1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia Geforce 1080 - 1070 announced!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, May 7, 2016.

1. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

colombianomd likes this.
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Deatroy likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

Unless I am looking at something wrong, it tests higher than an overclocked 980 Ti

4. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Mere 5% difference with factory OC 980Ti including 4K and VR tests which were considered to be Pascal's areas of improvement. And overclocking potential on par with AMD cars. That's meh

5. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

It's an apples to Orange comparison you would have to overclock the 1080 to determine the delta. I would think you would want to wait for the 1080 TI (or whatever iteration uses the same GPU but with high bandwidth memory 2) and get more bang for your buck than getting this card. It doesn't do well at all the games at 4K ...for my purpose I rather get the 1070 and just use it for 1080 resolution VR... It will be awhile before we get 4k VR displays although that would be awesome. Some of the APIs are talking about using one video card for each eye; therefore, in theory you get two 970 and run it up hi-rez. But they probably want us to upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. 1070 is what I plan on buying, hopefully before the end of the year.

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

same, my 680 is slowly losing its edge and i want to run AC in 4k

8. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I purchased a 1080 this morning from Nvidia. It shipped this afternoon and will be delivered on June 2. I will put it in my rig run the AC benchmark on my rig and compare it with my current card which is a 970 OC. I will share the results here. I run a single 4K monitor at 60 fps with low medium quality settings. I have a i7 4820 @ 4.5 MHz(OC) so have decent CPU headroom to see what the 1080 can do.

grandepunto, rycil, GTHQ_koop and 6 others like this.
  9. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

Over clocking the 1080 would be a good start and the guy at hardware canucks got the core to 2000 MhZ... With a faster architecture that smokes big maxwell in two ways. First, in sheer performance (the minimum fps in some games equaled the average fps for a reference 980 ti). Second, you have to remember drivers are not even optimized for this card. Think about the performance increase on the 970 from early drivers to now... Also, VR options are better for this card and I am not sure it can be brought into maxwell. If it could, I probably will keep my 980 ti for another year. Otherwise I will get a 1080. It already runs 4K better than a Titan X so it is an upgrade. And my needs are 1440p maxed out AAA titles at over 60 fps (which the 980 ti does splendidly) and VR with a high level of AA to reduce edges and increase immersion. Preferably I would like to use DSR with VR and that is where the new algorithms for the 1070/80 come in handy since you would only need to render a single 4K image and warp it to the screen instead of two. Pretty neat.

Expensive year this one... If I can ditch my 980ti for 400 pounds I am looking at 100~200 for the gfx plus 500 for the rift. But it has to be done... XD

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

colombianomd likes this.
  10. Only problem with that is that a 1070 will either outperform, or at least give close to the performance of the 980Ti, and do it for well under 300 pounds.

colombianomd likes this.
  11. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I know... This new gen wrecked **** up. And not like the 970 to the 780 ti which came from the fact that nVidia dropped support. This new gen packs more of a punch than Connor McGregor!
    I guess I can always hold to my poor 980 ti for a while more I guess...

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That's a very sound advise, esp for 980 users.

13. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Bought one last night after a fight with the wife about money...My hobby, my money :D

victor86 likes this.
  14. That graph surprises me. After all the hype, I was expecting the GTX 1080 to be significantly more powerful than a 980Ti. The difference exhibited on that graph is negligible.

15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

16. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Actually you are completly wrong.
    NV just gains this speed due the producer firm TSMC. We jumped over 20nm FinFet process. We took now 16!nm Finfet, which already alone gives this performance boost and lower power consumption.
    If you clock the 1080 on the same speed like 980(ti) you can see the pure architecture performance gain. Its really low, only in VR we see big gains due new hardware implemented.

Surely 1080 can gain via drivers, but its more likely that the gtx900 series get worse support like happend with GTX700 series :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

V8_KB likes this.
  17. unknwn

unknwn Alien

10x0 has a new (hardware) scheduler added (that ATI had for quite a few years already) that will allow to gain performance with asynchronous rendering when using DX12 and etc. From what I have seen it can gain ~20% performance just because of this. 9x0 and older series shows performance decrease while with async.

colombianomd and Miguel B. like this.
  18. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

Actually, it is not that low. Remember a 980 ti has a lot more cuda cores and mature drivers matter a lot. Look at 970 benchmarks in the beginning and now. You have some 20% performance delta which is a lot. And part of the advantage of finfet is the insane clock speeds achievable. 2K MHz is just insane. And that is stock cooler. Imagine what custom boards like Galax, gigabyte and Asus will be able to do...

colombianomd likes this.
  19. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

It seems thermal throttling is an issue unless you bump up the fan with this card. The EVGA non founders edition 1080 doesn't exhibit this.
    But this is nothing new when over clocking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Miguel B. likes this.
  20. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

Of course if you OC, you have to put up with higher fan noise. Good news is that the noise is lower on this cooler than on the previous ones (Jay said that at 80% this new cooler is quieter than the previous one at 50%) and is more efficient thanks to a vapor chamber. But yeah, I am going to wait for custom board partners to do their magic and see the results. I am thinking on reducing to a small form factor since I need the space which means a blower fan might actually be good. We will see.