1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. and turn off effects? 0% are not on default config
    [​IMG]

if you want to get the original just load the Default configuration

2. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Agree with @Kunos ^^

Whats your opinion on correct FOV Stefano? I've never heard you mention it and I seem to remember your streams just being default

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Seems like default is optimized for low-mid range consumer wheels. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with initial default settings.
    upload_2018-1-7_15-43-22.png

4. He's a default guy for everything I guess, he's not a "simracer", like we are, and try to put the monitor close enough to match the fov, etc.
    The other devs are more into racing and probably touch more settings

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I bet he had a language barrier issue. He is a nice guy.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dewald Nel and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

"THE guy" definitely is not bad with technology.... He has crafted some next level sim cockpit, and was about to really kick start the project, talked about business meetings and so on. At least I was told so. Is he bad with words ? For sure :D

I totaly believe him. I'm not even being ironic or sarcastic now. rly

The guy is next level, best wishes for him.

I met a lot of people in my life, I knew some like him. Some can be nice, and still be impossible to get along with. Its magic, it is fantasy. It is nice to be polite with them, but not forever. Time comes to be real.

Speaking of FFB and cannoned effects... Both games has nice FFB IMO. I only think that rF2 tracks might be more rough. Not saying that it is good or bad thing. Also body roll is somehow more pronounced. I keep forgetting to uncheck lock to horizon in AC, but I think there isn't such swinging feel. However, that is not FFB related.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Haha, not only that any thread can easily become a FFB thread, now you try to open the next simracing minefield :D

8. I find consistency more important than the actual value. We're trying to teach our brain what a 70m radius corner looks like in the game.. we had our entire life to teach ourselves how that looks like in RL, we need consistency to learn that in game.
    On a single screen it's going to be a tradeoff between something closer to RL and something usable. I use the default because that's what we use to test, if it was for me I would go down a little bit, but not that much, nothing close to the "realistic" value anyway.. I'd say if realistic FOV is important for you, get into VR, that's the real answer.

coret3x, mms, Mike Kadlcak and 9 others like this.
  9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

or try the not so expensive version of vr (discovered it some weeks ago) ;)
    27"monitor, ~70cm distance, fov 20! - yes its kinda extreme
    in most cars i see nearly only track, the beauty of the dashboard is gone, but elevation, corner radius, apex - can see much more than before. immersion on a new level.

vr is the next step, but if i tell my wife atm i need >1k€ for my new hobby...emm.....nope!

Ace Pumpkin and liakjim like this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Realistic FOV is for trains :D

Seat position also matters a lot. I always move it back as much as possible. Good way to win more peripheral vision, without stretching the FOV. I don't understand how some are driving with almost no peripheral vision, must be very smooth drivers.

Visual feedback matters a lot, so better have plenty of it.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Heliocorsa & realistic FOV ftw.
    All becomes so natural after a while.

12. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Thanks a lot for sharing your insight Stefano.

Currently what I use too, my 24" screen is on a swingarm from Amazon so when I pull my wheelstand up to my desk I pull the screen forwards on the arm and it sits right behind my wheel, currently use 33v FOV + Helicorsa and have been for months. Wish I had VR but yeah it's expensive

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It does not have to be expensive, I bought a second hand DK2 in August 2016, it did not cost me much, runs well on my PC with AC. I am using it all the time, best little money I have ever spent for my rig. It is a game changer.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Stefano I have played AC for more than 2000 hours now, the first 1900+ using the default FOV. A few months ago my old 22" display died, so I got a cheap 21:9 display. Wow some lateral view! Then In November I tried a VR headset, and it felt weird: everything looked so big and so close in VR. I went back to my 21:9 display, calculated the realistic FOV (23!) then raised it to 30 just for a bit more.. room. Using the AC app I just moved the seat position a bit farther to see more of the cockpit, that's all. After a couple of days of getting used to it, AC is now like a new sim for me, double the fun. Really, FOV is SO important! Basically the more you get closer to a real FOV, the more the sim feels real. And I mean that when you take a corner or brake before a hill things go the way you expect them to go in real life, you do not need to re-learn how to drive!
    High FOV is like driving with distortion lenses. We strive for realism, we want this and that, laser-scanned stuff and the such, and then we drive looking through a wideangle lens? I don't understand how people are so crazy about having more lateral view when the most important view is the view of what is in front of you. Really, my 1900+ hours with standard FOV disappear in front of my less than 100 hours with realistic FOV. It's not about being faster, because yes you can get used to any FOV with practice. It's about being consistent and more importantly enjoying driving much more, especially in AC where road cars are so good and you can really enjoy them both on track and on some great road track mods.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    LeDude83 and sissydriver like this.
  15. [​IMG]

:p

16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Another one? "Una e' troppa e due sono poche.." ok.

mms, Cote Dazur and stefanoCasillo like this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

I doubt that, really, English is his native language, and Stefano's English skills are excellent. And yes, he seems to be a nice guy, but somehow the way he expresses himself sometimes does not show that very well...

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I can assure you that it's just being taken the wrong way.

19. mms

mms Alien

You seem to know him very well then ;)

BrandonW77 likes this.
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Forgot RHM with look at apex. 42" monitor helps too :)