1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Playstation Vr

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by RoG-PoWeR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Lets face it the majority of us are still going to be using are tv's/monitor's to race, yes obviously VR is a fantastic feature that gives imersion like the real thing but as marmite (maxxx69) said i would rather have kunos finish getting the tittle up to scratch with all the other stuff than them bringing out VR before they have done so.

BistoKid, UntrainedN00B01 and Maxx69 like this.
  2. Assetto should only come to ps vr once the game has been patched and features added. Will ps vr users be happy with downgraded visuals in order for it to run smooth enough for ps vr as the ps4 is limited for vr the pro will sort most of this issue but as yet it's still unknown. I have cancelled my ps vr and I won't be buying the ps4 pro either due to Sony themselves and the whole no mans sky shambles. I will wait till the next MS console and see what vr option they offer which will likely be the oculus rift but will wait and see

3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

to be honest the ps4 (normal edition not the pro) is going to be my last console,,iv'e had enough with all the fanboism and all the other wars going on. PC will be the next step as they dont't suffer from such bulls h i t as we do on the console and VR is still Possible on the PC (birthplace of VR) but theres nothing wrong with the ps4 i'm just saying iv'e just about had it.

4. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

The fact of the matter is that PlayStation VR woul make a grate fit to the sim and Sony would send them a HMD maby even a few no questions asked for more titles that would work with there HMD and then they would be able to Implement what they learn from PlayStation VR to the PC and from what they learned from PC to Playstation VR so every one would have a better experience

5. not really pc and ps4 are still very different when it comes to development, if everyone who bought assetto corsa on ps4 was buying the psvr then yes support the product and add support in the near future but if the install base is not there then the devs are wasting time on one platform that could be better spent across all platforms.

6. i have no need for a ps4 pro at the moment im happy playing uncharted 4 on my normal ps4 if i used it for much more i would buy the pro but as it stands it doesnt offer me anything i want or need at present

7. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

yes that's a good point,,but you've got to admit for the price the Pro is a bargin for the punch it packs.

Skemekos123 and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  8. for the performance upgrade its a good price i still feel the cpu will hold it back though, they dropped the ball with no uhd blu ray though. it will be interesting once ms release more info on the scorpio though as spec wise they have the pro beat but it depends on price, MS can afford to take a loss though till components become cheaper

9. LOW-LOWS

LOW-LOWS Rookie

I know they are very different but the thing is Sony says that VR need a solid 60fps and the VR will do the free re-projection or what ever they are calling it and the VR head set will do the 120fps I have tried the Resident Evil 7 demo and I asked the developer what was the fps and he said it was 60fps and re-projected brought it up to 120fps so I think it can be dun and at the 120fps it was smooth not lagy and the responsiveness of the headset itself could keep up to my shaking I tried to find the limits of the head set and it was super satisfying now I'm not a developer but with Sony's help and the would help I don't see it being that big of endeavor

10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

oh yeh they dropped the ball alright,,,,no uhd blu ray as you mentioned and sony are the bloody ones who invented the blue ray but they don't put it in there own console!?!?but microsoft will have a uhd blueray player in there scorpio! that just says it all about the way the console generation is going (TO HELL).

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  11. i understand that but kunos are only a team of around 30 guys working on 3 platforms, to support psvr right now would be crazy as it would take away development time that could be better spent adding and improving our current experience. They are doing a great job so far i just think to support psvr right now would be a mistake, this time next year would be the right time as they would have had another year with the hardware and you get better at optimization all the time

TeKnO-_-91 and LOW-LOWS like this.
  12. microsoft have a uhd player in the cheaper xbox one s plus it has hdr, thats why i dont believe sony when they said it was down to cost. also the whole we are giving every ps4 user hdr for no cost was smoke and mirrors too as you cant do hdr over hdmi 1.4 which the ps4 has

13. I know a lot of you guys have high hopes in Playstation VR. It's not released nobody know what I really can on the final version. The first games that a support pvr a sony teams or big studios. Kunos is a small developer and they get nothing when they make a PVR support. It was never promised that they will do a PVR Version of assetto. Same can I ask for xbox scorpio. But I know that's unrealistic without support from Sony or MS. I wouldn't do it as a small studio without financial support.

UntrainedN00B01 and BistoKid like this.
  14. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Don't know if you've seen the two available driving modes in the Driveclub options, cant remember what they named them, normal and advanced I think,...advanced was introduced way later than released, so you may have missed it. Now its still not Assetto Corsa, but its streets ahead realism wise compared to the vanilla handling, I enjoyed it a lot.
    Its still the only game I've driven around slowly, taking in the atmosphere and the vistas, truly is the super model of racers (maybe including the vacuous brain) ;)

15. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I understand where you are coming from and beleive me when I say, that I want Kunos to build upon their current console version and have it running as they would have hoped. We all know that Kunos are a small developer and all due respect to them for pulling this off.

What is important I feel, is that they know that there is genuine interest from people who have purchased their game and who have pre-ordered PSVR, are sitting on the fence waiting for a title such as this before buying or perhaps are expecting to be gifted it from jolly old santa! Yes, some have complained about requesting VR support due to priorities, or lack of funds, small team but I, as well as other likeminded individuals would like to see AC support PSVR, not necessarily now but perhaps sometime in the not too distant future.

Rant over!

16. the-D-

the-D- Racer

What he said ^^;)

BistoKid likes this.
  17. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I had the original DriveClub to satisfy my needs when I purchased my wheel until PCars came out. A particularly pretty racer but one that remained an arcade racer. With the inclusion of PSVR, I will more than likely pick this up just to have a racer in VR. I watched the Playstation Access video which really sold me as I swore, prior to seeing this that I just would not bother. Man I am such a sucker! ;)

EDIT: WOW...too much use of the word racer...sorry!

the-D- likes this.
  18. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

PlayStation VR coming on 13th, Now sitting in my Playseat challenge with Thrustmaster T150, th8a shifter and t3pa pedals just waiting, fingers crossed, next on my list is T300rs oh and then PlayStation Pro and then 4K tv, where does this end? Probably single in a bedsit lol

paul_wev and BistoKid like this.
  19. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

That sounds familiar, managed to persuade the wife that I needed PSVR and now I'm thinking of the PS Pro! Perhaps I should invest in a book of excuses from Amazon!

TeKnO-_-91, paul_wev and Suffolk-Wal like this.
  20. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

We could always share a bedsit lol

BistoKid and TeKnO-_-91 like this.