1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia Geforce 1080 - 1070 announced!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, May 7, 2016.

1. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I know :( but the nVidia offerings were so much better when I built my PC...

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Do you guys know that AMD Polaris (small chip) is only the gtx1050-1060 competitor? AMD Vega (big chip) is the competitor against GTX1070/1080... and he is coming later for one reason:

AMD wants and needs marketshare in OEM sales, what just matters.
    We buy custom cards of midclass >970/390, but the money and mass hangs out around 750ti till gtx960/r9 380, mostly in OEM/notebook market.

So dont get expectation of polaris which doesnt fit.
    AMD releases first entry class.
    NV released midclass.

The next 2 years they have completly different release cycle.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

colombianomd likes this.
  3. LRM

LRM Simracer

Polaris are also aimed for the mid range classe (entry level mid range), the biggest polaris will probably be priced below 300$ for average 15% less performance than Nvidia 1070, the price/performance ratio will be way better for those who are still using 1080/1440p monitors.

The majority of sales are at ~300$ price range, so thats why they are coming with polaris cards first.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

All I read about Polaris are rumors/guesses and there isn't much that we know (and NDA ends on 29th according to leaked pic), and from what I've read 480 should be around performance of GTX980 so 480 or 480x is probably what I'll aim for (depends on the price and general performance/$ ratio).
    But if someone is aiming for high-end then yeah, I'd wait for AMD's answer and then decide. Right now it's all HYPE HYPE.

Guess Polaris/Vega should get its own thread, as we are going OT I guess.

5. LRM

LRM Simracer

[​IMG]

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/le...adeon-rx-480-at-5-5-tflops-and-8gb-gddr5.html

5.5TFLOPS vs 6.5TFLOPS for the 1070, but again the perf/price ratio will decide the winner.

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah and again "leaked slide show..." I'll patiently wait till the cards will be released and various tests will be done. All those leaked news don't excite me and I don't really care about that and rumors, I just want something confirmed. Thanks for the link though, don't think I'm having a go at you or something.

Agree about perf/price ratio. This is the only thing that matters to me and being a blind fanboy of one company or the other is silly IMO. Of course I have my preference between the two, but if one card is much better for similar money then I'm not getting something worse, just because of a "logo".

Deatroy and Miguel B. like this.
  7. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I totally agree. AMD needs to pull their act together and deliver tangible performance increases and not slide show their way forward. Heck, judging by those specs, the 480 could be a rebadged 390x with gddr5x memory and some software improvements.

Well, at least they are not making movies of themselves smashing nVidia cards with a hammer.

8. LRM

LRM Simracer

Rebadged 390x with less than 150w power consumption ?... we are dealing with an all new 14nm entry-mid range chip, With only no "X" GDDR5 tho, and that is probably a leaked presentation of tomorrow computex AMD show, so lets wait for tomorrow and see if those "leaks" are true.

btw, even if the AMD products will be disappointing, I don't consider that an excuse to pay premium price for a simple mid range pascal chip.

9. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I am no fanboy for nVidia. But AMD has been below par for the last couple of gens. I didn't spot the power consumption but from the data points it seems to have the same characteristics as a 390x. Which is good news for AMD if they are able to put that out there. But I will wait for hard evidence. I am also inclined to get the most bang for the buck I can find. It will need to outperform my 980ti especially in VR. And if the new 10x0 series VR advantages are software and not hardware, I will defiantly keep my 980ti. It does exactly what I want except increased quality VR. But the Rift is out of order until August and I have holidays so in September I will see what is out or not.

LRM likes this.
  10. LRM

LRM Simracer

To be honest with you, Since am seeing a huge drope in kepler's (600-700 series) support from Nvidia and how the a simple 290x which was bellow the 780ti can now outperform it in most modern games, I am more inclined to switch to AMD side even if they offer less performance, I am not one of those who change their GPU every 6 months, so durability seems advantageous for AMD and it's very important point for my next GPU upgrade.

11. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Gotta love how they advertise worse power delivery (1x 6-pin) as a positive perk. :D

colombianomd likes this.
  12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

As far as I see in the benchmark thread, for those with matching FPS numbers and/or settings there's noticeably higher CPU usage reported for the guys with AMD cards. So your CPU might once become the bottleneck (especially when racing against AI). I'd rather upgrade just the video than CPU, MB and possibly RAM which might total nearly as much as a high-end GPU and is a lot more hassle for sure

13. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Negative. Not a rebadged. Not a bad price either at $199. Linus might be one of the first to post benchmarks. I'll gander that it will just match the 970 performance.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

Yes, it is not a rebadge. My point was just to indicate that AMD has let people down in the past so I will wait for hard evidence. I will say that I will gladly eat my words.
    Regarding performance, there are no miracles. A 150 dollar difference seems a lot for similar performance. It could be but I seriously doubt it. It will be a good performer if the characteristics "leaked" can be believed. Similar to a 390/390X which is already very, very good for basically a 380 replacement. But I will wait for hard data before I jump on the hype train.

15. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I received my GTX 1080 FE today and installed it in my sim racing PC replacing the GTX 970 OC that I had been using previously. I run a i7 4820 3.7 ghz liquid cooled and over clocked to 4.6 ghz. My monitor is 4k at 60hz. AC is the only racing game that I have been able to run at full resolution and maintain 60 fps. I do this by having AA off and medium settings on most of the quality sliders.

I purchased the 1080 primarily so I would be able to have the highest quality possible when my Oculus Rift arrives later this summer.

The 1080 installed without issue beyond the normal USB/AC controller issues that seem to occur when you change out critical hardware. It is a longer card and much heavier than the 970 it replaced.

I benchmarked the 970 immediately before I replaced it with the 1080.

AC VERSION: 1.6.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=98 MIN=51 MAX=128 VARIANCE=1 CPU=53%

LOADING TIME: 17s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (3840x2160)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 8
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:1X AF:2X SHDW:1024 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:0 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

I did no OC or tuning on the 1080, simply installed it and ran the benchmark again.

This is the 1080 results.

AC VERSION: 1.6.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=133 MIN=67 MAX=166 VARIANCE=6 CPU=68%

LOADING TIME: 16s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (3840x2160
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 8
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:1X AF:2X SHDW:1024 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:0 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

The score increased by about 40%, I expected more of an increase but this is still a pretty big jump. The CPU was being more heavily utilized moving from 53% to 68% but still has headroom. The avg frames moved from 98 to 133. More importantly the minimum moved from 51 to 67 producing smoother running noticeable at the crowded corners.

Since 4k at 60 fps is about equal to the Rift at 90 fps I think this card will be a worthwhile investment. I will do some overclocking and see what the benchmark looks like with that.

16. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Explain these issues with USB/AC controller. Should I have be fear with my USB ports?

17. hazardic

hazardic Alien

What is 1080 FE? Is it a promo?
    Btw when will 1080 be commercially available?

18. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Nothing to do with the card itself. I had to reinstall the drivers for my Fanatec Wheel (CSWv2), Pedals (CSP v3 and the Shifter (CSS-SQ) and then reset the controller links inside AC. I'm not sure why this happened but I've had to reset AC controller links previously when I made changes to the system.

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  19. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

The 1080 is available but in short supply. The FE stands for Founders Edition which is basically the "reference card" manufactured directly by Nvidia. They are also sold by vendors that manufacture GPU using Nvidia chips. The FE cards are all that have been actually released in the market but other cards have been announced and can be preordered from the normal Nvidia partners.

hazardic likes this.
  20. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

To answer the promo question, I would say it's more exactly the opposite, i.e a €80 premium to get a card whose cooling is not as good as other cards, but about a month before everyone else. In short, "genius" marketing once again...

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk