1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY does it still work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 23, 2016.

1. OK, so recorded my input lag with iphone at 240 fps. Seems about 8 frames (from 240/s) of delay, not so bad ;) unfortunately yt change it to 60fps, and dont know how to change speed when loading it, so its at normal speed, but 60fps

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    liakjim likes this.
  2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Where is the 240fps footage?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Jim, isn't game mode in TVs suspicious wrt input lag? Heard many times that it's just loads of eye candy stuff that actually increases the lag in many cases.

Marcin, 8 ms only? Seems very low...according to tomshardware review the Acer Predator Z35 I just ordered has 22ms and was on top of the comparison list with that value.

4. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oZgA7t_ROlZVZpNml0bVFFYU0/view?usp=sharing

Liakjim here :) just didn't know what to do with this file to keep 240, so uploaded it to google drive - I think you will calculate frames better than me - I was using video player - and next frame button...

LeDude83 - seems about 35ms (8 frames, each one about 4ms):) - monitor lag is about 10. So 25 is hardware - quite nice if my calculation were done correctly - waiting for Liakjim

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I can see a video but it seems to be recorded in normal speed.
    Are you doing something wrong?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Nothing wrong with the video. It's normal speed but 240fps. I agree that there's about 8-10 frames between wheel movement and monitor. Maths seems correct as well, ~35ms.

Excellent choice of test track by the way.

marcinmarcin79 likes this.
  7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I think sometimes the high speed effect will only work on the phone, once exported it becomes a normal video. I've had it happen, record a high speed video and then text it to a friend and on his phone it plays as a regular video.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

With these past few improvements in AC the cars feel different and my timing is off.

The AC Cobra was one of my favorite cars. Now it's a twitchy pain in the butt.

The F40 was impossible now a fun drifting drive.

Old road conditions are most rewarding.

I didn't know AC had so much to offer.:p

9. set it to 1

rycil likes this.
  10. Excellent track = excellent choice :) anyway hope that my whining about latencies, ini, hpet etc help someone with achieving so great experience with AC as I have now after one year of trying different settings

vegaguy 5555 and liakjim like this.
  11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

What track is it?

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Looked like Donnington Park to me.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  13. compared a few combination, results:

vsync off cap 121fps - 8-10frames
    vsync off uncap - 8-10 frames
    vsync on uncap - 20 frames
    vsync on cap 60 - 16-18 frames

all of them recorded on 240fps so lag is from about 35ms with vsync off to 70-80 with vsync off. For me enabling vsync gives 2x more input lag...

below links:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7oZgA7t_ROlTHBMVXcxbDBQYVk
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7oZgA7t_ROlRTVKZUd1ZXZsbmM

BTW, all test made on great Donigton Park made for us by BrunUK

BrandonW77 and liakjim like this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

At what is max frame latency?

15. 1 (best settings from my experience)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Just wondering: when vsync is on the fps is always capped to the screen refresh rate. So what was the Hz in this case?

17. also 60 (monitor maximum), somewhere on this forum found that additional cap combined with vsync maks difference

Whitestar likes this.
  18. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Btw, in order to get proper 240fps video (on an S7) I have to first export it to the Video Editor. So I have to press Play (to get the Export option), then press Export. When finished it says that it's exported to Device Storage(or whatever it's called on the English phones, I have Norwegian)/DCIM/Video Editor/. That's where the properly rendered slow motion video is. So that's the file that should be posted on YT.

If I just use the recorded file under SD card/DCIM/Camera and try to play it back in WMP for example then I don't get proper slow motion. It has to be exported to the Video Editor first, IIRC.

19. Each installed app make windows less responsive. That's why I wont install apple on my gaming rig ;)