1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Owners of Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Xreasonz, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

yes, i was making a joke and meant I am a slow pilot in general. With the G27 my lap times varied by a lot, often 1 - 2 seconds! but with the CSP V2 pedals loadcell brakes I soon noticed my braking and throttle could be very consistent and I could make several laps within 0.2 seconds of each other.

And like Michael said, after a few weeks I was faster with the CSP V2s than with G27 setup, but nowhere close to being "fast." :)

2. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Okay then, trying to get more laps under my belt with these pedals.
    Hopefully within a month, i can nail down those laps again.

3. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I found myself immediatelly fast with the CSPV2 but I was already used to the load cell of my modded g25 pedals (but the way the brake pedal is using the load cell in the csp is waaaaaay better than the fixed pedal with the pastore's mod). And even if as everyone else I was really looking for the new brake the tingh that shoked me more was the gas pedal. Never been so good in dosing the gas, a lot better of both g25 and t500 (probably thanks to the HALL sensor)

Xreasonz likes this.
  4. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I agree, the gas pedal is so much more better then the one on the G25. And for the first time i use shoes when Driving. Tried my CSP V2's without shoes but it was much harder to do the job well.
    But that load cell is so close to real braking it does change the way you brake in the sim. I was used to positional braking instead of force used.

I'm starting to get used to it, can get consistent laps now. Still way of my previous lap times but consistency is much more important atm as i'm relearning every corner basicly.

Also removed the spacer behind the Throttle pedal to be able to Heal toe better. Got to love the adjustability of these pedals.

This has to be the best purchase i have done so far for sim racing, Probably trumps buying another wheel.

5. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

For heal and toe I moved the brake pedal one spot on the right (basically putting the screw in the holes of the left side looking the pedal from the front) without moving the spacers. I still drive without shoes, but I keep the load cell trigger on low values (right now 3 for AC, 5 for others sims). For me the only downside of the load cell is that it makes a lot harder to trail braking. With the potentiometer pedals it was very easy to slowly realease the brake while turning in, with the load cell is a bit harder even if I'm using it from a while (but as I already wrote the way the brake uses the load cell in csp is much better then in other modded pedals where you are pressing agaist a brake that doesn't move at all)

6. effemau

effemau Gamer

Started my sim experience with CSP v1 and recently moved to v2. Both are great!

7. Xez

Xez Simracer

I had the same experience moving up from my G27 pedals with the Nixim mod to the ClubSport V2's. Now I've had them for about 3 weeks, I'm totally used to them and they are a definite step up.

8. justDrive

justDrive Racer

9. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

" With 136kg or 300lbs max force, this pedal easily requires 36x more effort than regular consumer grade brake pedals. Braking using muscle memory improves accuracy and consistency."

What's with all this huge brake pressure and stiffness, some sort of self-hurting contest? Your knee will snap long before you reach the max pressure.

10. Eric

Eric Simracer

Had a few issues with Fanatec gear in the past. They have always been responsive and treated me very well. Problems were rectified quickly. Nothing but good things to say about the service and repair. Hope that eases your mind. Good purchase IMHO. I love mine

11. Problem with my setup is i use a swivel chair and a wheelstand pro and beause the brake pedal is so much stiffer than the g25 i feel like im pushing the chair back lol , one day ill get a proper rig i hope ! But they are well made pedals .

Backmarker likes this.
  12. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Well some current racing cars actually require that much braking force to get full lock up. When left foot braking with a solid mounted rig I don't think it would be "as hard" to achieve max force BUT that is just it's advertised max force, what's so amazing about this set is the accuracy plus customizability. You can make this set feel exactly how you would want it to, even get it to the point for professional driving teams they can tune it perfectly to what their car actually outputs.
    I'm really just dreaming, these pedals are for the extremists/ teams.

13. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

14. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

Hello all.. I am really close to pulling the trigger and buying these clubsport v2 pedals. To owners.. have you experienced any leaking issues with the oil in the damper? I am a little concerned and was wondering what would happen if I didn't fill the damper with oil and just left it as is.. would my pedal function properly?

Thanks

15. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

te=piritofsenna, post: 96227, member: 15685"]Hello all.. I am really close to pulling the trigger and buying these clubsport v2 pedals. To owners.. have you experienced any leaking issues with the oil in the damper? I am a little concerned and was wondering what would happen if I didn't fill the damper with oil and just left it as is.. would my pedal function properly?

Thanks[/quote]
    No problems with the oil here (be sure to close the tank properly ). In any case the pedal will work also without oil

16. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Funny you mentioned this...

I've just put in oil couple of weeks ago, I just completely forgot when they arrived about a year ago.
    They work perfectly without oil ;)

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Guys if you want for 35-40$ you can ditch the POS stock shock in favor of something that will not only hold oil indefinitely but will actually respond to different viscosity's of fluid and allow you to play with different spring's available locally (Hobby store). The stock shock is either a single hole or 2 hole piston and the Fitment of the piston to the Shock body is Poor at best resulting in crazy amount of blow by.

More info can be found here about the shocks and the Load cell's on the Cheap.
    http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/12267-club-sport-pedals-v2-shock-replacement-suggestion/

Current Link for shocks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MBX7-ECO-RE...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af87e5e8f

Load cells

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H37-4x-Body...148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461b69207c

Connectors for load cells

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3808a71e

Tucker73 likes this.
  18. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

I don't know why the oil is needed but yes, seems many don't even bother. I used it from day one... still there ;)

Great pedals. I have the loadcell dial at 7.

19. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

After using the CSP V2's for 2 year snow I can say that they are by far and away of the highest quality out there. The adjustability is great and it took me a long while of testing to get the perfect heel/toe angle and spacing. Once you have them setup to your driving style they are very rewarding and work every single time you fire up the sim.
    Most importantly after 2 years of quite regular use (3-4 times per week for several hours) they are still in the same shape as the day I removed them from the FANATEC pedal bag. Love FANATEC and their products even though some have had issue with customer service, although they have been great the only time I had to return a shifter.
    Overall you can't go wrong with the CSP V2's. The quality, reliability, and performance are second to none, especially in this price range. Enjoy them and here's to fast laps!

20. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

My CSP's v2 stopped working yesterday...

Contacted CS already so lets hope I can drive again at the end of this week ;)