1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dramatical fps increasing app.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

The program also shows some discounts in games, works to take screenshots and record videos and also lets you set which processes will be closed and which won't when you launch the game. The in-game features(video recording, screenshots, etc.) Will only work for 32bit atm and I haven't tested them yet though.

2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I've always been very wary of programs that claim to do this. They usually install adware and actually decrease performance, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if it improves performance for some.

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Just keep in mind this is a software made by Razer, not one of those programs you see with those "you're the 1000000000th visitor!" ads.

4. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

I've used their previous app gamebooster for a good while, doesn't do anything untoward, installing this one though and it will not take screens or record video though enabled, going too reinstall gamebooster

SOLVED: needs forced into 32bit mode

5. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

Could you please detail the "dramatic increase in fps" (before/after)? Also it would be interesting to know your system specs (I'm also using a low spec PC, see signature below, and getting around 40 fps depending on conditions)

Do you guys know a reliable internet source for DIY PC gaming optimization (W7)? I suppose I need a more "softcore" approach than Arch's as I use my PC both for work and play with short transitions.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'll try to do a before and after when I get home tonight. I'll post the results then.

tommi karsikas and youwerelucky like this.
  7. Yami

Yami Racer

if these stuff affecting your fps more than 6,
    your PC needs to be upgraded and optimized.

Running 10 different background process, Firefox, Chrome those will not affect my FPS ingame.
    most critical factor here is Total Memory size and CPU.

if you have memory less than 8GB in the end of 2015 and CPU older than intel second gen I series K versions (2xxxk) or AMD Phenom X6, (fx 4core < Phenom x6)
    Please consider a revision.

mine are 4690K @ 4.4GHZ and just 8 Gigs of memory also my soundcard uses my cpu 3% to 7% percent.

8. Arch

Arch Alien

@gcflora

If I use the program but it does nothing at all due to there being no things to close or optimize more, but I *think* there was an FPS boost just because I clicked the button, that's placebo.

Or is it not?

@youwerelucky

Hard to give you resources because I picked up all my tricks and tips from all around the internet and from research, but I do know that my approach is usable for a work PC that is not in a work network, does not use a printer etc., because I do keep most "comfort" amenities available. I ran a 100% optimized setup for some time, but the lack of pretty much everything made me want to kill myself.

youwerelucky likes this.
  9. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

no fps increase at all for me 120 before 120 enabled

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

A more appropriate term might be "confirmation bias" ;-)

11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Oh, I'm sorry. I never thought like that but now that you've said it I'll get a new PC right away.

Bill Wiskins and witoldinho like this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Razor.. Those are the guys who want me to install their Synapse cloud mouse driver that will disable my mouse without internet connection, if I didn't create an offline profile first.
    Yeah, this is the kind of software developer I totally trust doing wondrous things with my PC. Don't get me wrong, I love the mice and other peripherals.

For a current windows 8.1 / 10 (even 7) I can't think of much that this little sorcery could do that really improves gaming performance without wrecking something.
    Yeah you could shut background services and stuff, but I don't think they are worth a significant piece of performance. Defrag? Maybe, on non-SSD drives. Updating GPU driver settings to less quality -> more performance? Yes worth a lot, but a fraud.

I haven't found any real cool feature so far where you'd need the Razer software for. Maybe there is a small gain, maybe not. But nothing would be close to disable your AV while gaming :)
    I'd say you will find a lot of placebo here, and little to none of personal advantage.

On the other side, the privacy policy is pretty much what you would expect from a cloud software: We gather a lot about you, but share nothing about except (scroll scroll).
    And in the end you should question yourself why Razer could buy some kind of optimizer product (IObit), labels it with Razer and gives it to you for free. Including the risk of fiddling around in foreign registries and having to support a bazillion of support queries.. I can see significant risks and costs for Razer.

Doesn't really matter if there is a performance gain or not:

[​IMG]

13. Yami

Yami Racer

You probably wont need a new pc smarty,
    probably you just need 1 or 2 more stick of memory thats all.
    and if a background app using half your cpu, remove it for god's sake.

Supadupa likes this.
  14. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Windows 7 Custom Services Registry File Tool

http://www.blackviper.com/custom-services-registry-file-creation-tool/

you might find that link helpful for creating a custom win7 Services.
    please note if your machine is fairly new and not from the stone age this might not be applicable.

just select what you want to be automatic, manual or disabled.
    Under Create Your Custom File:
    Click create file

1. Copy the resulting code below and paste it into Notepad.
    2. Save the copied code to a file with a .reg extension. For example: myservices.reg
      1. Ensure that you select "All Files" in the pull down box for "Save as type:", otherwise your file will be saved as "myservices.reg.txt" and not be applied properly.
    3. Open your new file and then confirm the registry merge.
    4. Reboot your computer to apply the new services information.
    5. After confirming full functionality, backup your file and apply it to new Windows installations
    ------------------------​
    For a table to work from, http://www.blackviper.com/service-c...dows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

see safe or tweaked for options.

Bare bones is just that, and I would not advise these options for a day to day running system.

Anyhoo have fun and remember to create a backup reg file just in case......

youwerelucky likes this.
  15. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  16. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Eh? Of course it can be a placebo.

A placebo is someone who turns up to a funeral pretending to know the deceased for the free food and drinks.

But, it's basically getting an effect from something that has no real (typically medicinal) value. e.g a sugar pill making your headache go away except you didn't know it was a sugar pill.

So I'm not sure why you believe installing this software, believing you should get an increase in performance and then deciding that it has made things quicker isn't a placebo? It'd be more or less exactly what it is.

If the software does nothing to actually increase the performance yet you think it has, it's a reasonable description.

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I only posted this to try to be helpful, and I didn't even create a referral page. If you can find it, show me, because I don't remember having one.
    It's one thing to not find my post useful, but if you say I have some personal gain with this, that's something I think you should prove first.

18. gcflora

gcflora Racer

CC @Arch

I disagree. This is the only forum or place on the internet where I've seen the term "placebo" used so blatantly and, for the most part, incorrectly.

This is probably a more accurate description and probably the phrase I would use. But if that's not technical sounding enough then I'd read the following to find a word nerdy enough: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

Obviously all these phenomena are (probably) related, but attributing something to placebo when it's not is wrong (for something to be a placebo the recipient must not know that it's a placebo, and to be absolutely sure neither should the administrator of the entity that is an alleged placebo).

LeiF likes this.
  19. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I just figured that you didn't read the instructions first :D Either way you missed a trick.

Or perhaps you saw the links from others and are copying them without realising why other people are so keen to tell others to install Razer's software.
    (This is similar to why soldiers in TF2 all jump up and down - not because there's a good reason for it, just because when they started playing the game that's what they see all the other soldiers doing)

Either way, it's clear that razer have a marketing plan of getting users to spam links to their software to get more people running it in return for various discounts and rewards. It's up to the people learning that to decide whether that affects their decision to download and install it. Maybe it will provide a context for the numerous "this software is from razer" as though they have a reputation that means something.

As far as I can see this software's primary function is not so much about "boosting fps" at all as it is about getting people to see adverts for games and razer products. At least people should be informed about that (which I see you have mentioned in a later post)

20. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I'm sure any and every word is used and misused on more than this site. Nevertheless, if every other usage of the word on the forum is incorrect, this one wasn't.