1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

the only way I got DR to feel ok in the ffb dept, is to enable damper in my wheel. You still can get away with a lot in the cars in DR, its possibly the best sim rally title we have, apart from RBR, which imo was too hardcore for its own good.

Robin_NL likes this.
  2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I have driven a rally spec STI like the one in the game on gravel, and it doesn't feel a million miles off you be surprised how much grip a well tuned rally car (not your shopping car at a field!) actually has. Difference i would say between life and game, is how much your chucked about in your harness and the rush on your senses you have to cope with while driving! Not just sitting at a desk! RBR is harder than real life and I'm not joking. I did a rallytrack day at Bill gwynns rally experience, in the yellow Scooby.
    http://www.billgwynne.com/

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I know what you mean about getting "chucked about" from some Auto-Cross experience; there's so much feedback missing from simulation that's difficult to account for through limited devices.

MsportDAN likes this.
  4. The best what could happen to this game - I'm using RSRBR complete mod which is using NGP physics for some cars. It shines... perfect experience - most realistic physic ever in sim industry (IMHO)

5. Try NGP - vanilla RBR is piece of junk in comparison with this physic - weight, transfer, grip - everything is like in real car

MsportDAN likes this.
  6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

#MotionRigFeelingInDirt
    #TunedUpProfile=HangOn
    #DiyGearMotorsFTW

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. Managed to set up Dirt Rally to an enjoyable state with my Rift finally (FFB, wheel rotation, performance), but one thing still bugs me. Everything seems to small, world scale seems to be off. Is there any way to tinker with the world scale, like you can do it in every other sim? Help would be much appreciated...

8. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

paul_wev likes this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

tbh i preferred vanilla physics to NGP. I found Vanilla much easier to control.

RE: dirt mod, is that all cars, and do they actually have weight to the cars now?

11. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

For RBR i suggest you to try the "Real Rally mod" (Italian mod) which is one of the most recent and in continuous development .. 2018 version will come in a few days .. this mod use the "real" Physics and some cars with the "NGP" physics.
    For dirt rally, yes all cars are modified.. all the cars have much more weight ( including weight for driver, co-pilot and fuel ) like RBR and much more..on racedepartement you can find the complete list of changes (-;
    This is the change made for last version 0.8
    -Incremental increases to yaw and pitch inertia, more pronounced weight transfer, reworked values to compensate for driver and copilot weight. Used real vehicles for reference as much as I could find, as well as an inertia calculator for rfactor2.

Increasing the yaw inertia proportional to driver and copilot,
    added weight makes cars behave better over jumps, cars were already more planted before but this update makes Finland a lot more drivable. Also, with the increased inertia it is harder to recover a landing from a really high jump.

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

sounds great. Tarmac physics have always been an issue in DR, have these been improved. I know your file doesn't effect ffb, so just wondering if the light tarmac feeling is still there? (with youe weight improvements!). But great work my friend!

13. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

News for RBR:
    -RealRally 2018
    EXIT January 15th 2018
    -New real car physics: engine data, gear ratios, torque, measurements, weight, shock absorbers, differentials, ramps, springs, bars and everything related to the set-up for over 200 cars.
    -New cars
    -New PS
    -New sounds
    -New physics for wet tires
    -New physics for RWD cars
    -And more(-;

14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

where can i get that from tomorrow?

15. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes tarmac has improved so much, this mod doesnt affect FFB but RFPE have some files that change FFB, i have not installed these ffb files so my ffb is like vanilla...aniway im not the creator of this mod, creator is ( exbagboy ). Try it , installation is simple and if you dont like it, you can delete it(-;

MsportDAN likes this.
  16. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

MsportDAN likes this.
  17. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

at the bottom of the page you can change the language(-;

MsportDAN likes this.
  18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i prefer this mod over the original RPFE mod, but due to the crap FFB in DR i simply cant play it. I much prefer WRC 7 ffb and physics. They are a lot more believable.! Good attempt vo guys.

19. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but crap ffb and dirt rally in the same sentence it sounds strange to me..what wheel do you have and what settings you run? I have a very good ffb with dirt rally and my T500 RS(-;
    Sorry i have noticed now your signature.. tell me all your settings please, maybe i can help you.
    Plus wrc7 physics is not even comparable with dirt rally vanilla, so with rfpe or rfpe + this mod is even better..is not my opinion but is a fact.. i have try wrc7 and i have request a refund after 1 hours of multiple testing, if a "game" makes it possible to drive a car at 200 kmh and if i hit the brakes strongly and not even happens a slight locking of the wheels, is not even a "sim-cade" but its an arcade game with a little bit more difficulties.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    paul_wev likes this.
  20. It is very bad and inconsistant for me too. I always have troubles to get good balance between weight vs. SAT. When you finally find a good balance you change the car or country and it's all fu*ked up again.

MsportDAN likes this.