1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the car. But you'd think overheating issues would have arise in testing, lol. But specifically the auto trans overheats after a few hard laps, shifts become sluggish and slow. Anyway.

2. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Remember, this is GM we're talking about. Having grown up in a GM town, doesn't surprise me at all that there are QC issues. ;)

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

In the second latest:

RufGTI likes this.
  4. When I was configured my new Golf 6 some years ago and have seen the price for a dual clutch as an optional feature my decision was easy. I'm stuck in the past.
    :p:p:p

baboon and PhilS13 like this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Can't remember which F1 driver said (some of current/recent top ones), that because of his work he has to use paddles, but enjoys a manual transmission car the most, on his free time.

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  6. Lewis Hamilton has said he would welcome a manual gearbox back into F1.

7. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

I kinda understand the "stuck in the past" point of view, but manual can keep you entertained at 50kph because you always have something to do in it (double de-clutch heel & toe for me... I know, totally unnecessary, but it is fun + I had to do it in my previous (first) car, because synchros were ****ed for 2nd and 3rd gear, so it became a habit :D ). I see it like this, manual makes sense in a sub 250-300 hp car. I feel like most of the time, the manual just gets in your way of enjoying a high powered car (488, GTR, 650/675, etc).

8. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Don't know about F1, but a support series with ~400hp some downforce and a manual would be insane :D

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Would be too expensive because of all the broken gearboxes. :D

10. Mmmm... Something like procar?

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  11. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

Vettel too, he stated that in several interviews if I'm not totally wrong. Also they all seem to prefer a manual over flappy paddles in sports cars.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

12. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

I love when people compains that flappy paddles are against humanity and car manufacturers are blind and stupid by doing this. The truth is, that 90% of them probably never even stand a chance to drive car that they babble about. If dual-clutch makes car accelerating faster by 0.2 second, than it's probably cheaper to save that amount of time by instaling this kind of gearbox, than doing extra few horse power.

R3V3NG3 BR likes this.
  13. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

yes, but with open wheelers :)

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

pika4u, mane2907, arthur666 and 8 others like this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Some sort of F1 masters series gets mentioned every few months or so. It seems some of the old hands who attend races in a media capacity want it, Bernie appears keen, as he thinks it can make money. It never seems to happen though, possibly as it could end up being more popular than the main show...

16. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

yeah it would :D It would be independent (Formula E type thing), because manuals really don't do anything for F1, but it would be amazing to watch the work the drivers would have to do :D

17. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

Who keeps having a mard and re-titling the thread? You've made your point a million* times and nothing ever changes !

*some hyperbole

nate and @xel like this.
  18. Now you can't be reported for being off topic. You're welcome.
    -------
    Somebody should start up a thread that simply shares news from social media sites since a fair number of members here are stuck in 1993 and will miss out otherwise.

DaveS78 likes this.
  19. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

Really ? I'm sorry Micheal but I really think you are abusing you forum privileges way too much nowadays.

R3V3NG3 BR, nate, norbs and 2 others like this.
  20. magicmike

magicmike Racer

Since there is no topic on this thread, its impossible to go offtopic.
    So, last night i saw a documentary on netflix named Apex. Watch that !
    Its about hyper\supercars. Laferrari,P1, One:1 and Pagani.
    One thing that strikes me is that they say in the movie that Koenigsegg have some troubles at nurburgring. And very recently they crashed there. Again. Seems they really are cursed. :)