1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is because of post like this that I tried and tried RF2, every time thinking I must be doing something wrong, as if there is something out there even better than what I am enjoying so much in AC, I want it. So I am sincerely glad for you, you found a SIM that makes you happy, the one that makes me happy is AC.
    Here is hoping we all find the one!

dajdosta, mms and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  2. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

Join a league,take the whole course,run a full championship with all the whistles,practice,qually and race with rules,weather everything that the sim gives.
    The way you try it for a while and offline you are missing all the experience!Rf2 comes alive online,give some time and you will be amazed!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mad_dog likes this.
  3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

A little bit off topic, but talking about rFactor Pro, anyone knows in which measure F1 teams and car manufacturers uses professional simulators as they are out of the box, or (more probable) they are using tracks and graphical engines, but running their proprietary physic engines alongside tyre data?

4. most of them (depending on the budget obviously) only run "game" engine as (what they call) "IG".. Image Generators and use their own physical models to drive the camera and object positions of these "Image Generators". This is not necessarily because their models are better but because their models are part of complete integrated system that span from the pure simulation to "hardware in the loop" (ie. running the sim with the real hardware such as engine/drivetrain/suspension controllers) to the CAD containing the car's 3D model that feeds a CFD evaluator and so on.

The "game engines" can also be used for things like sound and collision detection with the road (this is pretty rare tho). The most important feature to succeed in the business is being as "modular" and flexible as possible to allow interactions from other software.. the sim has to sit and work with an entire software ecosystem.

Dookie, Nmoleiro, manc0ntr0 and 8 others like this.
  5. I swear rF2 must be so broken it gives a different game to everyone because I cant feel any of this, at all.

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Maybe you can help me out. I try out rF2 every few months to see if it's become something I enjoy. I was just trying out rF2 for about an hour or two to try and dial in my new steering wheel. I got it to a point where the cars that I tried (the rF2 stock Formula 2 and the ASR Ferrari 412T2) felt good on the road. I was able to feel the grip way better that before, but there are two things that make it undriveable for me: I don't feel weight shifts and rumble strips kill my wheel.

The missing weight shift makes it hard for me to tell when the back end steps out, and I wasn't able to catch the cars at all. Granted, those two aren't the easiest of cars to drive but in AC they pose less of a challenge to me. I also feel the weight shifts clearly in AC, AMS and R3E on any car. The weight of the steering wheel stays constant and suddenly I'm looking backwards. Is there anything I'm missing in my settings, or is that purely a case of getting used to it? For the insiders I should mention that I'm not using BitDefender ;)

Also, is there a way to reduce the rumble strips? On Interlagos there are a few of those, and the wheel just goes crazy. Note that I don't talk about the normal kerbs, those are fine, but really the rumble strips eg on the left side after bend 6/7 and on the right just before bend 13. Canned effecst are set to 0 in the controller.json file, and I loaded the CSL Elite PS4 profile and set my buttons from there. Filtering is set to 4 by standard. If I go high enough with filtering to tune out the rumble strips, I lose all detail regarding road surface.

Lastly, from the stock content, what is the car & track combo you would recommend to show off rF2 to someone sceptical? Purely on driving, FFB and roadfeel, disregarding AI and other features.

Thank you!

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Someone posted this comment on reddit:
    This is one of the reasons that I haven't really given RF2 a serious try. To get prepared for an event and become competitive there is usually way too much stuff to do for RF2, and sometimes it is still not enough. To make things worse, I've had at least 4 times that I spent huge amount of time getting prepared for RD club race/R2P league race, but nobody showed up for the event in the end, which is extremely frustrating.

Unfortunately I can no longer invest huge amount of time in sim racing like before due to life, job, and other responsibilities, so AC becomes my main sim because I can easily find a race online, or enjoy some track day server experience. Maybe people who can still be dedicated to leagues will have much better experience than I do with RF2.

8. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the exhaustive reply. :)

9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

@Gevatter
    Considering that you have a consumer wheel I suggest to make sure that Caster is set between range 6-7 angle (on most cars, with some I add even more i.e. indy car). Higher values gives you more steering aligning force, hence more feel of the car direction, but it kills some other details coming from the tires so you have to find you suitable value/compromise.
    With some cars you can adjust Caster in car setup (while on track) and with some you have to set in "Tuning" window which you get when choosing the car in game menus, only few cars has this setting.
    For example Formula 2 has Caster set to - 2 which is very low and you will barely have any aligning force, you can set it to 6 in "Tuning".
    Cars which you could try: USF2000, Nissan GTR 2011, Corvette C6RGT2 2009.

10. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

Also try all the historics+LolaT70+T280,also Apex mod,new Maclaren 650s,Megane trophy and of course Skip Barber!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mad_dog likes this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Those are nice cars but might be a bit too big list for the start (trying to get a grip of the RF2 FFB/handling) although Megane Trophy and Mclaren 650s are still very good options for the start.
    Cars that haven't got tire model updates might feel a bit unforgiving and a bit lacking in terms of FFB details ( i.e. not the best you can get out of RF2).:)

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

The new mclaren is very floaty and i've just found out that's because of a messed up value put in by the team that made the physics (do not take this out of context, i have no idea why that single value is wrong like that). Can't say anything else but my advice is: don't judge rf2 with the 650s. That's all.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    mad_dog likes this.
  13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

More info please.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dookie likes this.
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@unknwn Thank you for your suggestions. I tend to forget about caster as we don't have it in AC. I'll give it a shot!

mad_dog likes this.
  15. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

For information...if the caster is high then the wheel is heavy.
    You can feel this in FFB.
    Give a try.

16. chakko

chakko Alien

All i can say is that the USF2000 feels superb, and driving in the rain is a lot of fun in rF2... it's almost entirely a hotlap sim for me though, as there's not much going on online.

mad_dog likes this.
  17. LilSki

LilSki Alien

The lack of thermomechanical mentions in this thread is saddening...

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You mean dont judge it by its latest paid official content lol. The rest of the official content is no better at least not the few cars I tried. I wouldnt base my judgement on mod content either but would expect all official content to be what you would base judgement on especially the latest. :rolleyes:

RF2 was left unfinished, new guys have taken over after original owners abandoned ship.

[​IMG]

I wonder what people are supposed to make their judgements on if the game is any better. I personally was over it years ago, had to buy it again to try it as I never had a steam key but was in the bargain barrel at about $15 on steam (the gt3 pack was about the same price as the base game) so figured why not. Cant see me using it much more still but will at least be able to try it once its supposedly gone gold a second time.

[​IMG]

I wonder if the horse stands up to the latest flogging or will it be given an honourable funeral. Maybe some bugger will just keep beating it forever or maybe it will come back as the unicorn many visualize it as already.

[​IMG]

19. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

Clever guys abandon ship and get ..rich...;)

20. I don't expect much changes because the McLaren hovers like pretty much all cars tend to do in rF2. That car didn't surprised me at all. ISI engines have some positives and negatives and right now I'm having a hard time to force myself to be excited about S397 content. I think there's nothing spectacular and every released content so far has been more or less buggy/unfinished.

My rF2 history has been pretty similar to @Cote Dazur but I've been running the same circle since the 1st day the Beta was released. So long that I've managed fiddle with low-, mid-, and high-end gear but always had the same results. At first I liked the game because there were no true options but these days I can find my enjoynment elsewhere. Maybe if I would put hundreds of hours into it I would change my mind but there's no way for me to join any league if I can't find the driving exciting. I'm driving sims because I love to drive (both sims and real cars) and not because of competition.

nate likes this.