1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics/ffb in assetto corsa vs iracing vs real life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Radiantm3, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

ffb&physics
    I liked iRacing alot when i tried it recently
    Game Stockcar Extreme i totally disliked!
    RRRE i liked too, but not not as good as iRacing

But AC has the best cars and is overall better in regards to ffb&physics than everything else. Maybe not so much ffb but especially physics.. the ffb is really good but with room to still improve a bit.

2. I didn't know that, Jos. It certainly does feel different. I beat my BMW Z4 GT3 PB @ Nurburgring GP in my very first race with the G27 tonight, and I may actually have won the race aswell! I was in P2, but then I noticed that I was P1 coming around the final bend. I don't know if this was because the leader had crashed (or more likely been taken out by a back marker), or simply because he left the server the instant he crossed the finishing line.

I started that race in P5. I have since started three more races from the back, and been smashed off the track in all of them. There's a lesson in there somewhere....

3. michael_

michael_ Simracer

There's more resistance on the typically wheel by default. You can simulate this a little bit by adding damping.

Years ago, when people drove capris and cortinas there wasn't power steering in most cheap cars. That meant the wheel was difficult to turn if the car wasn't moving. 3 point turns and parallel parking involved some grunt work. Once you were moving the steering loosened up, but wasn't as loose at straight ahead as the consumer FFB wheels are.

These days (well, for decades now), pretty much every car has power steering, so you can turn the wheels with ease when the car isn't moving, but there's still more inertia than the logitech FFB wheels have.

Presumably race cars will vary and some won't have power steering but that isn't really simulated by most games I've played. Similarly with brakes, in family cars they are very easy to press, some race cars, as I understand it, you stomp hard to stop.

4. D1visor

D1visor Alien

I only drove a car once and it was a 5-Series 518i. Car has no power steering and a lot of steering lock. But doesn't matter how much you turn the wheel, you will feel the tyres. There is no deadzone but it has a lot to do with the steering ratio I would imagine. There is some resistance when driving in a straight line (because you're steering and manipulating the weight) . As in you need to turn your wheel like 90 degrees just to take a slightly bent straight road. I don't have a wheel myself yet though(getting one very soon).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. Icarus

Icarus Racer

I feel the same as the OP, but iRacing improved for me a little when I upgraded my wheel from a Thrustmaster F430 to the TX with GTE rim, but Assetto Corsa is miles better in physics and FFB, second is Game Stock Car, then Race07/GTR2, then rfactor 2 which I was so excited about after hearing everyone say that it was the best, but for me rfactor 2 is awful, I have spent months on and off trying to get it to feel even as good as rf1 but with no joy. And way down the bottom is the much over hyped and obviously made for consoles and game pads pCARS.

I think a lot of this has to do with what wheel you own, it seems the G27/25 crowd find rfactor and iRacing better than AC.

If Assetto Corsa is a 10(which it is for me) then:
    GSCE is an 8
    Old simbin titles and rf1 are a 7
    iRacing is a 6
    rfactor2 is a 3
    and pCARS is a 1

Of course this is just the realism I get through the wheel, combine the FFB and physics of AC with the features of rfactor 2 and you will have the best racing sim ever, but for now Kunos if you're reading this, it's still up for debate.

p.s. Kunos, don't stop updating/upgrading Assetto Corsa until we have those things. However much I love Assetto Corsa above all other sims, no night/day, no real weather, and so on and so on, is not on.

Quffy likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

AC FFB has some issues with Direct Drive wheels that need to be addressed IMO, and there are currently things totally missing in the telemetry. I think once enough people have them and there are clear patterns involving issues, those issues will be addressed. DD will expose faults/details in a big way that other wheels won't.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  7. mikuru beam

mikuru beam Racer

ffb is just terrible in iracing. it rewards overly smooth inputs and just feels synthetic

yusupov likes this.
  8. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Woow, seriously?!
    I'm thinking of buying one in a month or six. So maybe better start keeping an eye on other sims or what?!
    can u be more specific concerning those issues?

9. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

So I recently purchased or whatever iRacing to try it...So I hopped on laguna seca in CTS-V and at 10km/h I still couldn't turn at the end of the pits WTF? Seriously that cars range of turn is ****ing low. :D Besides that it annoyed me with having every car only have wheel turn at 180 degrees some more twitchy than others. It took some time to get in with the car it just felt so disconnected. LFS or AC You just hop in a car and your golden easy as that. I did like the physics of iRacing, you can pretty much do as you please, want to downshift without using clutch? Sure just shake the car a little and slam into gear. :) Instead of trying to rev match in AC.

Leemstradamus and Arbuzzz like this.
  10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Depending on the brand, DD wheels can also bring a software that takes ffb directly from the game engine. Has been discussed before that is likely the current FFB is more optimized for our regular non-DD wheels, so the DD may have to bypass regular wheel ffb. At least that's what I understood, someone with experience on these wheels/ffb please give more insight.

Go over these threads:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/accuforce-pro-edition-ffb-wheel.19771/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/diy-servo-wheel.19931

Leemstradamus and Tim Meuris like this.
  11. Not really surprising considering I don't even think Kunos has access to a DD wheel...funny when players have better equipment than the devs.

12. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

oh ok, so if u use for example the simcommander software with the accuforce it's should be ok?

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Don't misunderstand, DD will make your FFB experience much better - period. The real eye-opener is when you can really tune FFB to maximum effect for each title. That's when the real strengths/weaknesses in any game's FFB becomes obvious. When you can manage to acquire a DD wheel, I highly recommend it. As for what title does that best, I haven't tested all of them in depth but, the glaring issues tend to reveal themselves early on. Finding reasonable compromises via the game FFB can still work great but, there will be a game that sets the bar for the rest to meet. I won't get into details at this point as there are just too many things that I want to try before I do but, I hope the next update to AC brings some more improvements. I am having some FPS issues right now with AC so will wait for the update.

Leemstradamus and Tim Meuris like this.
  14. Which DD wheel do you have, because your sig says you have a Fanatic (which isn't a DD IIRC)

15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Dean or ryan (his brother) has an accuforce as I recall

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, the AF has a distinct advantage in the DD arena with SimCommander and it's ability to completely bypass the game FFB and integrate motion and SimVibe, all working in concert.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Ryan (my son) is a Beta Tester and I have had an opportunity to try it myself in depth several times. The AccuForce is an amazing product and the software makes it extraordinary among DD options. It will take game FFB a while to catch up with DD wheels but, SimCommander makes that a non-issue where the telemetry is robust. It allows unprecedented customization and features. I can totally see why the reviews say what they do. It's a phenomenal package.

18. It will be mine as soon as I win the lottery.

19. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

It will be mine as soon as they ship the damn thing!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Matthew Bailey and kofotsjanne like this.
  20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Some of the money you spend on lottery tickets could be used to buy an AF, seems counter-productive to me.:)

The AF costs a pretty penny but, the added immersion is priceless.:)