1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it possible that someone is using speed hacks???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 14, 2014.

1. Andemagre

Andemagre Racer

No, it work by editing the local file... each pilot download a package of files to enter the competition... as it happens on GTItalia... even if you use their installer

2. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

at the end of the day , it doesn't matter what sort of protection you have nothing will stop anyone to hacking/cheating etc by these scum bags . iracing had hackers on,rfactor just to name some

3. baboon

baboon Alien

Sure it matters. It makes a difference whether it's super-easy to cheat or hard.

4. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Its is indeed super easy and for that im not racing online for now. Also gave up on registering scores on RT and RSR since it is ridiculously easy to increase your grip through the ini files and make laps at 300km/h

Rui Santos likes this.
  5. baboon

baboon Alien

Yup, I don't think it was a good idea to leave this exploit in the game for so long. It's already compromising peoples enjoyment of hotlapping and multiplayer and will only get worse when it spreads more.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

but cheaters never win.....except on the internet.

some hash checks would be nice. lest to keep the ini files valid. for the track at the very lest.

get creative with it game detects a cheat you start the drive with zero fuel sit in pits and wonder what went wrong.

7. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

EVERY software his hackeable, every sim, including iRacing.

The same guys who crack a game could be the same who can make cheats. Its like a burglar, the "cracker" would enter into the house by the window, unlock the front door and tell everyone "that house is open". The cheater would use the same window to enter the house but instead of opening the door he would change the hour in the clock, or turn off the lights in the rooms, once inside he can mess with anything.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Nearly every game got cheats and this cant be stopped.
    Sad truth and thats why Stefano didnt wasted time on this.
    You cant STOP cracker/hacker/whatever you call them. :confused:

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

So this makes RSR hotlap times meaningless then???

Well apart from the handful of times that are from people I trust to have not edited the files.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Not all of them but for cleaver guys it might be real hard to sort out the cheated ones vs the real ones of course there wil be the easy ones to spot like the guys that are doing laps way under the "norm" and hitting stupidly high top speeds. But tweaking a fuel load here or grip levels there it makes rsr alot less reliable.

I did half wonder what would would happen changing friction levels and doing stuff online would do but never messed with it, nor messed with the default stuff, guess we know that some of it works.

Whatever happened to good ole punkbuster. :p

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, James Hunt did:D

cunnu79 likes this.
  12. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

I haven't read the full thread, but we have an anticheating system in RSR Live Timing, and we are checking when someone changes something that is influencing his performance.

When we say that we follow every step you make, is because we mean it! We are perfectly aware of who is doing what. Don't worry about it.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

There was a time people were making impossible times, and nothing was done, anyway hope you guys are solving that, maybe create a software that detects if you've changed/used something illegal...

14. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Lets take an example

Do you really think that 1 guy in RT and RSR mastered all cars and tracks to the point of making 68 world records with more than 1 second to the second place in all of them?

Cheers to that!

[​IMG]

kolbenfresa and Rui Santos like this.
  15. horstmannhid

horstmannhid Gamer

As far as I know RSR uses some kind of file check of the importest files. So it isn't as easy as you say. But nothing is impossible. In my opinion that doesn't make any sense because you only betray yourself.

16. Andrea Lojelo

we had an issue that we've thought it was fixed in 2.0.0.13 but wasn't and it was finally gone in 2.0.0.14.
    I'm referring to FIX: wrong combo selected by the app in few cases
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing-v2-0-014.606/

17. Andrea Lojelo

that's the most super easy thing to be checked by our anticheating system.
    We have a lot of checks on multiple things, and for sure we don't have a 100% coverage of the possible cheats, but, for now, all the times that we had some weird laptimes, we could get reason for that: a bug on our side or in AC (like some aerodynamic error in some weird configurations, that was then fixed on our request), or something logged as cheat by our app.

We take this very seriously, since we want to have, for our championships, something we can rely on.

18. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Hey man I'm not trying to destroy your work here. I use RSR and RT and I love how the community can create and manage their own mods to measure performance and compete between eachother.

I'm just trying to point the way to the fair and square racing.

19. Andrea Lojelo

I almost forgot. Please cheat on purpose using our app, contact me in pm telling me what you've done and I'll show you what we tracked. If we will get all, you will be happy. If we don't we will be even more happy, since we can improve our app.
    There is no need that you improve your lap. Waiting for your feedback

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

in that case ill check around for cheat engine hacks that would be the most vulnerable place like most said memory editing. i would hope you have the inis covered friction wise and etc.