1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pagani Huyuiuaaaoouriuugh first impressions!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Mar 14, 2014.

1. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

Awesome car I love it

Kristaps, Berserker223 and Bailey like this.
  2. softgrip

softgrip Alien

Someone forgot to make the Huayra fun to drive (regardless of tyre).

*edit*
    Hmm just read about turning the ABS off - I'll try that.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  3. petesky

petesky Simracer

so hard to judge the speed aurally...at 200km/hour it sounds like I'm going at 100km/h, the thing sounds like the new F1 cars! :D

4. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

Like the car a lot, AC does a fantastic job with it. Huge power, weighty which demands respect in transferring the same around, neutral handling, and an epic engine. It's not a race car, but it is a lot of fun, and challenging and thrilling in same sort of way the F40 is on the limit (ok not quite but not entirely dissimilar). My main gripe is the gear box, closer shorter ratios would be better.

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

But then it would not be the same as real one, and with that torque, as Chris Harris says - 'you only need 3 gears'

Berserker223 likes this.
  6. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Love the car. Truly what an exotic supercar (for the road) is really about. Speed, luxury, blistering acceleration, tons of technology, and brakes to rip your face off.
    Can't really understand how people could start comparing it with race cars. Only driven it on stock tires so far and seems perfect. Plus the active aero flaps blew me away, finding out they are even functional is just the cherry on top.

PS: would choose carbon interior over leather one any day. Too much technology and LCD to go old school with upholstery. :)

Mogster likes this.
  7. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

The interior of this car is ridiculous. The designer needs shooting and all his work ripping into pieces.

The exterior however, is quite nice!

I did a few laps last night at Silverstone and by god, did it take some taming. I was driving it like it was a racecar and wondering why it wobbled and flopped about. Then I realised, it's a bloody road car with road suspension. Drive the M3 E92 in AC and it's the same (but slower obviously). Altered my driving style to suit and put in some good laps.

Job well done me thinks Kunos. :)

It still makes me laugh when people criticise the handling of a car in a game when they have never, and never will, drive one. It's all opinion I know, but I`m pretty sure the devs have a better idea of how the thing handles than we do, as they're likely to do deeper research than your average 'Googler'.

rauf00 and Racing_34 like this.
  8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Drove it, was ok. Then parked it and threw the keys away. Not my cup of tea. Bring in some proper racers next please.

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

When you watch the Stig's Top Gear lap he seems to be tip-toeing, when you drive the AC version you understand why....

Can't wait to drive this at the Nordschleife :)

Digital Aura likes this.
  10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I'm starting to feel this car is going to be my fav. After 6 RSR wr's I'm also feeling pretty confident over longer stints.

11. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Everything kunos touches turns to gold..the brakes the ffb the power just feel spot on. The best bit is the swingcam and watching them flaps flap about mid corner :-D superb

Mogster likes this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The animations are lovely.

13. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I had written it off as well, after trying for 25 minutes to post a clean lap on Nurbs. I went back to it again and put the Traction Control on and the Top Gear Tyres... it's a completely different car. Really loving this car because it's not just something you can jump in and post some laps with... it's got real character and you have to know this car - feel this car - to get the the beast to respond properly.

Festa_PWR likes this.
  14. eobet

eobet Simracer

This probably won't last long:

[​IMG]

What I find cool about Assetto Corsa is that the faster you go, the more of the game opens up. I mean, there's actually more detail and depth to be found the more you drive in this game!

Having driven the car a bit more now, I've come to like it, as I've gotten past the slippery first impression and am now instead battling with a bit of unbalanced wobbliness through corners...

Stefano Pinchetti likes this.
  15. LOL, You can do on semislicks what I can hardly match on TGR, well done ;)

And well said about AC,
    I am starting to expect that whenever I think I don't like some car/circuit I will change my mind as soon as I give them an honest effort, because it just keeps happening.

16. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Well, it didn't, as mine won't too :D
    imola-semi.jpg

Couldn't agree more!

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Just sharing, as some maybe had same experience:

First drive of the Huayra let me a little down, been waiting to drive this baby. An hour into 0.7.5 I just quit AC.
    Next day, fired up AC, drove another known car, and I immediately noticed something was off: sloppy steering, slow and less dynamic ffb than I was used to.
    Found 2 things:
    Vsync was on for some reason, and "max frame" in the dx11.ini was reset to zero!? Must have happened when .7.5 came out, I dunno.
    I put it back to =1, capped frames at 60fps and turned Vsync off, and BOO-YAH! Steering/FFB right back on track, intense, quick and dynamic (even for a G25). Yeah yeah, known issue way back, but I didn't see this reset coming anytime soon.

Needless to say, I went back in the Huayra, and what a difference! I love this car, thank you Kunos! So, incredible how simple inputlag and bad ffb can ruin this game, so remember to check those parameters if you like me was dissapointed at first with the Huayra.

Question:
    Has anyone else noticed that only the front wheels camber/toe and ride hight changes when putting on TG tires? So they're still stock on the rear?

Cheers

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The front tyres have different dimensions. The rears too, but the difference is very slight so the changes are not visible

Thank you, really thank you. You can't imagine the hours and hard work to achieve this and we're so glad that you guys start to appreciate it.

19. stone7752

stone7752 Gamer

Hey Man, its Called HorsePower :)
    All kidding aside I'm the same way you are I only ran it for about 2 minutes (maybe) and LOST IT a Bunch too. I will have't to get some time and Practice Practice Practice ALOT for this Beast!

20. Wow, some of you are so dense. How do you think they "edit" full drifts? I have actually noticed myself how hard drifting seems compared to real life (and driving assetto corsa overall), maybe it is the lack of g-power feedback that makes it so hard?