1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dramatical fps increasing app.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Oct 20, 2015.

1. gcflora

gcflora Racer

I'm probably being irrational. My post was not directed at @Arch in particular either, just the apparent overuse -- often incorrectly -- of the word "placebo" to explain things on this forum (E.g. "it can't be a bug, you're experiencing a placebo"; and even that should be "nocebo" and not "placebo"). It's almost used here as a form of dismissal and refusal to believe that someone may actually be experiencing something. Anyway, misuse of the word "meme" irritates me just as much. I shall try to stop being irritated.

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If you look at my OP, you'll see the link I posted is precisely "razerzone.com/cortex", no referral page or anything like that.
    When I say "this software is from Razer" it's because you see a lot of softwares that claim to increase performance, but are from very questionable sources, and I don't think Razer is an unreliable source, even though some said here they disagree.
    If I created a thread about the software, it's because I felt personal gains, because my system isn't very advanced for gaming, and every little counts, so I thought someone else might benefit from it.
    If you think this is span, or placebo, or anything else, just ignore, you're not forced to download it.
    I really like this community, and I don't wanna be rude here, but if you think I'm having personal benefits from this, you either show some real proof instead of assumptions, or just shut up. It's very easy to bias people into your line of thought when you just say what you assume. When you have to prove it, I think it's gonna be a little harder.

VĂ­tor Sousa and gcflora like this.
  3. Easy, Tiger. I think he got the message ;)

gcflora likes this.
  4. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

It is litterally the wet dream of those marketing guys: Users that advertise their product for free on forums and other places who's owners are in good faith and even allow such blatant adverts. This is a new level I wasnt aware of tho, now its not only those misteriously upvoted "hey I just earned 500 bucks from home" posts on youtube, now its even threads on forums dedicated to that "relatable and believeable" marketing strategy.

Seriously such tools only work for the unaware user. That one who installs whatever crap the internet throws at him and isnt even following what tons of crap his windows is running in the background after five years without format c. Any clean and controlled system wont gain anything from this, except for wasted HDD space.

5. Arch

Arch Alien

I personally would avoid a program like this for a few reasons.

First off, manual tweaking is more efficient. I tested this vs manual long ago and this still won't give you as much of a boost as doing it yourself, although when you do it yourself, Windows will periodically straight out reset your startup programs. On the flipside, Razer's service actually disabled some game-essential apps a few times, or apps I wanted running which did not take up any performance whatsoever, although you can probably make exceptions by now/it has been improved.

The real reason not to use this is because your FPS gains are mostly set back by the ad and spyware it most likely installs. I would not be surprised to find a "razer_data_mining" running in the bg, eating up some performance or better yet, running hidden through a different medium. I'm pretty sure I found something like that and had to clear my registry after uninstall.

6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'll try and sweep my system for some useless programs which may be using my CPU and RAM, that may be the reason I saw a gain with the App. I posted because I thought it might be useful, and ended up being judged as trying to take advantage and using the forum for advertisement. So I suggest we ignore and abandon this thread, because my early intention ended up backfiring terribly.
    I apologize to whom I may have offended and will do my best not to spam the thread anymore (involuntarily and mainly voluntarily). Thank you all for your comprehension.
    Maybe in a few days I'll make a thread about a cheap DIY brake mod I did on my G27, that is, assuming no one is gonna bring up their pitchforks on that one too. :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Razer's mouse control app for their mice have been known to use gpu power, up to 25%, for no real reason. I don't trust that, and have tested this on 4 different pc's, multiple settings, etc. I don't trust the company, so surely I will not trust a "helps you gain" app.

8. Your intentions were good, Poguinhas. You have nothing to apologise for.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep...was about to try it but reading the experiences with Razer apps I won't.
    But this thread made me clean up my PC so it's a good thread :-D I removed **** loads of background processes and startup crap.
    Only thing left is a GPU driver sweep and reinstall...can someone give me a heads-up on a good tool?

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Download the current nvidia driver, select "custom" setup and check "new install" (wording from memory, but you get the point ;) )

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I do it all the time...so that's enough?

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

Razer bought this program from the original guys a few years back. I used to always use the less bloated non-Razer version up until a couple years ago.

It can make a difference for some systems but not on others. Back in my Windows XP, AMD Athlon FX-57 days (fastest CPU in the world for a time), these types of programs and all the shutting down of services and such made a big difference for me in terms of smoothness/stutters, framerate fluctuations, etc. It hardly does now though for me.

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

For me this even repaired a big driver mess that has around 1000 different pro solutions like "stop this service, edit this registry entry, then do X, Y" ..
    I wouldn't trust any (free) 3rd party tool to clean up a driver installation better than the creator itself, at least if they have some quality standards.

But what you can check is to manually delete the c:\nvidia folder that gets all the temporary driver binaries. Somehow they never are deleted, at least for me, and also never used after the driver install/update.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

LeDude83 likes this.