretty quick first lap anyway, which then penalises the rest of the laps, meaning that it DISCOURAGES learning the track properly over a few attempts.

Would it be better with just a fixed time to make each gate, and points awarded for how much time you have left on the clock when you hit them?

Bradbury likes this.
  16. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Yup bought the game based on career mode as I don't like multiplayer and it's definitely no gran turismo or forza. Very disappointed.

I hope gaming reviewers pick up on this and score the game accordingly.

17. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

LOL, the simcore think it's too Forza/GT. You just can't please people.

Sorry you feel that way bud, but most reviewers will review it as a Racing Sim and view the career as an added bonus, a "nice to have" rather than the core component.
    It's pretty obvious which upcoming PC title is aiming at the Forza/GT crowd, and it's not AC.

BMASTER likes this.
  18. Majnu

Majnu Racer

Why can't we have a decent career mode with the excellent handling characteristics that AC offers? The Simcore cliche is getting kinda old now. This is not 2007. Is a "Racing Sim" meant to be exclusively On-Line only?

Gisli A Bogason and Bigbazz like this.
  19. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

meh

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Mario Sommer likes this.
  20. demerzel

demerzel Racer

I can get now gold in time attack. And i don't have to do tricks. Like slow first lap. I just go as fast as i can. And i get my gold. Sometimes i have to try again because i go off the road. :D