1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nords Car Setup Tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by iannixxenakis, Jun 29, 2017.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Anyone got any tips for setting up cars for the Nords?

I'm reasonably quick at driving on it but don't really know what I'm doing with setups.

I know it's bumpy compared to GP tracks and has a lot of elevation and camber changes, and that the car should be setup to be not too stiff (or something).

Any parameters I should be looking at for different car types?

E.g. F1, LMP1, GT3, street cars?

Cheers.

2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I do the setup based on the tyre temperature with the tyre app. Air temperature affect a lot how the tyre compound perform. Different type of tyre compound do better, depending of the track condition(air/track temperature) due to the temperature window that is optimal for it, which result a much better grip & lap time. Some work better than other due to their specification. Soft compound generally work better on cold temperature than hard compound. Setups is created to adapt to the specification of the tire compound to the track condition(air/track temperature) & layout.

I did a setup guide on steam, that is easy to understand for gamers & it's specifically made for AC using the official tyre app. No need for subscription, nor have to pay premium to read it. Hopefully reading other setup guides will make more sense I suppose.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912315488

3. iannixxenakis

Thanks, will have a look.

Re track temperature, I always use the RSR pro settings.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With Nords don't worry too much about setup unless your able to consistently run laps within 1 second of your best assuming same conditions, tyre wear and fuel load. If your +- 5 seconds or more each lap then don't worry so much about setup, make the car stable and learn the track better as you will gain much more time then trying an edgy setup change that may gain considerably less then simply running solid consistent laps.

Setup wise its much like any other track as setup is always a compromise. First thing you need is to make the car driveable over a full lap. Gearing, aero are key as is suspension but you can go either way in all these so will depend more on where there is more to gain and less to lose.

You can quite often run very similar times with low or high aero as there are quite a few straights to gain time on but then running lower aero your going to lose out in the twisty sections, for a pure hotlap try both approaches and see where you gain more. In a race your likely to go more for higher speed if net results are much the same as passing someone on dottinger hohe is much easier then between the Karusels which is where the higher aero set will gain most. Suspension wise it needs to be driveable on your chosen line, avoiding big curbs is better then trying to set the car up too soft to be able to ride them here. But it also means you need more precision when attacking a lap as going off line by just a bit will likely end badly.

Tyre choice is also important and this is where you need to always keep an eye on tyre temps and wear, picking the medium compound that will be more stable through a lap will make it easier for you even if the soft may gain a few seconds on a single lap. If one compound is overheating or not getting to temp try another or adjust setup and approach to get the most from the tyre over a lap or even a full race stint.

Berry and iannixxenakis like this.
  5. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

You can end up with a completely different setup for the same track due to the change in air temp. A setup made for 10C is completely different than one made for 26C. Not only the compound will be different, but aero & suspension will also be different.

Uneven PSI can lead to erratic driving & make lap time inconsistent. Setup is about balancing the car to be consistent, so driving is a second matter if you already know what line to take.

Aero & suspension which is dependent to each other when balanced. You will obtain similar lap time but will have a different pace depending of the section in it.

In most cases scenario to keep on the same margin of optimal temperature of the tyre;
    "Decrease the aero, decrease the stiffness, adjust tyre pressure" or "Increase the aero, increase the stiffness, adjust tyre pressure"

Because the stiffness have been change, the car will react more over rumble strip which may compromise you to use different line in very few section.

iannixxenakis likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Add alot of negative camber on road cars. Easy as that.

iannixxenakis likes this.
  8. iannixxenakis

Thanks.

One concrete question: how to set up the LMP-1 cars like 919 or the Audi to ride a bit softer instead of bouncing around on the bumps?

And thanks again Mr Deap, I'm slowly getting through your setup guide.