1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I put my first hour into GSCE and an hour into R3E tonight. Played around with the FFB setup and just didn't feel right. AC just feels more like I'm driving real cars on a real track. The other 2 feel like i'm playing a 10 year old sim. They just don't do it for me.

I also purchased Laguna seca on r3e and wow is it horrible. It feels absolutely nothing like the real track. The corners go in the same direction and that's about it. More proof that tracks need to be laser-scanned or not done at all when it comes to realistic sims.

Boris Lozac and LeDude83 like this.
  2. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Reason: resources or lack of to be more specific. Seriously, you don't think Kunos would love to add all the bells and whistles? Perhaps they completely overlooked these variables, maybe send em a message to enlighten them on their oversight?

Fade & wear make very little difference in most race prepped cars though the former would be a nice addition for the road cars.

3. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Regarding R3E I can understand your experience, but when it comes to GSCEs FFB I absolutely feel the opposite: once adjusted for your likings it feels great.
    Keep in mind that a lot of the recommendable mods come with their own realfeel.ini, which requires some work and is not ”out of the box”, but if you know rfactor for example you’ll get used to it and the results are very satisfying.
    Just yesterday I drove the DRM mod and had tons of fun with the right FFB.

lemax, ouvert and sherpa25 like this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No one has provided any numbers yet regarding that SAT in AC...all I read is smart talk and polemic about that - nothing helpful at all :-(
    Can someone tell me which tools/widgets to use in order to assess the sim output?

5. JyriK

JyriK Gamer

Eduard Mallorquí likes this.
  6. Brakes are a big part of racing, and considering sims had brake heat at the very least modeled back in the early 2000's, it boggles my mind that some nowadays don't even simulate that. You are right that wear and fade isn't a big deal for today's race cars (unless you throttle-brake like a maniac, as many simracers do), but heat and it's relation to braking performance (as well as how it affects tyre heat) would be a welcomed addition. Although this would require a setup option for brake duct... They should probably add adjustable caster while they're at it.

I doubt they overlooked it, but I'd like to hear why it's not modeled right now. I would think it to be something quite important for a sim.

Associat0r and David Dominguez like this.
  7. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

I was being sarcastic about them overlooking it. Blame that on missing my first coffee of the day.

As already mentioned, its not included because they haven't had time. From what I understand from a previous thread on the topic, brake temp is something they want to include. Where it is on the priority list only Kunos can answer that.

8. Just tried out GSCE today and now I can't come back to AC, ffb feels so plain and dead... Also seems GSCE cars are a lot more demanding, in AC you can control and save slides with barely one hand.

kro, Associat0r and emha76 like this.
  9. I figured you were, but you never know, haha. Still, I'd expect it to be something quite high on the list, it plays a fairly big role after all. Just like wind for that matter, which might be a reason as to why our downforce cars are far too planted at high speed... oh well.

EDIT: Waw, I'm repeating myself xD

10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

So what exactly is the yardstick for ffb in racing sims? I feel there are many many parameters we can tweak, and people want the ffb "to their likings". FFB can be affected also by the modeling of the car and the track. There are some people who claim that in real life you don't get much feeling from the wheel but from the body of the car, so wheel ffb is not real-life like anyways. Then how are we supposed to compare ffb in different sims?

The customizability of these sims really blows my mind. Before I joined this forum and started playing racing sims, what I wanted to achieve (though I think many people will call my idea unrealistic) is to try to get adapted to the car and learn something that could possibly be translated into real-life experience, so I don't have to wreck my own car every time I try to learn a new stuff. But now it seems that what I'm sometimes doing now is to tweak all kinds of things so that some really hard-to-drive cars can be within (or not too far beyond) my abilities.

11. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

There is a school of thought that says you can't enjoy a sim these days unless you switch to using a Gamepad.
    Ok, I just made that school up, so it's mine really, but it should be one.
    Imagine being freed from the tyranny of stressing over and over about what the "right" FFB settings are, and just loading a game and playing it..... the possibilities!
    :p

some1pl and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Today's FFB wheels can serve as a "tool" to some extent by filling in some missing information beyond what we hear and see - such as "Seat-of-the-pants" feeling we get in the real world. FFB wheels can certainly enhance our experience of racing through greater immersion but, it has often been said that better FFB wheels will not make you faster. That may be changing now with the advent of Direct-drive wheels where the majority of users, even seasoned veterans, are reporting new personal bests within a few laps of early adoption. Granted, they are almost always modest gains but, the bigger benefits come in the form of improved consistency and generally result in better race finishes and more recoveries. The overall immersion improvements can be quite amazing too but, hard to quantify. Even many of the diehard old-school non-ffb players are now seeing the light.

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I will try demo's of GSCE and Rfactor2. Is there anyone that would like to share FFB settings for G27? (even with p.m.)

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

nothing special to set ..

Profiler is standard thing: 106%, no spring or dumper, no centering spring, allow to change.
    For rF2 keep DoR to 900°, for GSCE set it to desired value (280 for Formulas, 540° for V8stocks and MR18, 900 for Mini and Opala should work) .. rf2 will set steering lock in garage corectlly, for GSC you have to do it by your self (20-22 for 540 deg, 30-34 for 900, 15-18 for 280) ..
    In GSC remember to go for negative values of FFB strength and I wouldn`t set anything else than low or (preferably for me) medium level of FFB ..

liakjim likes this.
  15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

liakjim likes this.
  16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Can anyone suggest if constant vibration at higher speed is normal in rFactor2 (demo cars)? Vibration persists even with 0 minimum force.
    Also what I am struggling with is oversteering/sliding when braking in rFactor2. I don't know if braking is more sensitive but usually when using 20% brake input it causes the car to slide sideways especially with Renault formula when turning(even with ABS).
    Is there a plugin which shows tyre load or similar(like Rivali OV1)?

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I like your idea, if I ever start to stress over FFB instead of enjoying it for what it is, a good immersion tool, and that is it.
    Going back for a week or two to game pad is most likely a brilliant idea for a few members of this forum who take their SIM way too seriously, if I was so much into realism, I would do track days, how but wait, I do, that might be the secret, because then you realize the huge gap between SIM and reality and stop asking for the impossible.

No wheel will make you faster, particularly if you depend on FFB to get faster, the funny thing about your example is that most of the Expensive Direct Drive used by the veteran do not use FFB.
    The new comer from Accuforce tackles it differently and recommend to disable the SIM FFB and to use their own brew FFB.
    This thread is hilarious, thought of the day: Relax and Enjoy!

18. Make sure you have some rubber on track.... if not, all cars will slide. The vibration is most likely coming from flatspots.

Associat0r likes this.
  19. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Rubber didn't build up in the corner which I was sliding each lap. Does it build only in heavy braking zones? I have saved rubberized realroad preset, now it's much more fun:) Regarding vibration it must be flatspots, I forgot that you can flatspot the tyres in rFactor2 with lateral slides, is that right?
    In rFactor I am finding myself performing much more fast movements while finding "the grip" which I really like. FFB provides relatively weak "hints" what to do with the wheel however these hints seem to provide really precise information compared to what I feel in AC where you are forced by the wheel. Also I have performed some really smooth slides with Renault formula and the Chevrolet which is kind of satisfying.o_O You can really trust the FBB in rFactor if you "listen" to it.
    However graphics of the track look quite bad (I am not talking about fancy effects). Bland colors and low contrast. There were moments then I couldn't understand where the actual track is :D

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There are a lot of new AF owners that would strongly disagree with you but, as always, seeing is believing. I have logged quite a few hours using one myself and I'm not surprised by those claims at all but, I don't get too caught up in the numbers game. I'm more about the immersion anyway.:)