1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cip

Cip Racer

If so i hope it will be a new engine, so we can have even better physics and simulated day-night-rain transitions etc.
    Shut up and take my money!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

As some of us noticed previously, it's pretty a nonsense to think about AC2 for the moment.
    Mainly because the console version has not yet been released.

Imagine a moment a console gamer, buying a game and knowing already that it will be exceeded soon by a new version.
    It's not, commercialy, a nice move :)

And personnaly, as my computer would not be able to support something more guzzler than the first AC, I don't want to see a new game :)

3. Turk

Turk Alien

But console users are well used to the new version being announced hot on the heels of the current one. Just look at any sport game on console. Unless we expect Kunos to simply retire now, then we have to expect something new. I wouldn't mind an announcement. Even with an announcement it's probably a year or two away.

alex72 likes this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Mature reason, not egoistic at all. You definitely will use same gear in 2018-19.

Anyway, happy to see it evolving. Don't really care if it'll go on with AC1 or AC2, eventually sooner or later it will be necessary and more rational to make some bigger changes in foundation, in engines, rather than stretching up current one up to its limits.

Another question would be, if it wouldn't be too chaotic to continue developing a game which is on few platforms. I guess that will add some complexity in releasing version updates. :)

5. Cip

Cip Racer

Announce and release are two diffrent things ;)
    As far as i know they did not start working on AC for consoles as soon as they released it, consoles always get something first or last...
    It makes no sense to push this engine to the limits but it makes sense to start developing a new engine whilst adding some things to this engine. If they announce AC2 it wont be released before mid 2017.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  6. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

You are right : console gamers are used to see F1 2015 and then the new one the following year.
    But you have never see Codemaster releasing F1 20xx already talking about the 20xx+1 :)

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

17 is unlucky number, I guess whole Italy is going to skip that year :D

ShimonART likes this.
  8. Cip

Cip Racer

Codies have more money and bigger team and they dont have over 80 cars its not a fair comparison and AC is not being ported as much F1 games are, and also as Lord Kunos said in one of his livestreams most of developers hate or have no interest in racing games they only care about money, but him being Italian he is very enthusiastic about the game and he wants everyone in the team to be enthusiastic so its hard to find more people.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know about console games. I think they did something similar with Assassins creed, I think it did lead to a lot of complaints, but at the same time everybody bought it. I doubt we're going to see AC2 announced, unless it's a new title. A separate Le Mans game based on an updated AC engine which would allow additional light sources and rain. I wouldn't like to see AC2 held back because some people will get agro.

10. Cip

Cip Racer

''Let it go, let it go...''

11. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I am not trying to compare the two : I know that this comparison is wrong.
    I was talking in a marketing and psychologic ways, which are pretty universal, no matter the size of the company :)

Personaly, I would not be so interested in a game that is already nearly out of the race :)
    And overall, AC is an evoluting game, so : are Kunos going to develop an AC2 and in the same time continue to update the first one?
    Remember, Kunos aren't Codemasters :D

12. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

That is not what he said. He said game developers ( I.e. not racing game developers) found racing games boring. He said nothing about only caring about money.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

The speculation warning for the next few days is status red. Expect heavy downpours of "maybes" and "what ifs". People are advised to stay indoors and only travel if absolutely necessary.

illko and Cip like this.
  14. Psit

Psit Alien

What i HOPE they announce is:

That they will never make an AC2, instead they will upgrade the current game in the course of 2-3 years by adding everything AC2 was supposed to have.
    Upgrade graphics engine, physics, sound and whatnot.

This way they don't have to re-acquire all the licenses they already have for cars and tracks, too.

Sounds like a good plan to me, they just have to work on how they are going to charge us for the upgrades :)

asehauDLM, Akis Kev, AurusCE and 12 others like this.
  15. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

+1

16. Cip

Cip Racer

Sector 3 are not Codemasters nor they are Kunos but still have small team for R&D they are testing with Unreal engine 4,
    if Kunos were to announce AC2 they would switch around and work togheter.
    You simply cant always release DLC-s for money one day you will run out, you have to make another game and AC is out for quite some time now. It is not cheap to run a game studio.

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Oh they would have to ? Damn... Maybe some are "eternal", unlimited. Still there is a risk that one DLC would not pay-off.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

I think you're describing iRacings model. The bottom line is they need to keep producing products, we've already bought Assetto Corsa, they can't live off that money forever.

19. Psit

Psit Alien

You are right i guess, it is what i hope they will do.
    Especially if you think that for AC2 they have to get the licenses AGAIN for all these AWESOME cars we already have... would be really expensive.

nate and liakjim like this.
  20. Cip

Cip Racer

If you are a developer and find a job as a racing game developer that automaticly makes you racing game developer and if you have no interest in that sort of games what are you working for? To feed you (and your family if you have family) wich means you are just there for money and that changes the atmoshpere a lot.

Edit: Here you go he said that game devs hate racing (sim games) becuase they find it unispiring and because there is not much game design and its just copying reallity.

Yeah that could work for some time , but i dont think that they have to re-acquire any licenses because they (manufactures etc.) have given the licenses to the Kunos not AC they just have to send the ''product'' back for confirmation. Charged upgrade would not get enough attention and that would force user to upgrade wich does not work they have to release a new title. To make our lifes easier they can just set a date and if you bought AC before it you get a discount on the new title.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016