1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it possible that someone is using speed hacks???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 14, 2014.

1. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I've never seen such a "warp hack" on racing sim, I play
    My friend, I'm 34 years old and playing car sim since "Indianapolis 500", I've done a lot of "grand prix legend", "rfactor", "Netkar", "Netkar Pro", 4 years on Iracing, all the possible car games you could think about, and when I'm slow I admit it, I accept it and evolve my driving, but in this case, just wanted to understand if peolple are cheating. You can see on track if you're faster or slower than the guy in front of you, and for sure I was way faster then him, after his trick it took me 4/5 turn to catch him up, and then on exit he used his warp cheat to gain some more advantage in seconds. looks like he couldn't use it when braking, only on exits...;)

Queequeg and jamba like this.
  2. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

Yes, but it would only work for the default tracks

Queequeg likes this.
  3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

it's a start

Queequeg and Andemagre like this.
  4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm happy to only race with the stock content, especially if there was some sort of code check for online.

5. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Definitly NOT lag. Lag will NEVER make a driver Faster, only "Slower". In one of my races yesterday there was a driver that was slower than me and every time i passed him he would jump ahead of me by about 6 to 12 car lengths for nearly the whole race! This cheat he used was the unpopular "RAM Cheat" which can go undetected with a games file legit verification. I'am very familiar with this type of cheat which was used occasionally by cheaters in our special open events run by our rFactor league. Those cheaters were always booted from our servers!

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    alex bonner, Queequeg and cunnu79 like this.
  6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

we can't do anything about it now, just wait for the ban feature.

7. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

ok then explain to me how someone can just spawn a good 3/4 of the way round an track and speed off like bat out hell ??? the pit was on the other side of map. and no other cars was behind me at the time :confused::confused::confused::confused:

8. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

every software is "hackeable". there is no way to prevent. All the devs can do is to put "roadblocks", and they never are 100% efective.

9. kjelle

kjelle Racer

I'm perfectly happy and relaxed with others being faster than me, and have better skills. In fact I know many of you do. Not happy with someone flying through the start grid in less than a second after start, when all the rest of us are struggling to get grip in first gear... I'm also pretty sure that a better racing line didn't benefit on the start strait on N-ring...

cunnu79 likes this.
  10. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

I've seen someone jumping the start lights.. that sure wasn't lag. I was mid filed on the grid. He came screaming past me and cleared the front of the grid while there was still red lights up...
    I was a bit high at the time so I'm not going to testify what I saw in court mind you...

11. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Ahaha, smoking in the pits;)

Dick Forrest, cerebus23 and Queequeg like this.
  12. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Well, for leagues (that's what matters to me), the host usually has a download package for everyone to use. And some sort com anti-cheat on server side can auto-kick when car/track (even skins, maybe) are not the same server has.

So, it is just a matter of having server side control of this. Don't ask me how though :)

Andemagre likes this.
  13. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

is partially true in the sense that the server checks if your installation file that you have is the same, but is not able to check inside the individual files for find any cheat. is a problem that also afflicts rfactor or gtr2

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

rFactor is the paradise of cheaters, that's the only plague that ruins the fun on it...

15. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

true! the best choice would be to host the traces on the server, each driver will download the track from the server to a temporary folder

16. baboon

baboon Alien

Well, for now AC is a paradise for cheaters.

cunnu79, Mogster and Rui Santos like this.
  17. Rui Santos

True also...

18. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

It's ever an alpha version...

cunnu79 and Rui Santos like this.
  19. Rui Santos

The way people cheat in rFactor is by a RAM cheat, don't know very well how it works but it gives something like more grip, less fuel, something like that, and i think it works outside the game files...

20. baboon

baboon Alien

Think about the livetiming hotlappers too. It was exploitable from the start, not sure if still is but I guess so.