1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Enabling DLAA in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Luis Branco, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

With DLSSTweaks tweaking tool it's possible to enable DLAA in ACC.
    DLAA is Nvidia new AI-based anti-aliasing mode and it works on native resolution to improve image quality.

Those wanting to see how DLAA compares to DLSS and TAA can check the video below.

To enable DLAA in ACC you'll need the following:
    1. DLSSTweaks 0.123.8 : https://github.com/emoose/DLSSTweaks/releases
    2. DLSS DLL 3.1.1 : https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
    3. paste both DLSSTweaks files - dlsstweaks.ini and dxgi.dll - in \Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64
    4. edit dlsstweaks.ini:
      1. ForceDLAA = true
      2. OverrideAppId = true
      3. DLAA = F
        1. ACC uses preset C by default, so you can also try to apply that instead and compare it to preset F
    5. enable DLSS in ACC video options (if you're not already using it)
    I've tested in single player and DLAA is ON
    However, if you want to confirm it's active by yourself, just follow the instructions inside dlsstweaks.ini
    I still didn't test it in multiplayer yet (trying it later, nonetheless), so better to be advised that it can be seen as a cheat in multiplayer due to how it works.

EDIT: forgot to mention that it may work with DLSS 2 as well, but overriding presets is exclusive of DLSS 3

EDIT2: (tested) there are no cheat issues in multiplayer

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer driver name option enabling Apr 23, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Enabling controller for pit stops on console Nov 22, 2020
    ACC User Interface Enabling the dash display on the HUD Jul 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Will Enabling HDR via Windows 10 Impact Performance in ACC? Aug 18, 2018
    Suggestions Enabling "Slow speed"-physics Dec 8, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Enabling AI Control via Ctrl-C and disabling it again disables FFB for that session Apr 30, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Enabling autoblip for your online races! Mar 27, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues No downshift sounds on most dlc cars. (solved: enabling autoblip) Mar 13, 2015
    Suggestions Launcher option for enabling/disabling car and track mods Mar 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Screenshot app: please allow that to unlock without enabling all developer apps Oct 17, 2014

3. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Interesting. I skipped the change of the OverrideAppId and the DLAA profile, just setting:
    Code:
    ForceDLAA = true
    upload_2023-2-15_18-16-3.png

It works :)

The beta version even has the option to set custom resolution parameters, so the forced DLAA is no longer necessary.
    You can just modify the DLSS quality levels and shift them by one, or define your own. Quality is now DLAA, Balanced the previous Quality mode, ..

Code:
    [DLSS]
    ForceDLAA = false

[DLSSQualityLevels]
    ; ForceDLAA must be disabled above for these to take effect!
    Enable = true
    UltraPerformance = 0.33333334 ; Ultra Performance
    Performance = 0.58            ; Balanced
    Balanced = 0.66666667         ; Quality
    Quality = 1.00                ; DLAA

Custom resolution scaling works as well
    upload_2023-2-15_19-7-43.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    Luis Branco likes this.
  4. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

There is a huge performance difference for my setup comparing DLAA with the previous workaround using the DLSS+DSR/DLDSR in combination.

DLSS Quality + DLDSR/DSR
    fps: 77
    upload_2023-2-15_19-30-27.png

DLAA
    fps: 104
    upload_2023-2-15_19-57-2.png

Custom DLSS (0.92)
    fps: 110
    upload_2023-2-15_19-44-8.png

TAA
    fps: 113
    3840*2160

DLSS Quality
    fps: 144
    upload_2023-2-15_19-50-15.png

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

With DLSS+DSR/DLDSR seems you're upscaling the rendering process to 5760x3240 (x2.25) while in DLAA you're rendering at 3840x2160, so the performance difference is expected.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

The quality difference shows as well, DLAA is not much better if not worse than TAA. DLDSR 2.25x + DLSS Quality is just different level of clarity and details.

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

In my system I notice a small improvement in antialiasing in DLAA compared to TAA.
    For instance, lines seem less jagged and fences are bit more detailed as well, less roughness.

When compared to DLSS there’s much less ghosting when using DLAA, noticeable when cars are further ahead on track, although I don’t know if it’s due to DLAA or DLSS 3 instead.

I’m currently using DLAA, changing from TAA, and until now I didn’t noticed any artefacts, but I only tried during day racing, yet to test it at night and/or with rain.
    Also I still didn’t checked the frame rate impact it may or may not have and although there isn’t any perceivable performance loss, I’m willing to accept some may exist, visible when measured with a frame counter.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Try dlss 2.5.1, it has the least amount of ghosting, 3.1.1 is smeary in comparison.
    DLDSR 2.25x + DLSS Quality, and I do not use any sharpening at all, picture perfect.
    If your system can't stomach 2.25x try 1.78x, still better than all other options with TAA or DLAA.

Luis Branco likes this.
  9. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Great suggestion, much appreciated .;)

Running with DLDSR 2.25x @5760x2400, DLS quality and DLSS 2.5.1 image is stupendous and I'm getting from 5% to 10% better performance over DLAA/TAA without DLSDSR @ 3840x1600.

Also checked DLAA (DLSS 3.1.1) vs TAA frame rate and it's indeed identical in my system; differences are negligible +/- 2 FPS in favour of either DLAA in some parts or in favour of TAA in others.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Found interesting discussion in reference of DLAA vs DLDSR + DLSS

12. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

DLDSR is only wise to use when your GPU isn't running at 100% right? Only when your GPU is at 80% load so it has some headroom?
    I'm running triple 27" 1440p monitors with my graphics set to mix of High and Epic and my RTX 4080 is at 100% load. Do DLDSR isn't wise to use for me I presume.

13. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

How can I show this overlay in-game?

14. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

15. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

16. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

17. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Did you you change the nvngx_dlss.dll to the one included in the sdk?

18. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Yes. Will try it once again

19. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Okay, now I get the overlay. But DLAA isn't active for some reason.

[​IMG]

This is my dlsstweaks.ini file

; DLSSTweaks by emoose - https://github.com/emoose/DLSSTweaks
    ; Wrapper DLL that can force DLAA onto DLSS-supported games, along with tweaking the scaling ratios & presets used by them
    ;
    ; DLSSTweaks now offers two ways of loading itself in, to help with systems that had issues with the older method:
    ;
    ; - Leaving the DLL filename as "nvngx.dll" will let it wrap the nvngx.dll DLSS module, usually has the best chance of working since it requires less code hooks to be installed.
    ; However this method does need a registry change to be applied first to stop DLSS from checking the nvngx.dll signature.
    ; The included "EnableNvidiaSigOverride.reg" file can handle this for you, just double-click -> Run -> Yes to all prompts
    ; (This only affects Nvidia specific signature checks, not anything to do with Windows)
    ; In case it wasn't included, reg file can also be found at https://github.com/emoose/DLSSTweaks/blob/master/EnableNvidiaSigOverride.reg
    ;
    ; - Alternatively, a legacy method can be used by renaming the DLSSTweaks "nvngx.dll" to one of the following names instead.
    ; (different games may require certain filenames to load in properly, and some games may have issues with this method altogether, the nvngx.dll method above is recommended)
    ; - XInput1_3.dll
    ; - XInput1_4.dll
    ; - XInput9_1_0.dll
    ; - dxgi.dll
    ; - XAPOFX1_5.dll
    ; - X3DAudio1_7.dll
    ; - winmm.dll
    ;
    ; If you find a DLSS-supported game that doesn't work with either of these methods please let me know!

[DLSS]
    ; ForceDLAA: forces all DLSS quality modes to act as DLAA instead, making the game render in full-res while DLSS applies itself over it
    ; To use this just enable any DLSS quality in the game, with this tweak enabled they'll all render at full resolution instead
    ; The game might change mip biasing depending on the quality level however, so feel free to experiment with them!
    ;
    ; Note that if DLSSQualityLevels:Enabled = true then ForceDLAA won't be applied, and ratios will be used from that section instead
    ; You can check if DLAA is active by using the OverrideDlssHud tweak below, the overlay text should mention both render resolution & upscaled resolution, if they match then DLAA is active
    ; If the game has problems running with full-res DLAA it could be worth changing the ResolutionOffset setting in Compatibility section below
    ; DLSS Preset F is recommended for use with DLAA, you can set that in the DLSSPresets section below
    ForceDLAA = false

; OverrideAutoExposure: allows forcing DLSS auto-exposure to be enabled/disabled/left at default
    ; Certain DLSS2 titles may have an "AutoExposure" option in-game, which might fail to activate with DLSS3.1
    ; In that case you can force it to enable here
    ; Some early titles released before AutoExposure might also benefit from having it forced (reducing ghosting issues in certain titles)
    ; More info about auto-exposure at https://github.com/emoose/DLSSTweaks/issues/53#issuecomment-1479820194
    ; Set to 0 to leave it at default, 1 to force enable, or -1 to force disable
    OverrideAutoExposure = 0

; OverrideDlssHud: allows force enabling/disabling the DLSS debug display HUD overlay
    ; The HUD will display on bottom left of screen in-game when enabled, some titles may draw effects on top of it though
    ; For those it's recommended to try disabling any post-process effects
    ; Works with both release & dev DLSS DLL types
    ; Set to 0 to leave it at default, 1 to force enable, or -1 to force disable
    ; (if overlay doesn't seem to draw try setting this to 2 instead to make it use a slightly different method)
    OverrideDlssHud = 1

; DisableDevWatermark: removes watermark shown when using dev DLL
    ; Can also remove watermark on certain versions of DLSSG/FrameGeneration
    ; Only useful if you're using a dev version of DLSS, most won't need this
    DisableDevWatermark = false

; WatchIniUpdates: watches the dlsstweaks.ini file for updates & tries applying changes during runtime
    ; Should allow you to change presets or quality ratios / DLAA during gameplay, by simply editing the dlsstweaks.ini while it's running
    ; Depends on the game whether updates will actually apply or not, some titles may work immediately, while others may need to have DLSS mode changed in the in-game settings first
    ; Unfortunately many titles can't have ForceDLAA/DLSSQualityLevels changed at runtime with this, but DLSSPresets should hopefully update fine
    WatchIniUpdates = false

[DLLPathOverrides]
    ; DLLPathOverrides: allows overriding the path that a DLL will be loaded from based on the filename of it
    ; This can be useful if you're prevented somehow from changing any of the game files, preventing you from changing DLSS DLLs easily
    ; (eg. RGL launcher which always overwrites DLSS with an older version)
    ; Can also be useful if you use a global injector setup & want every game to use a single DLSS DLL
    ;
    ; Format of this section is the following:
    ; (note that ";" indicates the line is a comment, remove it for DLSSTweaks to use that line)
    ;[DLL name] = [path to load from]
    ; For example:
    ;nvngx_dlss = nvngx_dlss_new.dll
    ;
    ; Full paths can also be specified too, including spaces (no need to use double-quotes around it):
    ;nvngx_dlss = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\nvngx_dlss.dll
    ;
    ; Other DLLs such as DLSS FrameGen (nvngx_dlssg) can also be overridden using this too (it's only recommended to use this on DLSS related files however):
    ;nvngx_dlssg = C:\Users\Username\Desktop\DLSS Releases\DLSS FrameGen\3.1.10\nvngx_dlssg.dll

[DLSSQualityLevels]
    ; DLSSQualityLevels: allows overriding the ratios that DLSS uses for each quality level
    ; Note that enabling this section will disable the ForceDLAA setting above
    Enable = true

; Ratios/multipliers applied to each axis of screen resolution
    ; Set to 1.0 to force this quality level to use full resolution (ie. DLAA)
    ; Values are limited to range 0.0 - 1.0
    UltraPerformance = 0.33333334 ; Ultra Performance
    Performance = 0.58 ; Balanced
    Balanced = 0.66666667 ; Quality
    Quality = 1.00 ; DLAA

; UltraQuality: some games may allow this to be chosen if uncommented (remove the ";" at the start) and set to non-zero value
    ; Very few titles actually allow using this though, but a small few may show an option for it once enabled, giving you an extra DLSS level to choose from
    ;UltraQuality = 0.77

[DLSSPresets]
    ; OverrideAppId: for some games DLSS might enforce certain DLSS3.1 presets, even when game requests them to be changed
    ; Preventing any of the DLSSPresets tweaks below from being applied
    ; To get around that you can enable OverrideAppId to make DLSS think that this is a generic title instead
    ; Titles that are known to require this for DLSSPresets to work:
    ; - Dying Light 2
    ; - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    ; - Death Stranding
    ; - Cyberpunk 2077
    OverrideAppId = false

; DLSS preset overrides for each quality level: set to Default to leave the preset set to whatever game/DLSS decided for it
    ; Or set to A / B / C / D / F to try forcing that preset instead.
    ; Presets were added in DLSS 3.1, these are essentially the different kinds of DLSS 2.x DLL versions, all merged into 3.1 as these presets
    ; (so eg. instead of picking the best quality DLSS DLL for your game, you'd just find the right preset for it instead)
    ; For descriptions of each preset see https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/com...blishes_dlss_super_resolution_sdk_31/j81f9te/
    DLAA = Default
    Quality = Default
    Balanced = Default
    Performance = Default
    UltraPerformance = Default

[Compatibility]
    ; ResolutionOffset: offsets both resolution axes by this value when DLAA is being applied
    ; Some games might not function well with full-resolution DLAA for whatever reason
    ; Subtracting a tiny amount from the resolution first may help with them though
    ; This offset is only applied to DLAA modes (either from ForceDLAA, DLSSQualityLevels 1.00, or the game setting DLAA itself)
    ; Titles known to require this for DLAA to work:
    ; - RE Engine titles (set to -1)
    ; - Crysis 3 Remastered (set to -1)
    ResolutionOffset = 0

• I've placed the dlsstweaks.ini and nvngx_dlss.dll file in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64
    • I also ran the EnableNvidiaSigOverride.reg file
    • In-game I have set it to DLSS Quality
    [​IMG]

What am I doing wrong here?

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Just use DLDSR with DLSS to compensate for higher res overhead, DLAA is not worth the trouble IMO.

21. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

I’m running 27” 1440p triples. So DLDSR is quite a big impact. Even with a 4080. :)
    And the downside of DLDSR is that it’s systemwide. So every game makes use of that. And that’s not always beneficial.