1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pagani Huyuiuaaaoouriuugh first impressions!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Mar 14, 2014.

1. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

It's not hard to drift this car at all ;)

Except the F40 video, Chris Harris does make it look easy! But with some practice you can do it just the same.

The Moose and Kristaps like this.
  2. My feelings about the car after driving some laps with it:

Downsides
    • A little understeery in slow speeds? The car sometimes seems to understeer in speeds as low as 60km/h :confused:
    • VERY nervous under braking! Starts sailing left and right even under straight braking and needs constant attention to keep under control
    • Has little to no downforce in high speeds: lacks grip you'd expect to have with a supercar in high speed corners
    • Brakes are good but not spectacular
    • Very long gear ratios - I wish these could be changed but understand it is not realistic
    • Ugly interior
    Upsides
    • EXTREMELY fast
    • Low speed oversteer under acceleration happens rarely and is surprising easy to control
    • Beautiful exterior

Overall a challenging car with perhaps more power than control. It has a somewhat muscle car feel to it, but I still like it. I listed more downsides than upsides but it's still overall a good car.

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Depends on the corner, you can't go faster than ~20km/h at 180 degrees hairpin (at Joux for example) no matter how 'super' is your car.
    Never had any problems with that, trust the active aerodynamics , it will stabilize the car for you.
    Check you cornering speeds, this car is faster then 458/mp4, but don't expect GT3 cornering speeds.
    Brakes is as good as it gets in streetcar world, in fact best road car brakes in AC atm
    That's because of engines massive torque band , long gears so it can use those massive 1000Nm, if Hauyra had short gears like 458, then it will be very hard to drive.
    Personal taste, but all the reviewers who have driven the Huayra was stunned by the interior.

Traind and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  4. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

LOL I keep seeing people say "good brakes bad brakes" ..... You realise that all cars in AC have brakes that are capable to lock all 4 wheels at every speed (except T125 on high speeds), there is no brake fade in the sim, the brake pedal has the same feel no matter what car you use because the spring is the same ... You are only talking about the longitudinal grip of the car, this is the only parameter related to braking (downforce and such will change the longitudinal grip).

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

My favorite car (again only with semis) . Its like F40 S3 in steroids.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  6. Ok, the brake thing might not be true, I drove some more and realized it did stop it pretty well. I have been mainly driving racing cars and after doing some laps with my old favorite F40 I suddenly learned to respect the Huayra's braking power :D The cornering though, the car feels really heavy and understeery in slow speeds, in fact the tail doesnt even want to get out to a slide. I have also kept an eye on the high speed corner speeds and it is not "just going faster than all other cars", it in fact is glidy at speeds which dont cause trouble to ferrari or mclaren.

7. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Try a lower gear, as the 'engine brake' effect may be pushing the car through the corners.

Also, give the toe more negative values, that`ll swing the muva round :)

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Its only a street car. Yes supercar but still a street car. For example with semi tires in Silverstone , in is only 3 sec faster than a MP4/12C and 4 sec than a 458 , meaning less than 2% difference.

9. Thanks for the tips buddy, I'll be sure to try that out.

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Poor brakes?
    Very nervous under braking?
    *test was done with semis and default setup.

You tell me...

11. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

That's hardly fair Kris, your fast as buggery!!

12. Never said that and also corrected myself on the brakes. And yes it is nervous under braking, you can't deny it. No other car I've driven in the game sails as much under heavy braking. It is however controllable.

13. The zonda R has Oodles of downforce to aid cornering speed, (Its also a race car the Zonda R is.) If you removed all the leather A/C etc... and added large constant wings Whghhyyyrrraaa would easier be faster I Think..?

14. That is true that its not the commentators actually driving anymore at least. For safety reasons and contracts (the manufacturer's don't want anyone but highly trained race professionals showing off their cars. Also Top Gear doesn't buy the cars they are given the cars by the manufacturers for testing and whatnot.

15. OK, I have some updates on my feelings about the car. I tried driving without force feedback and suddenly the car is no longer nervous under braking at all! I am seriously considering giving up on FFB for good since it seems to f*ck up the handling in some cars :confused:

16. Do you have any proof they don't drive the cars themselves? I could pull hours and hours worth of cockpit footage from top gear that definitely looks like the opposite of what you guys have been stating.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You need to be specific, what are your specs/wheel/settings?

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I use 107% in profiler and 60% gain in AC, I don't have any problems stopping this car in straight line, I can hold wheel with 1 finger while braking, no problems:)

19. Nothing definitive, I just know that after someone crashed almost really badly they stopped having the hosts film the real cool looking (Also dangerous) stuff. The hosts still drive the car but say when the P1 was going around Spa as fast as it could that wasn't actually Jeremy. But Jeremy did drive around Spa, just not as fast as the P1 could go.

20. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

What a gorgeous array of turbos and waste gates.....wish the Huayra in AC sounded this loud inside and outside..

Murf likes this.