1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Enabling DLAA in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Luis Branco, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Shouldnt the overlay mention DLAA when DLAA is enabled? Just as in the first post of this topic?
    And it's strange because I have set the preset to F in the ini file, but the overlay still mentions Render Preset: C

2. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Not in the short version of the overlay.

Enable the OverrideAppId.

3. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

How can I enable the extended version of the overlay?

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You just complicate things, that's it. The only thing to get DLAA at all times with any DLSS setting and F quality is this

Code:
    ForceDLAA=true
    DLAA=F
    Nothing else, no overrideAppId or other things.
    Not saying that what you are doing is not working, except perhaps the F preset setting that should be assigned to Quality, not DLAA, just unnecessary complicated IMO if all you need is just DLAA.
    But, if you want to have both DLAA and DLSS then yes, your way is the right one.

5. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Thanks for all your tips! I just want to have DLAA to get the best antialiasing possible. So where do I need to set the F preset? Only on Quality? And the rest on Default?

and in ACC I leave it on DLSS Quality?

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

If you use ForceDLAA, assign F to DLAA, if you modify DLSSQualityLevels, assign F to the level that you set to 1.0 (100%)
    Just read ini file, it's the best documentation and explains everything.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Actually preset C (default) looks better for ACC.

This is description of this preset

Code:
    Preset C (intended for Perf/Balanced/Quality modes):
    Preset which generally favors current frame information. Generally well-suited for fastpaced game content
    With Advanced Sharpening enabled looks just as good as DLDSR 2.25x + DLSS Quality, but much more performant.

8. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

So you're advice would be Preset C (default) in dlsstweaks.ini and Advanced Sharpening enabled in-game?

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That's all I have, and it looks beautiful in my book.
    F preset was blurry even with Advanced Sharpening. C with higher weight of current frame makes more sense for racing games with lots of objects moving around.
    Just try both and see yourself. And update DLSS why there, the latest is 3.1.11.

10. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Is it possible you send me your dlsstweaks.ini and nvngx.dll file?

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Are you still struggling making it work?
    Download beta from https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/550?tab=files

The only thing I've done:
    - set ForceDLAA to true in dlsstweaks.ini
    - ran EnableNvidiaSigOverride.reg
    - put modified dlsstweak.ini and nvgnx.dll into `Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64`

If you want to update to the latest DLSS 3.1.11 version, download it from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
    unzip and overwrite original nvngx_dlss.dll in `Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Plugins\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64` with new one. You can backup the old one.

Rivanov likes this.
  12. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

I think I have made it work. But I don’t understand why my overlay always show Render Preset C when I have set the ini file to preset F.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Another thing on sharpness. After DLSS 2.5.1 DLSS sharpness is controlled via NVidia CPL, so changes in ACC makes no difference.
    Found out that disabling Advanced Sharpening in ACC and enabling Sharpness in NVCPL produces cleaner, less jaggy results. Plus you can control sharpness strength unlike Advanced Sharpening.

14. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

Which sharpening percentage do you use in Nvcp

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I didn't play with it much to be honest, just went for default which is 60% and that seemed satisfactory after disabling Advanced Sharpening, YMMV.

16. Rivanov

Rivanov Gamer

For some reason my framerate gets capped at 60FPS when I enable the sharpening in NVCP?!

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not a problem here, may be you enabled frame cap as well.

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Any chance Kunos can add DLAA as a standard option to ACC instead of us jumping through these hoops to make it work.

19. QLIQ

QLIQ Rookie

Thanks! I can´t believe the graphics in this game are finally fixed. Bit late to the party I know :D

This should be a native option. It is crazy how powerful DLAA is in this game for 1440p triples.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's a shame that Kunos does not support it out of the box.
    BTW, try quality preset C, it is more suited for AC or any other fast moving games. And DLSS 3.5.0.