1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Stefano and I have often not seen eye to eye in the forum discussions but, I have no doubt I would like him very much in person. We have the advantage of having have seen him interact in various ways and mediums over the years and can just tell that he's a good guy. :)

2. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

I cant stand Look to apex for some reason, it feels disconnected because my head isn't moving IRL. I look to apex myself when I tried VR and it felt fine, something about the disconnect on a monitor automating it upsets my car control lol

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Race 07 had look to apex which I used. When AC came along it was one thing that I missed and it took a long time to get used to not having it. I did try RHM but I couldn't get it right and gave up on it pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We are getting used to everything, I was in the same boat, feeling disoriented at first. Now cannot imagine driving without the feature, properly set (not overdone) it's invaluable and feels very natural esp. if you have somewhat realistic FOV , without one I feel like horse with blinkers.
    Everything is a compromise in this life.

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Personally I have to set all head movements to 0 or I can't even drive straight, luckily games offer a variety of options for different people.

Whitestar, Hagen, Nick Moxley and 4 others like this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yep, I was driving in AMS yesterday and couldn't understand why it was uncomfortable for me; I discovered that the Lock-to-Horizon was enabled at 50% recently through an update. Set to zero, all better. :)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

RHM for filtering vibrations because vision of eyes welded to the car body can be distracting/tiring with stiff cars on a bumpy road (and not realistic).

aphidgod likes this.
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, I use RHM in AC and I did in AMS but, I think the new native version in AMS works well too. It may still be active in rF2 but, I know there was one setting (lateral?) I had to disable in rF2-VR because that was instantly bad.

9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I kind of like default AMS camera, but I absolutely cant stand camera roll when cornering therefore disable it.
    RHM for RF2 doesn't seem to work as good as in AC - doesn't filter micro vibrations.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I am getting used to the LookToApex function just recently. First kilometers I was in big trouble when the back stood out even slightly. Now a few days later I would not miss it anymore. I have dialed it in in all my sims now. Most impressive in ETS 2. :D

11. Every movements at zero here too. Triples wouldn't be a bad thing to have tho but eh, that'd be 1k I don't shove into the race car, therefore that'd be unacceptable :D

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

My RHM settings for single monitor if anyone interested.
    upload_2018-1-8_17-43-2.png

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. konnos

konnos Simracer

Nothing wrong with that! :)

Sorry I had to, it's my nature!

aphidgod, Dewald Nel and Jebus like this.
  14. "realistic" values are so unrealistic that it looks even funny... but default for me is little too high for single 21/9 monitor. Sth beetween 40-45 seems natural for me

15. After clean W10 installation without Comodo, FFB is different in my case. Maybe because of sandboxing Logittech Profiler by Comodo. I was always giving it to exceptions, but now it's much better...

16. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

I think he took this posting a bit to serious poor guy

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

In sim only thing that gives feedback from the yaw acceleration of the car is the visual feedback of moving horizon. That's why big no to any look to apex functions there are.

LeDude83, Hagen, Fat Rich and 3 others like this.
  18. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

While Cote Dazur and Lord Kunos have equal amount of letters in the same 4+5 pattern, I am reasonably confident that they are not the same person. :)

nate likes this.
  19. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer