1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics/ffb in assetto corsa vs iracing vs real life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Radiantm3, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The wait is long but, not as long as having actually used one and then having to wait knowing what you are missing.:)

kofotsjanne and Leemstradamus like this.
  2. I probably won't win the lottery any time soon considering I haven't bought a ticket in years. Plus if I spent that much money and was still as slow as I am now I wouldn't know what to do with myself; it's bad enough as it is that I am seconds slower than an alien buddy of mine and he is using a DFGT with G25 pedals and a lawn chair.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Seems a normal trend, there're more dfgt aliens than g25/7. They may have other pedals, but the wheel base continues, since the dfgt ffb can be better than the newer logitech wheels. I spent and still spend sometimes more time finding good g27 settings for cars than actually learning to drive properly on a track :/ cri evrytim

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I don't buy them either. I know that you are much faster than I am but, I guess I'm in it for the immersion anyway. Either way, the AF can help greatly with the immersion and many of the Beta-testers reported improvements in their overall race performance due to catching slides and making more saves when stepping over the edge. They say it's due to being able to feel it instead of seeing it happening. I think that it's true, the AF is so much quicker and more responsive than non-DD wheels that I think the higher forces actually enhance our ability to connect with the car and sense through tactile senses faster than sight. I know that I have never felt so connected to the Sim-car before, it just feels like the real deal.

Tim Meuris and Leemstradamus like this.
  5. How comparable is the Clubsport wheel to it? That's something that I might actually be able to obtain someday.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

@Michael Hornbuckle you slow? Get out of here, I've been chasing your times for over a year lol.

@Dean Ogurek the wait is killing me and I didn't know they put the diy quick releases up for sale and missed out. Now I have to wait for the next batch and at the moment ship my formula rim to England to be converted.

Thinking of paying for an iracing membership again just to see what moats have been doing to there's.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I hope that's not a serious question Michael. Michael . . . o_O

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  8. I wish I could try either of them considering that I get completely immersed using my crappy used DFGT....A DD wheel might actually be more real than real

Leemstradamus and yusupov like this.
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

@Leemstradamus: There is one fella on the iRacing forums that is converting his Fanatec F1 wheel for use with the AF. The couple pics he showed looked nice. I might have some concerns about the durability but, probably not with moderate force settings.

I don't maintain my iRacing account normally but, I took advantage of the 3-month special minus my credits to follow the hardware threads and test the Oculus support. 4$ dollars well spent.:)

10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

synthetic is such a great word for it. feels so unnatural to me. i think im way to infrequent a user to 'appreciate' it; it strikes me as a language you can learn & be rewarded for but one thats a lot different from everything else we use.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Seriously, the AF is flat-out amazing. The CSWv1 was a nice bump up from the G25 but, the AF is in a completely different league - apples to baseball bats.

Tim Meuris and Leemstradamus like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

~1700€, so please

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah i think if i ever upgrade my wheel itll be a thrustmaster. would love the pure immersion of a DD (dont care about lap times so much; pedals for that), but i dont think its worth nearly $2000 on my meager budget.

14. In my opinion iRacing has better FFB until the tires slide too much, there it gives very little information, making it very hard to save an important slide. AC FFB is the worst by far of any modern sim, it's just a big spring... it gives a lot of information when the tire loses grip, way too much, so in that regard is better than iR probably, but that's all. Going to GSCE or rF2 after playing AC really opens my eyes every time, the difference is like day and night with the ISI sims, FFB is very superior in every possible area, and rF2 tires are incredibly dynamic. Sadly it runs like crap on my computer.

15. What wheel are you using; I need to know what to never buy....weird how different people feel completely different things in different sim/games.

victor86 and Leemstradamus like this.
  16. yusupov

yusupov Alien

theres obv a big element of subjectivity involved. what DD says can be true & you can still come to a completely different conclusion. ie, i can read that as 'iR FFB is great -- except when it actually needs to be' & 'AC is dull but very useful'. something like that; anyway my main point is getting upset over someones opinion of ffb, provided theyre being genuine as im sure DD is, is pretty silly.

17. I will scratch that off the want list then....In AC I can tell everything the car is doing through my lowly DFGT....In iracing I would be better off unplugging it.

18. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I for the life of me feel the complete opposite. I've asked @Matt orr and others about it and they swear by rf2 but loath ac. Rf2 feels nice but gives no information to me about weight and weight transfer. Breaking is and has been a nightmare for me with their engines since I first bought gtr2. I just don't see or shall I say feel it.

19. Yes certainly subjectivity (and wheel settings, game settings etc) are important. And I don't expect to make friends in a AC forum saying that for me AC's FFB is the worst :D but it is really what I feel. Anyway iRacing FFB is also quite inferior to rF2 and GSCE, for me they are the real reference. Yesterday I drove many sims in a row because I had to set my new pedals, and the feeling difference was huge when I jumped from AC to GSCE; I drove some laps at Johannesbourg with the 70s F1 and all the time I was getting excellent feedback.