1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Completely agree, the 370 got all "bro cool street racer" trying to recapture the skyline roots... And just stayed that way, like old people trying too hard to stay hip.

2. 100% incorrect.

ears1991 likes this.
  3. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

they said they are if you'd forgot, but don't ask me where, but i seen a post where kunos said they were focussed on gettin console version complete and reckon that why they wer and was solely on bug fixing and was no eta on 1.5

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Lawndart likes this.
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

devs arent always 100% correct, there are 30 or more people at kunos now, i highly doubt they are all 100% working on consoles and they could be adding features that will effect both platforms like V50 tyres.

5. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

anyway a new car mod n targa would keep me happy till then, end of day time flies and it is not far away as time goes :)

6. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

your right m8, said also working on new features, which is win win for us all

7. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

could be worse and be in the state iracing is with ther ddos and major site problems since last build :)

8. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Again Mike, don't try and correct me, ever. You have zero clue what's involved with shipping console product or what's being discussed. Go snipe another post and feed your narcissistic needs elsewhere.

Since I'm a nice guy, here is some charity education; Even being focused on console, there is residual value that will be brought back to the PC version. But they are on a console branch and focused on all the TRC/TCR's they need to pass to ship on both of the consoles. It's a lot of work with no value to the PC version. And if they do not make it into submission by the first week of March, and they have to pass it, there will be a delay. I doubt 505 has a strong pre-certifacation team so everyone is likely stressed to all hell in the land of requirements interpretation.

As stated before, after submission (takes about a month to clear) they could double back to the PC branch but I doubt it, they will be exhasted. I hope I'm wrong on that last point, but it's pretty common place. There is a very real possibility we my not see 1.5 prior to console launch just so they can have an "exclussive" marketing argument for launch... Parity of versions was stated, just not when they will have that parity.

9. If you only knew how wrong you are.....
    Maybe you shouldn't state Kunos business like you have a clue, because you don't. At all. None.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    ears1991 likes this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Why don't you tell him how wrong he is ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    donShere, SvenUilhoorn, Ferdi and 5 others like this.
  11. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Guys seriously, ease up with the tension. Have you guys ever thought that maybe someone has more information but they arent allowed to tell you, could be legal reasons, could ethical reasons.

If i pmed Stefano and was like sup bro hows the C7 Stingray and he sends a picture back and then tells me not to share it then im not gonna. It could easily be the same situation here.

We dont know how close someone is to the devs, we dont know how much industry experience everyone has or doesn't have.

What we do know is patch 1.5 is coming, its likely gonna introduce great new features like the sp pits, two new cars, remastered vallelunga(not sure if the others are getting upgraded). I remember them saying there would be a small surprise as well, what could be, might be the tracks, could be a new track, could be a skin with a cat on it, could be Stefano's covers of various songs he likes, i dont know. Stop predicting stuff, its clearly fanning the flames of war.

Just trust kunos, its not like there are gonna do something bad like changing the preview shot angles triggering an OCD hard wired in some of the community forcing them to redo the preview shots for all 1000 or so cars loaded on their HDD.

12. esox71

esox71 Alien

Yeah ok, I stalk girls and they send me pictures, you wanna see them?

13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

hang on, let me just open an incognito tab.

14. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I disagree entirely. I think the 350Z is the 370's ugly older sister.

15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

370z GT4 would be nice, but I guess I would have to make one myself
    Would go nicely along GT86 gt4 that was promised

16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

The only points I could be wrong about are timing and team structure.

First point; If my assumed timing is off, then fantastic!!! I welcome that, as do we all I'm sure. As I said earlier, using us all as beta testers for 1.5 would be in Kunos best interests. And it would mean source version 1.5 is console 1.0.

The second point; Going from a handful of people to near 30 could have evolved into 2 platform teams updating both branches symotaniously. Not at all easy to manage as your creating 2x the bug lists and need to cross regress them, it's just not very efficient.

So hey, if you know something, anything, then you just gave it away... And to be fair? That peaks my curiosity... It's quite possible your a PC beta tester, I mean you do live on these boards. So if we consider that possibility, I think we need to rethink who the retard is now fella... And add chump to it.

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  17. at last the thread is evolving into something interesting :p

Here's the situation at the moment, AC console is "feature complete", so we are formally in beta there.

The dev team (myself included) is 100% focused on bug fixing, we receive the daily dose of damage from QA and get on with fixing stuff. The other 2 guys in the team usually work on the PS4/Console on platform related bugs (bugs that are specific for the consoles; graphics glitches, UI etc).. I am working mostly on stuff that is platform independent (physics, AI, netcode) that is running the same code on all the platforms. I work on the PC to fix these, then backport to the console version. I also do some dedicated XB1 stuff.

The graphics guys are also fixing/improving what's there.

So to say the PC version is not moving is wrong for the simple fact that we're taking advantage of the console QA to hammer down a serie of bugs that are also present on the PC version, plus all the new toys (single player pit stops for example) are worked on the PC and then ported. The fact is that we can't afford to take the time to finalize a PC update release right now.. but, at the end of the process, we should have a more polished product.

I also hope to be able to throw in some additional stuff in 1.5 that is not needed for consoles (ie. oculus, championships, new apps for race strategy and so on).

EDIT: The correct translation of Marco's last sentence is "I am going to have a tuna salad"... so you'll have to adjust your speculations there :)

18. At the end of the day, the 350Z is way better looking than the derpy 370Z.

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

first 350z I didn't like, the one after facelift ( 2006) was nice, 370z I prefer from front, but don't like the rear as much as I did 2006 370z,
    latest 370z I find worse due to Daytime running ligts integrated in the bumper, ...

guess we all have our preferences

[LYN] Cheesenium likes this.
  20. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Must say thanks for explaining the stuff !! All the best !!

Tino66, grandepunto and nate like this.