1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Owners of Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Xreasonz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Sorry for bringing this thread up but i have almost decided to buy these pedals. it feels a bit weird since they are much more expensive then my wheel (dfgt) but i have felt in love by watching reviews etc and i think this will pretty much be a one time cost.
    Will probably do my order this month or next but i would love to hear your opinions about these pedals and AC which is the game i will use them for mostly.

unfortunately the clubsport shifter SQ doesnt get in stock until 2015-02-28 but I can wait for that..

So, you guys who have been using them for a while, could you give me some pros and cons? Even if they talk about this in reviews its nice to hear from the people actually using them on a daily (?) basis.

Backmarker likes this.
  2. pros: well they're really nice
    cons: the damper fluid leaks.....at least for me it did....

3. Doesn't matter if you get the CSP1, CSP2, or Clubsport Elites; it will be the best bang for the buck you can spend in sim racing IMO.

Backmarker likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks for the answer guys. That they leak oil doesnt sound that good tbh and I have been reading more people having those issues.

If your steam profile is correct you both live in the us but how long did it take for you to get your pedals after order? I live in eu but it should tell me something if it take a week or a couple of weeks at least.. i will do the "standard delivery".

5. IDK....2 weeks sounds right.

By the way, you should order the shifter now, with my experiences with fanatec, ordering before it's in stock is always a better idea.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think i have that kind of cash to pre-order it now. It will cost 217.07€ including shipping and with christmas coming up etc its a bit much money. But thanks for your advice, i will probably do it in January so its at least pre-ordered.

7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

The shock woes are a Cheap fix with a Mugen Shock from ebay. I wouldn't let that deter you from getting the V2's. They are Awesome pedals.

Tucker73 likes this.
  8. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

after 2 years I changed out the shock for a mugen mbx7, I also moved the pushrod up to the third hole on the pedal arm, swapping out the shock is simple and the mugen fits right in, one of the best and cheapest upgrades ive done, feels suburb, stiffer and more precise

Attached Files:

• mug1.jpg
      mug1.jpg
      File size:
      105.5 KB
      Views:
    Nick Moxley likes this.
  9. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

I knew you would love it paul. ;);)

10. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

Pro:
    better resolution than logitech pedals
    Pressure-sensitive loadcell braking superior to logitech pedal-position braking - consistent and later braking lap after lap after lap using "muscle memory"
    Cheapest loadcell brake on the market (no, i think the csr elites are loadcell brake?) - next most expensive loadcell on sale now is the 2-pedal HPP at ~$700.00USD!
    You can adjust pedal throw, pedal plate positions, and lots of other stuff
    full metal construction
    FFB on brake pedal to indicate wheel lockups
    Can place pedals on floor (i don't have room in my office for a simrig)

Con:
    a bit "delicate" and need to be unplugged and then plugged back in to keep working.
    in 2 years of use I have had to replace the throttle poistion sensor and the brake loadcell - easy to do but a PITA (my logitech pedals were bulletproof!)

In summation: the brakes can be a pain from time to time, but for the price they are simply one of the best pedal sets available! I would highly recommend the Fanatec CSP V2 pedals!
    :)

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really dont like that I will need to change parts after a while but if its easy I guess there will be no problem (i hope :(). Thanks everyone for the answers!

12. the_prodigy

the_prodigy Racer

Hi, can you write the exact model or link where you got it? Thanks

13. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

14. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Look at the load cell as a wear item, If you run the load cell amp maxed out, Applying 50lbs Each and every braking application, thing's eventually wear out. They are just Basic Weatherstone load cell. They aren't technically meant for some of the abuse some can put on the pedal.

And Fwiw they are 8$ for 4 of them on Ebay and you can Add your own connector's for 2$ and you have 4 spare load cells for under 15$ and a little soldering work. Links can be provided if needed.

Backmarker likes this.