1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do Super-Cars Really Understeer This Much?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guybrush Threepwood, Nov 21, 2013.

1. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

2. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

Hmm... Could be that I open throttle too much now too early since it's more linear.

3. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

We could ask him...

:D

Sakai, Jose Maria and The Moose like this.
  4. M.März

M.März Gamer

Hm, the airbag is blocking most of the view, but looks like he is trying to regain grip all the way downwards:confused:

5. Si3v

Si3v Graphic Lead Artist Staff Member KS Dev Team

He used the most difficult technique to turn understeer into neutral: THE ROLLING RESISTANCE.

Shaddix, AC Support and deak1944 like this.
  6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Anything mid-engined seems understeery, bmw's are fine though.

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Humm, from the opinions i've read so far, i'm wondering if some opinions around here aren't coming from guys used to play Gran Turismo or Forza arcadish games. One problem in AC is the lack of speed sensation, that's a fact, but the behaviour of road cars it's just like Kunos made it, cars are mostly understeery, it doesn't matter if it's a Ferrari or a VW, otherwise you'll have lots of deaths on our street roads everyday...

UOPshadow likes this.
  8. wdowa94

wdowa94 Rookie

Configure your FOV, adjust seat camera- That's the way to sense of speed...

zeroundersteer and cc570 like this.
  9. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

Back then when the Audi TT was released several of its drivers died in the car, because it naturally oversteered. It was a big scandal in Germany, because the owners could often times not cope with this and produced horrible and deadly crashes.

I have never driven a Supercar, but I highly doubt that these cars are not understeery. It is a safety measure.

Mogster likes this.
  10. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

I have to point out to this discussion that I wasn't concerned about the actual understeer that's quite normal. The sudden increase in understeer was what puzzled me but the throttle map change was probably the cause and not adjusting to it properly.

Since I didn't have any previous data to look at from previous laps (and no actual feel of the car) got me wondering what was going on. Even if I had telemetry from the previous runs I probably wouldn't use it that much. Although it's quite interesting at times.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    UOPshadow likes this.
  11. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

In F458 case, I feel strangely disconnected to the car. It is just not possible to "steer it with throttle". I cannot induce lift-off oversteer no matter what I try (TC, ABS off). Terrible off throttle mid corner understeer especially in long turns seems to be ever-present in F458 case. The sense of dullness of the car took me to the point where I'm not driving the car any more. It feels like 20 tons bus more than a supercar. If IRL car had this characteristics, I reckon 70 % owners would be dead by 1st month. McLaren and Zonda (ATM the most comparable in-game cars to the Italia) feel just fine, not to mention lovely and characteristics of M3 GT2.

Remember: "Oversteer is when the passenger is scared. Understeer is when the driver is."

12. Rui Santos

Lol, you don't know what you're talking about, that's clear, you make ridiculous statements and comparisons...

The Moose likes this.
  13. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

Whereas you had offered plenty of logical arguments...

14. Rui Santos

I won't even lose my time with you, merry Christmas...

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think what he was trying to say was you can't compare the Zonda or M3 GT2 with the 458. Very different cars.

16. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

I haven't compared it to GT2 (ofc the race car is something completely different), just to McL and Zonda which are in current AC release closest to F458 (what else would you like to compare it to, hm?).

I don't know what the guy's problem is otherwise and I don't get his attitude. I was lucky enough to try 3 laps with the F430 Stradale on semi-slicks at Most circuit IRL so I have at least some comparison unlike Mr. Nobody shouting around on the forum. The car felt so much different, you could control it so well just with the throttle. In game 458 doesn't do anything upon lift-off and it pushes you out mid-corner like crazy. It feels disconnected and sluggish as if the steering is made of cheese. Other cars are just fine, even stock M3 feels much more alive than F458 which is supposed to be the supercar.

17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I can't say I've had the same issue as you regarding the 458. It does feel very much 'alive' to me and it's one of the most enjoyable cars to drive IMO. I really didn't like the MP4 when it was first released (understeer etc) but I soon got the hang of it and love that too!
    The mistake I made (possibly the same as you?) was jumping from one car to another and using the same racing lines and braking points and completely failing on every corner. I takes me a few laps to 'tune in' to every car's quirks whether or not I've driven them before.

The Moose and Rui Santos like this.
  18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

The mistake I made (possibly the same as you?) was jumping from one car to another and using the same racing lines and braking points and completely failing on every corner.

is 90% of peoples problems on here.

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

I have to agree on some points made by pablos16. The understeer in 458 is quite heavy compared to the stock M3 imho. Gut feeling is that something in the differential is on "Snow setup" since the car doesn't seem to want to rotate at all with full throttle, unless you provoke it heavily and then things get messy fast. This is just guessing though, could be tire model, could be suspension, or something else.

ofc it's lack of driver skill even if there was something wrong. Fast drivers are fast even if the car isn't that good.

20. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

Trust me I took my time with 458 (and I'm used to do plenty of laps in training because of my 6 yrs sim-racing league experience in rF1). I've also tried some setup changes but it couldn't change the overall sluggish feeling of the car.

With McL on the other hand, I have no issues at all. The car (when you get use to it) handles great, you can feel the weight shifts, it responds well and swift both to steering and throttle inputs. For me it's night and day between McL and Ferrari. 458 is really the only car in AC I'm not happy with ATM.