1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I've always quite liked Game Stock Car but it's always lacked that little something special, so I'd play the new content for a while and move onto other sims pretty quickly.

However this CART Factor Extreme mod has something that has got me hooked, the cars are tricky to drive but so much fun that I'm prepared to put the time in to learn them.

Highly recommended, it's available for free from RaceDepartment.com

2. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

To each their own. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. I have that impression, too. Also, totally agree with Kevin.

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree. It would be smart if Kunos surfed the wave they created with the Dream Pack. Look at the server list - it's packed with crowded lobbies. But many in there miss the feature polishing and I'm one of them. The lack of information from the devs is the reason I now check out other sims.

You will still see me a LOT on AC servers and if they manage to fix the issues it might become the only sim I play. But it might be true that there's a "tolerance time" involved after which people won't come back to a game so easily. Then again, I bought it already so why would they care :-D

Back on...well at least close to the topic: can you recommend RF2? If you can't, I will soon because demo download finishes in 3 minutes ;-)

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Well than they behave like fwd car should.. You are probably just experiencing lift off oversteer and on throttle understeer.. Try balancing car with throttle and left foot breaking

wedge_one, Trezoitao38 and sherpa25 like this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Indeed, I do not agree with the game pad conclusion, but I agree that this thread is a reminder that way too much is expected from FFB.
    It is a cool feature, but there is much more to SIM than FFB, preferring one to an other is much likely to be about settings and personal taste/preference.
    At the end of the day you have to choose between feeling the same as a real wheel or getting the missing info due to lack of G-Forces and body movement in a SIM, or anything in between.
    Adding to the complexity, now consider the range, on how different a Cobra and a Fiat 500 will feel IRL.
    All you need is a good range of settings, like we have in Assetto Corsa.:D

As an owner of a CSR elite, Carrera and DFGT, when set within saturation range, all are able to convey what the present offering in FFB has to offer. I do not regret getting the CSR Elite, because I am at an age that allows me to spend a little money and it gives me the better experience, but a DFGT is just fine, if you are not missing H shifter.

I cannot judge GSC, as I have not tried it, if I get bored with AC, to me it will be sign that I should consider an other hobby, not an other SIM.;)
    I have over 800 hours in AC and fell like I have touch about 10%. AC as a SIM is all anyone need, the same might be said about GSC, or the other usual suspect.
    To get to a level when you can really appreciate one, if you also have a real life, you need to concentrate on one and get deep into it.
    Switching from one to the other will just highlight how far we still have to get to be really immersed. it confuses the issues by comparing a virtual reality to an other one, instead of becoming immersed in the one you choose.
    It took me about 20 minutes to realize how special AC was back when all we had was Magione and the Elise. I have been in SIM heaven since.
    An accessory not spoken of a lot, that make a big difference in immersion, are Load cell pedals ( or better), on the other hand, to me , they are a must.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

I would recommend to not just focus on car/track choice, but also features of the sim platform itself.
    http://www.virtualr.net/cart-factor-game-stock-car-previews#comment-1918510801

That said, if you have the money I would recommend getting both.

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Check out R3E. IMO its much more fun and looking and sounding better:

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/u...06/New_to_it_-_and_I_recommend_it#Post3725106

The racing against the AI is real fun, imo. I truly enjoy it. Listen what some guy in the comments says about the adaptive AI - if it works like he says, then it is a very neat feature:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/raceroom-racing-experience-review.95158/

Having tested rF2 some weeks ago for the third time since their release, that demo once again left me unimpressed regarding the feeling to drive. Feels like it was ten years ago. Shallow, simple. I do not go by their claims, but by what I feel in feedback and immersion.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

But that springy swaying ffb is ruining it.. it was perfect few versions back..and it has different approach to simulation than gsc or AC...but fun and sounds are orgasmatic..

10. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

I too have gsc and think its highly underrated...but I have AC too...and enjoy a lot of the things it brings to the table...oh..and I have rf2 also...another great Sim..and recently got into I racing..liking that a lot too...oh..and raceroom too..another brilliant title..anyways.. They all bring a unique thing to the Sim table..each has its strengths and weakness.. I enjoy snacking on them all,and relish what is good in each..I'm a Simmer and am so thrilled that there's so much to choose...keep a open mind..enjoy them all :)

mojodude, mrsmr2 and Associat0r like this.
  11. Chessiah

Chessiah Racer

May I ask how many laps did you do before coming to this conclusion? I used to play it with driving force pro and it was amasing now with G27 and its a total new level of amasing. Its not as user friendly and easy to drive as AC is but once u get.everything right ans set, u will not want to drive anything else.

12. I wouldn't include iracing with the others. At how much they charge for a quality that's inferior to both AC and GSC its an insult to the sim racing world. Take the DLC package for example: at iracing would have cost around maybe $150! and that is on top of the $100 per year subscription only fee...comparing that to GSC at $30 for lifetime or AC it only shows that continuing to fuel hundreds of dollars to iRacing in membership and content costs is not only a rip off but also immoral. Simracers should not allow this kind of marketing and pricing scheme that iRacing has put forward to destroy the simracing sport!

xyr likes this.
  13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Steve, Have you managed to get surface detail yet from AC ? or are you still working on your profile ?

14. Hi Nick...first thanks for all the advice and links.

I am getting some surface details, but not as much and so detailed as in GSC, and that makes me thinking that is not a problem with the frex factory software, but rather with the AC plugin or game software. For now that conversion to simtools seems too complicated and I am not sure if it would solve this problem, so for now I'll keep going as it is.

15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I don't know, enough to realise it's rFactor, which just can't click with me no matter what.

16. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

rFactor 2's physics and FFB are considered the most accurate. Also real race teams are switching to it from rFactor 1, not only for driver training, but also race car development. It's also the most complete moddable platform with best AI.

kro and yusupov like this.
  17. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

I understand what your saying about the cost,but their is things and content that I racing has that have to be commended.When you go online and see over 4000 people online ,you know they are doing something right and a lot of people are willing to pay for that experience.We have that right to join or not,so I don't see no call for bashing them.Even raceroom has followed thier business model..there ate people willing to pay for that type of online experience. I'm trying it out for 3 months..whether or not I continue I will reevaluate at that time.Yes,AC is awesome and a bargain comparing it to that,but at the moment it can not compare to the online experience and over all content..imo

18. Hangon

Hangon Gamer

Not sure if you follow the customer forum from simvibe software, but in a thread about the exact same thing the owner/programmer Bernie states that the data from AC does not have the same detail as for other Sims...I can completely relate to what your saying,as far as feedback from Simvibe software there is way more/better feedback for transducer or full motion rigs for gsc or rf2 ( and others) than AC...whether AC will will improve and provide more track/physics data we will see over time...I'm hoping they do..but for the time been there will be a much better feeling in gsc And others

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I tested RF2 and I'll drop it straigh away. I tested the demo, Corvette at Silverstone for like two hours. Coming from AC it just feels so dated...as if the computer takes a 50 ms break after each controller input to know what it's supposed to do next. The sounds are the same - nowhere even close to the immediate audio feedback of AC. Regarding FFB it's also inferior to AC...AC is able to transmit the feeling of inertia to the wheel and RF2 can't match this - it's decent at best. Sure, some tweaking, mods or whatever could have improved things a bit but the original, official content and feeling needs to lure me in and it just didn't. In AC, some tweaking with the onboard tools and you get a magnificent feeling, already. Also - RF2 MP server list was like 5% of AC's current list.

After this excursion I raced 2 hours on NOS endurance in AC and I re-appreciated how good it is. The fact that there were super clean racers in the public lobby (3 races with awesome battles) made it even better. So I'll stick with AC...not even gonna re-try GSCE 2013.

Slightly provocative guys, sorry: could it be that the GSCE 2013 supporters here have gotten used to that feeling some time in the past? Because since I just tried the follow-up engine of the GSCE 2013 engine (which is RF1 engine) and it is so massively inferior to Kunos' engine GSCE 2013 can't be all that good, really.

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  20. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

In all my years I don't think I've ever seen anyone rage at Reiza. Speaks volumes.

wedge_one and ouvert like this.