1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it possible that someone is using speed hacks???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 14, 2014.

1. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Hi guys, let me explain: I had a race on MP today on z4 gt3, pole in qualify, and then on the star of the race, a guy from behind (mclaren gt3) just pop up 50 m in front of me, and that's strange. he had a 80 ping in green so I've founded very strange...then I reach him (I was lot faster them him) and on exit of turns he's like warping away 30 m at a time...so cath him up, almost touched is rear bump on brake,and them again, warp 30m, warp 30m, and in 2 sec he's already far away from me...and then i chatch him again and he does the warp thing...
    so, is it a possible lag issue (find it strange), or a hack???

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Is Cheating in ACC still possible -Seriously- Dec 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC-Server incident logging possible? Nov 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    General modding discussion Is it possible to animate (tank) tracks? Nov 21, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Impossible to play online in ps5 Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to make AI performance more similar to each other? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Possible cause of dashboarding on 1.8.7.1 Dec 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting No Multiplayer possible. Opponents staying in Pitlane Nov 25, 2022

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Definitely lag... also he can do some different lines from yours which make him faster on corner exits...

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I was on nurb and lapping 1.59.500/400...and the way he was exiting turns was quite impossible, like he had 300hp more than me...I have a 100 mbit connection and always book to server with no more than 90 ping...never seen anything like it...it's very very strange:cool:

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Did you notice his overall lap time? Was it stupidly fast?

6. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

could be lag if the start thing didn't happend...you can't pop 50 m in front of me while I'm still in 1st gear...that's the strange thing

7. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

was triyng to get a video, but then a kid going backwards hit me...

8. baboon

baboon Alien

Sure hacks are possible. But lag issue is just far more likely.

9. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

But now can you explain the start of the race?

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

was it accidentaly on nurburgring?

11. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

I encountered a similar thing last week. A player was 20 sec. a lap faster then the other players. Don't remember the name. I also first thought it was lag, but looking at the circuit map app <- :D the guy just disappeared on the straights. So maybe indeed a speed hack of some kind. Ping was under 100. So I think it was not lag...

12. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

If you go to the replay map in documents, there's a file that's named cr, that is the latest replay. Rename that file before the next session or it will overwrite.

Backmarker and alex bonner like this.
  13. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

damn..already gone

14. kjelle

kjelle Racer

I saw something similar in an open race GT3 at N-ring. At the moment the field started, one car just flew, or "warped" through the complete grid from somewhere in the back. He used the mid lane to pass, in full speed from zero. Couldn't see what happend later, I was smashed from behind and had to restart from pit.

15. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

looks like the same thing..very strange:cool:

16. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Assetto Corsa is very vulnerable to memory injection, but implemeting defensive measures would hurt us, legit users too much so the solution is to race with people you know or wait for the BANWAVE patch

Queequeg and Sebastian Wolff like this.
  17. baboon

baboon Alien

I hope the cheating aspect doesn't get completely ignored by the devs. At least it shouldn't be super easy to do it but I suspect it is at the moment.

Mogster likes this.
  18. Yesterday in a race in Silverstone I was asking me the same question. I had the feeling he has many more downforce and also many more topspeed. Ok, can be an alien.
    Whats a good lap time there in a 15 laps race in a Z4GT3?

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I really want to see a replay before I can judge it's cheating or not

spiritofsenna likes this.
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Guys, relax, if someone is better than you or are doing things you think it's impossible maybe it's not, if you're, let's say 2 seconds off the fastest times you can't doubt or accusing that he's cheating if someone's doing much better than you. Right now i doubt there are cheaters in AC, but there are lots of aspects that can make a guy much faster than you (better racing lines, better setup, TC and ABS or other aids off, etçª).

Patrik Marek likes this.
  21. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I think, if it isn't a lag issue, then its possible that he went into the summary page before the race and changed his setting to auto traction/stability and put softer tyres on.
    I didn't even know you could do this until yesterday, so it explained why some guys were outrunning me in the corners in the same car.