1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

This is something electronically controlled in modern hybrid F1 cars (and simulated in AC with SF15-T engine brake setting) but back in early 90's Michael Schumacher did it manually, applying some throttle on coast both on braking and at corner entry.
    Was it his magic bullet? Of course no (otherwise Barrichello would immediately have used it too), it was a part of his superior driving skills, but eventually, depending on driving style, this particular technique can give better consistency in corner entry speed.

2. Hany

Hany Alien

Its all about the balance. High vs low wing is not big topspeed wise but the balance is big.

To make low wing work u have to make the setup understeery and turn off traction control to get that extra rotation mid corner.

High wing requires a more oversteery setup but also the use of tc to manage the traction in the exits.

Yes the deltas for the sectors where a bit different but the overall laptime was the same. Its was all about what balance u prefer.

Actually for me the way of setuping works very similar in ac and rf2 but of course both sims do some things differently.

Also the mclaren will get an update for the tires after the wfg competition (thats what I heard) so dont judge the whole sim over 1 car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

3. Hany

Hany Alien

It was a bug when watching a replay from the nordschleife endurance layout. Not sure if its already fixed. Check it out.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok thanks. Already knew these principles regarding setups but it's nice to confirm this from a really fast driver like you.
    Also really interesting what you said about tyres. Many friends including me thinking that McLaren has tyres that are more to the forgiving side. Compare them to AC's version or even with ISI's cars like the corvette or the Nissan the difference is really profound. I was unable to throw around these cars the same way and without any consequences. Of course I am way much off pace but still I had the impression that tyres should be more edgy. Maybe it is decided to be that way in order to attract more people as a friend of mine claims?
    Let's see. Thanks again

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

marmagas likes this.
  5. Hany

Hany Alien

I think incomplete data is the issue of the current tires of the mclaren hence why an update will follow. You are right about isi cars vs the mclaren. The tires provide grip way past the max slip angle which shouldnt be like this. The camaro gt3 tires from isi are different and need high level tire management to keep them fresh.

Lets wait and see how the car will be after the tire update (If it ever will come)

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think the overlap etc is not an exploit, but IMHO I think RF2 lets you downshift much more aggressively then you could in most real cars. There is also shift protection in AC and most real cars for a reason, those that don't have protection usually destroy gearboxes with too much abuse. I think AC had shift protection over the top in earlier builds but seems more believable in the latest builds. Because RF2 lets you slam gears more it then means there is a bigger gain to use throttle as an active brake bias to reduce compression locking. Obviously auto blip does this to a point as do we with manual blip be it heel toe or two footed rf blip on downshifts, in RF2 for example in the 650s you can shift much harsher then the auto blip will assist you which is why you can go harder and holding throttle into braking can reduce the rear brake torque to make it more driveable. Now the thing is your also likely just minimizing the effect of engine braking so net result may be much the same except you can get into lower gears earlier to then use some rear compression to help turn the car in closer to the apex, without needing to worry about a very late downshift unsettling the car4. If you don't take this earlier shift advantage you need to hold the shifts back a bit more and do some deeper into turn in, which unsettles the car more needing a slower entry speed. I could be completely wrong but not getting damage or miss shifting down at too high rpm, the car accepting these shifts can be a significant advantage if understand how you can use it.

Im sure there is quite a bit of overlap going on in gt3 with many drivers especially in qualy, unlikely to be so much in race if they need to try to save some fuel rather then go a couple tenths quicker per lap if it means they can save a stop or 2 over the race distance with longer mileage. It would be cool if someone here could provide a full laps telemetry from a top gt3 driver or any other real open wheel team. The best way to learn to improve technique is comparing your data to other drivers and if we could see some real world data I think it would be pretty cool. ;)

This is quite common in most of the better sims and also in real racing, many tracks like Spa/Nords for example can run very different setups for much the same time. Many times at Spa there have been teams that split their strategy on setup, one going much lower aero then the other. Also the front running teams expecting to be out front may run a bit more aero for ultimate pace which can make them struggle when out of position in a race to pass anyone. In a longer run one method may get worse over the run but also choosing a setup that is more likely to make passes in rather then ultimate lap time can help in a race. Being real quick in corners but slower down the straights may make you vulnerable to lower aero cars and also make it very hard to pass cars that will pull away from you even if you get the better exit.

7. Back in the days when I used to race in FSR, those who used thottle under braking (like me) were quite penalized in terms of brake wear compared to other people who didn't. I remember having to use much higher brake duct settings to compensate, so it's not something that you can abuse like you think (we used rF1, but I believe it's the same in rF2 since the code for brakes is the same). The trick was to make everything possible to have good rotation coming off the brakes in "normal" corners, but then you had to apply a bit of throttle in long braking areas to stabilize the rear. That is the difference comparing to RL in my opinion, in sims we try to get the maximum out of the car, even if we compromise stability, because we can do 500 laps and get used to it, something you can't do IRL.

8. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I didn't realize Rfactor 2 was this interesting.
    I'll have to give it another look. ;)

9. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

rF2 my friend is the Benchmark...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

10. You've said this multiple times without a single fact as to why.

IMO rf2 is an incomplete mess of a sim.

tkaczorek69, jim jones, miky and 2 others like this.
  11. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

Oh...hallo Michael !

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

bench·mark
    noun: benchmark; plural noun: benchmarks
    1. a standard or point of reference against which things may be compared or assessed
    So yes, my "friend", an unfinished , perpetual beta, very uneven SIM like RF2 could be use as a benchmark, like any other game or SIM and AC could be said superior on those 3 points to RF2.
    You could even use RF2 as a reference, it would still not make it superior to anything else.
    You like it, good for you, but you need to understand that we have tried it, and tried it, and tried it, it as been there long enough and still for most of us here at the AC forum, we prefer AC to RF2 and find AC more simulating as a race and driving simulator. All the advance tyre calculation and road feel theory in the world will not change that. If the direction RF2 is going to are to be judge by its 2 latest addition, the Radical and the McLaren, then our favorite SIM, AC, will stay our favorite for a long, long time.:D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

This is your opinion my friend...

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

One small task for you:
    Take the AC Cobra (no, not referred to Assetto Corsa, I think you know that;)) out at Longford in both Assetto and Race Factor 2 and tell me what you think...

15. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Look, most of us are glad there is a Rf2 warrior that came here to challenge the views and misconceptions that might popup here.

But when you post empty crap like that you only look like a blind religious ****. You're not helping RF2, even if you think you are. Bring something of value.

16. mad_dog

mad_dog Rookie

Hallo PhilS13...

17. chakko

chakko Alien

TBH, there is a point to that... the actual condition is a bit shocking considering it was released in 2013. It still feels very, very unfinished.

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Don't troll, answer my question. Friend.

19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

A peak of 90 active drivers for the competition at Silverstone ?

And then a peak of 45 for Zandvoort ?