1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Owners of Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Xreasonz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Hey guys !

Just ordered my Clubsport V2 pedals.

Any tips or things i should watch for that could save me lots of trouble while setting up?
    For example i noticed it has 2 different Oils for the damper, but how big is the difference between the 2 fluids?
    And what could i use as replacement for that oil?
    Upgrading from a G25 Pedals.

Thx on advance !

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals To Fanatec Podium owners Jun 12, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec owners : Software v289 is now official. Jun 22, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec gt2 rim "smell" gt2 rim owners ! Oct 19, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Server Owners Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions disgraceful treatment for consoles owners Aug 5, 2020
    Console Lounge Kunos, will you share the love with console owners in ACC? Jun 2, 2020
    Console Lounge ACC Console Discount for PC Owners? May 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Call to AMD GPU owners/CHILL or not CHILL? Aug 3, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T150 owners post your settings here Mar 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions 1080ti owners - 4k performance Oct 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Wheel Owners on Steam Sep 26, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Htc Vive Pro Owners for sharing settings and improvements Apr 19, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Accuforce Owners Settings Dec 20, 2017
    Suggestions Race with non DLC owners Sep 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room direct drive wheel owners: where do you live? (Germany?) Jul 18, 2017

3. ronzer

ronzer Gamer

The new ones only come with one oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Ah so only 1 choice of viscosity.
    But that oil, is it just normal brake fluid? or what is it ?

5. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

As the damper looks like one from a radio controlled off road truck I guess it's just silicone damper oil

A model shop should sell various viscosities

Xreasonz likes this.
  6. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Yeah i just read that it is indeed silicon based. Man, can't wait till they arrive. Must be a huge difference next to the G25 pedals.

Colt Rogers likes this.
  7. Dodger77

Dodger77 Racer

A good choice! I use the CSP V2 for about a year and they are worth every single Euro. In my opinion the best pedals you can buy!

8. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

I have been thinking of buying these for a while now. One question....

I read that these pedals have ffb of some kind, can owners please share their experience with this feature in AC

Thanks

Colt Rogers likes this.
  9. Brake pedal rumble.... not ffb ;)

10. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

I got them 2 weeks ago and i'm getting the gt3 RS wheel tomorrow (damn you Kunos :) )

When you're filling the damper, unscrew the whole cover from the bottle, so you can quickly pour the oil into it. Squeezing it drop by drop takes WAY too long.

No complaints, except for the long throw of the throttle pedal, but I solved that by mounting some plate behind the pedal, which stops the travel. I have them mounted at 20 degrees angle, since the default position is quite sloped. They require some ergonomics fiddling to find a good spot. The black plate can be removed for easy access to front mounting holes. I also recommend moving the clutch pedal plate to the left.

I keep the brake pressure at 9 on the pedals and 85% in AC. So far i love how perfect you can execute heel&toe downshifts because you can always keep the same pressure on the brake while blipping the throttle with your heel.

Xreasonz likes this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There is a "How to Video" on the Fanatec website that shows you how to properly fill the damper. I believe the link is at the lower section on the V2 pedal page.

Xreasonz likes this.
  12. justDrive

justDrive Racer

If you have windows 8, you may run into a problem where the usb keeps getting unrecognized and recognized over and over, look at the faq's for the CSP V2 to find the fix. But they are probably going to be the best buy for your sim racing experience compared to anything else.

13. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Running win 7 x64 prof. I've had a look over at Fanatec. What worries me is that apparently they have issues with after sales service.
    Don't know if that is still the case thou.

Pedals are send :D They are delivering fast it seems.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If you do have issues with the pedals, just be sure to follow the rules and you should be fine. You might have to jump through a few hoops along the way.:)

15. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@Xreasonz

Can you post a lil' review of them when you get them? Am likely to be replacing my G25 at some point (the throttle pot's getting jumpy) and the new Clubsports are top of the list at the moment.

Sorry, but I point blank refuse to shave my legs!

Oops, wrong site.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  16. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Got them in the mail yesterday, its a serious change to what i was used to for all these years. My first lap times where 2-3 seconds slower . . . Still getting used to them thou
    Made some changes allready, removed a nut on the Clutch pedal because it was way to stiff.
    Angled the pedal faces differently.
    And slightly angled the Throttle to be more heal toe friendly.

Once you get them set up they do feel amazing, but it does take some adjusting (for me personally)

Backmarker likes this.
  17. I had mine a week or so ago and after g25 pedals they feel strange but i dont lockup anymore , u will get used to them tho so dont worry . Is anyone using any thinner oils ?

18. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I notice i have the tendency to brake sooner for some strange reason. Got close to one of my personal records today, still 7 tenth's off but getting there.
    Ive noticed that on the abarth 500, that the brakes really bite.
    You can brake fairly late but i have to keep telling my mind that its ok to wait to brake :D

19. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

I went from a G27 to the CSP V2s in 2012. The brake took some getting used to, but after a couple of weeks I found my laptimes to be extremely consistent (but still slow! haha) compared to the G27 pedals.

some day i hope to upgrade to the HPP pedals....from what I have read the brake on the HPP is really really hard and the pedals need to be mounted in a rig? I do not have a gaming rig so ATM the are not too usable on the floor...need to get on the net and in my brain to see if I can find a good solution for floor mounting
    http://www.hppsimulation.com/

20. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

So are you saying that your laptimes are slower as compared to G27 pedals? Or was that just a general insertion :D
    And yeah those other pedals look amazing, but it needs to be hard mounted for sure.
    mind you i don't have a rig. So that is not an option right now.
    Will save up to get myself an obutto R3volution. Hopefully this year.

21. When I upgraded from stock DFGT pedals to CSR Elites (very similar to Clubsports) I thought I had wasted my money for a couple weeks....I was slower and mad as hell about it. Once I got used to them I fell in love and couldn't imagine sim-racing without them.

Phil64 and Xreasonz like this.