1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it possible that someone is using speed hacks???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 14, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think the aids are faster as I dont use any and havent seen anyone much faster online without simply out driving me. Sure the real aliens are quicker but I can generally get top 5 to 10 times if I have a bit of a crack on rsr.

No record laps are set with lots of aids, TC may be quicker in a couple cars but again nearly all record laps arent using it and the only difference between pro rank and non pro records is tyre wear and fuel off plus change in ambient temps with some using ABS in cars that dont have it.

I have seen people cheating by cutting and pitting but have yet to see anyone have more pace then me that wasnt clearly better driving.

Not saying its impossible as if someome really wants to they can hack or cheat at anything. Highly unlikely a better driver would be using such cheats and people that would do so would stand out running bad lines and fast laps.

Racing guys similar pace to me has shown how close it can be as there is no draft as of the last build I used online and so passing is real hard against any good driver. Even if they are a second a lap slower its nit that easy to do.

The funny thing is I have won most races online but those I enjoyed most I didnt win. Or only won by a narrow margin winning easily is pretty boring just like hotlapping so I cant imagine the benefit of cheating to get more enjoyment. Id also need more red bull to stay awake if I was much faster then everyone ;)

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You just want the cheats for yourself as your too slow ;) but obviously everyone faster then me must be cheating too.

/Sarcasm off

I havent seen any times that seem impossible in theory though I still likely cant beat them I can see the same car I am driving has the potential for such times.

Im relatively quick but know there are many way quicker and its not a huge deal for me.

If your fast you can be fast in any car, if you know how to make a setup and drive with alien type precision then you will be quicker then most. I dont have any wr times atm and dont really chase them as it just upsets the aliens and they find even more time putting me further behind.

I dont really check wr times but theres a few guys that are up there consistantly. Do you think someone that can beat you by a big margin in one car will for some reason be much slower in another car.

Mogster and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  3. chilldog

chilldog Gamer

just played an session one person did 3 laps before any one did their 1st lap ,you can't tell me that their is no one using any form of hacks.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I'm starting to think that iRacing maybe is the way to go, it's "cheatable" like all software but it seems it's the most reliable right now and they care about blocking cheaters, because i hate stupid people cheating... when i read those comments my will is gone...

One thing is certain, i will not race in a cheaters paradise...

5. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

well, Iracing is up since 2008, and wasn't like now, in AC we're still in alpha MP, a things will only get better with development and time.
    On good (low ping + low ping players) private servers are really fun, and probably on friday, there're new updates for MP...

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

There is a trainer on one of the cheating sites super speed, super jump, are some of the options in it. Not seen anything tables wise for AC one request for a drift clock stop table but beyond that nothing there.

7. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

AC Update: we have file checks in place to avoid cheating, straight kicks for driving backwards and some basic voting system off to test...

8. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I'd like a GUID-based ban list, ideally one that works on rules.

i.e.

GUID doesn't start with 7656119 -> auto perma-ban.

Seems a lot of pirates use the same 90071996842377217 GUID. 3DMGame as well as others.

alex72 likes this.
  9. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Stay strong Rui! Don't give up on AC that quick. MP has only been out a week or so, it's still very much in BETA, Just relax. There are no real massive leagues or major prizes or anything of that nature going on.
    Think of it as it is supposed to be at the moment. Testing. The AC devs won't want cheaters I can 100% guarantee that. They have priorities, I think optimizing and getting rid of bugs will be main objective. Sorting out rules and security will happen. Just be patient and don't let the cheating fools get to you.
    I'd hate to see someone turn their back on this game when it still is being developed.

Rui Santos and M/\DH/\X like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Did you see him pass you? Were you all in the same car? Its quite likely he used the pit to pass cheat. Wbere if you pit you get put forward direct to the pits if someone did this twice quickly they wouod be on lap 3 before anyone finished one.

Also there have been cuts found on some tracks vallelunga you could do short track when everyone is doing long. Someone said there was a way to shortcut mugello through the infield I think.

These are all known issues and will be adressed, I dont know why people are so insistant on winning. Wbo really cares if someone cheats to beat you atm its beta enjoy your own race and if it gets too much on public servers then find a community to race with.

I suspect most cheaters are pirates too ut if someone is doing this and is a legit customer that wa ts to enjoy mp racing they should realize that their actions are helping to kill off pickup public racing.

Kunos will do all they can to stop these people because they need people to be able to enjoy a casual race, sure skill levels will always vary and some people may just make honest mistakes taking others out even good drivers do this sometimes, but the track cutting and such just upsets too many. Sadly by you guys showing how pissed you are with these guys it just fires them up even more as they enjoy pissing people off. Mostly people that are pretty bad and cant win fair so they just want to ruin it for the others who ruin it for them by being much better then they are.

11. once you notice someone is cheating - just discount them ... if they are in 1st place, that means 2nd place is actually 1st place ... there is nothing tracking any of this - its all how you look at it for now.

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd be happy to race with just the dev's official content if it means the file checks are rigorous.

13. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Cheating is not a problem if you race people that you know. Thats why i prefer real names instead of nicks, its easy to remember "Lewis Hamilton" instead of "BadAssDriver".

I never saw my teammates or friends talk about or be concerned about cheating. But we always run in places where you have to use your real name and stand by it. The only case that comes to mind is of a rl driver that has been caught cheating in n2k3 almost 10 years ago, he never went online again, and last year when someone post some news of him singing a factory drive in WEC the first response was "the cheater?" "yes, the cheater!".

Rui Santos and cunnu79 like this.
  14. Paul Copper

Paul Copper Rookie

I race another sim where all cars on the server take on the main attributes of the server ini, even if it was hosted local like in here. I don't mind people bumping grip and stuff but if it does not apply to all, then it's cheating. In the other sim I do there is a server with increased grip, all cars that join have that same grip, but in here, individual cars are increasing grip giving them that advantage and cheating. I know a lot of the issues are just plain and simple lag and connect things, that can't be helped, but the grip increase can, when a car joins a server it should take on the settings of the server they joined so that everyone is equal.

Rui Santos likes this.