1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics/ffb in assetto corsa vs iracing vs real life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Radiantm3, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I have downloaded iRacing a month or so ago, when it was free some period or something, and i hated the force feedback. I was very open minded, but i couldn't stand it. AC on the other hand... i have 300 hours, and barely touched the multiplayer, basically only through hotlapping.

Nahkamarakatti and Leemstradamus like this.
  2. The "weight transfer" comment, no FFB thread is good until someone mentions that :D seriously, I think there is a huge misconception regarding "weight transfer"; you turn into a corner, and you notice an increasing resistance in your steering wheel. That is feeling the weight transfer, and what sim does this wrong? There is no sim that doesn't provide that resistance when turning into a corner and loading the external tires... I think the excessive self aligning torque that I talked about some time ago is what gives that "I feel the weight", since the wheel resistance is bigger, and happens earlier.

3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

but of the sims named, i think iracing does it, by far, the worst. rf2 does this excellently though. very easy & fun to slide around in road cars.

its difficult to find words for how it feels on my wheel (& ive tweaked the setup countless times for iR, including to the letter advice from david tucker, who i think is great). but its, as someone else put it, synthetic, unnatural...im not comfortable w/ it. its like somethings going wrong w/ the data of the detail being transferred. feeling the little bumps etc of the tracks is wonderful...other than that tho i cant immediately think of any strength.

4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well it's more the slight delay between turning the steering wheel and the force changing - while the car rolls, there's less resistance, then it loads up the outer wheels, stops rolling so the full weight of the car is pushing back and the slip angle increases, which bumps up resistance.

Of course some of that is sidewall flex in the tires too.

It's been too long since I played ir for me to comment on its ffb, my impression was that it was adequate but the physics of the cars I owned were not stable at the low speeds they were capable of - I'm talking the MX5 oversteering in Okayama's slowest hairpin...

5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

All I know is rfactor 2 on a g27 and a clubsport csw have no feeling when it comes to grip of breaking. Don't know what fancy term it's called but on those platforms just feels terrible to me. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cars have weight and can stop at 30 mph or make a turn at that speed and rfactor 2 just doesn't convince me. I own both so no big deal if one is "better" than the other. And the performance alone keeps me away, it's terrible.

er540 likes this.
  6. I don't understand all the fuss about FFB in race sims. The only thing that I am ever bothered about is if it is too "violent". For the record, the default FFB with the G27 preset in AC is perfectly fine for me.

7. Lately after I build my OSW DD I did a lot of test with different platforms (rF1, rF2, GSCE, Formula Truck, pCars, iRacing, AC, RBR).

What I found in iRacing was the lack of steering resistance. I couldn't damp the feedback enough. All I felt was very lightweight feel until those massive jolts you get from the surface. It always felt there's something wrong with the ffb.

AC has pretty much spot on feel but with some cars has some oscillation issues. And the wheel feels very heavy when straightening from the powerslide.

GSCE & rF2 are the best women vibrators around here but both titles lacks the feel of the weight transfer which is the thing that makes the driving a lot harder actually.

RBR has pretty solid ffb but doesn't shine in any level.

With pCars I had some issues and can't say much about the feel.

Overall, regardless of those two ffb issues in AC the awesomeness of the physics engine and the weight transfer feeling is enough to keep me hooked to AC.

Tim Meuris and victor86 like this.
  8. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Irl you can feel car movement with your body and react so, basically, good ffb is unrealistically informative to fill the gaps ...

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But you can't keep all cars at 100% gain. The GT cars will clip so much when turning and you'll be out of feel once the ffb is too high. In the pedals app the 4th bar turns red when ffb gets clipped/cut. So in car setup lower the ffb% (damping leave at default, no need), for the gt2/3, leave it between 50-70%ffb in car setup, otherwise you're steering bricks instead of wheels :)

10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

As I understand that's the excessive self aligning torque. From my point of view it makes drifting much harder and less intuitive. Some players reported that this force is lowered in 1.1beta and drifting is much easier. I really hope that's true.

Quffy likes this.
  11. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

With G25 I find iRacing FFB very different from track to track. Some tracks it's ok-ish but some I just hate it. iRacing FFB is too much about "feeling the little bumps". Like driving on cobblestones without suspension and with wooden tyres. For me the surface rattle is information that I don't get anything to help my car control, just annoying.

12. unknwn

unknwn Alien

I suppose that's because you have Logitech wheel with gears. I returned my DFGT because I couldn't stand the rattle noise even in AC.

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

weird...i dont even noticed...have in iRACING when it was pointed out in very specific cconditions (like open wheel car @ sebring). im sure my neighbors do tho :S