1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Playstation Vr

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by RoG-PoWeR, Sep 21, 2016.

1. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Crikey AC Online Dating Service ;)

Suffolk-Wal and paul_wev like this.
  2. I would love to see VR too.on console. But Sony and even Microsoft follow a very strange strategy. So VR must run on the current generations too as I understand Sony PR.
    I'm not to deep in coding but to me seems that a VR Version on the current PS4 not the upcoming pro, should be really challenging.
    Maybe when Sony opens the ps4 pro for exclusive features. But this will happen not very soon. Maybe after the scorpio release to stay competitive.
    So there some factors behind the scene.
    At the moment I see PSVR only on first and second parties. If I'm wrong I'm happy with it to. Because it's great to have VR for 800 Euros plus software

3. On the Pro, playing AC on PSVR is entirely possible imo. On the original or the slim PS4, I believe they can make it run on VR with a bit of downgrade of graphics just like what Driveclub'd done. It is now close to a stable 60fps target. Since a stable 45fps is the actual minimum for PSVR, I'd say it is possible for AC to run in VR on the normal PS4.

4. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Yup. They would have to make a standalone game like Driveclub VR and downgrade the graphics in order for the PS4 Vanilla to hit the correct framerate. But on Pro, you could have the option for higher quality graphics.

5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

why does it have to be a standalone? Driveclub vr was probably standalone just to market it as a vr game. Kunos would do better patching it imo.

BistoKid likes this.
  6. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

The PC version was not a standalone VR game, they patched it. Could they not do the same for the PS version then?

LOW-LOWS likes this.
  7. Bluemoonie

Bluemoonie Rookie

Drive club is not a stand alone game they have patched it as it's only a 5gb download so as I see it assetto corsa and pcars can do the same

LOW-LOWS likes this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Driveclub VR don't only downgraded the graphics and details.
    The also downgraded the number of AI cars from 12 to 8.
    And they also downgraded the dinamic climate.
    All that to achieve the minimum solid 60Fps needed for PSVR.

The minimum aren't 45fps but solid 60fps for the PSVR.
    Sony even recommended to try to achieve the 90fps because the minimum 60fps can still produce sickness to certain persons.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/11/20/playstation-vr-framerate-90fps-60fps-minimum/

So Assetto in the state it is,is completely imposible to got it on PSVR in a normal PS4.
    Even the devs said it in an interview :
    http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331796496220/assetto-corsa-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-interview

So it can probably get implemented as an "extra" feature of the game in PS4 pro, and that should not broke the "promise & rules" from Sony, cause the basis of the game are the same on the 2 consoles.

9. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Just regarding the psvr frame rate, it can be run at 45 fps, because psvr will upscale that to 90, same with 60 fps to 120.

10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, then you now more than Sony.

Like i said and you can Google it, the minimum output is stable 60fps.
    If it isn't at 60fps solid sony rejected the game for compatibility with PSVR.

Sony even asked to the devs ho want to make VR games to aim for the 90fps.

And PSVR has a screen that goes from 90Hz upto 120Hz. That is true.

But again, Sony's minimum requirement for making the VR compatibility possible is minimum solid 60fps needed.

[​IMG]

For the rest you have Google, and the two links in my other post,one is an interview to the devs from assetto...

11. the-D-

the-D- Racer

I don't think you understand,...original game 30-psvr upscales to 60, original game 45-psvr upscales to 90 (the preferred by sony minimum) original game 60-psvr upscales to 120,...hope this helps, but hey-ho, nevermind if it doesn't ;)

12. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Why is it that threads start out with polite question like this that many would like an answer too and end up with smart a#!!!! that struggle with spelling getting out their prams?

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Mmmmmm, i see the one that don't understand is just you.

1.original driveclub worked at 30fps (not enough for PSVR)

2.evolution studios took dinamic climate away, did a downgrade in the graphics and lowered the cars on track from 12 to 8, all that to achieve the minimum needed for PSVR (solid 60fps)
    That's why they didn't patched the original game with the PSVR compatibility and made it as a standalone game, because they needed to trim and develop the game again to achieve the minimum solid 60fps needed.

3.the game runs on PS4 in the minimum solid 60fps needed and then it's upscaled to the 90Hz or 120Hz per eye with the processor box that comes with the PSVR

The minimum framerate is the PlayStation 4 hardware that have to do the output. (minimum 60fps and if the devs can aim for 90fps)

Games at 30fps or lower than solid 60fps can't work in PSVR.
    It's time for you to read a bit more about the technology and minimum requirements from Sony.

And this is what the guys of kunos said in the interview(that you didn't even read):

Do you plan to support other headsets incoming. Say, PlayStation VR?
    With the PlayStation, of course our first priority is to get the game out so as many people as possible can enjoy it. When it comes to the PS version of VR, the big problem is performance there but, you know, they may be coming out with that new upgraded model.(PS4 Pro)

One of the reasons of the delay of GT Sport is that it has also problems to achieve and work at solid 60fps needed for PSVR. And it's already known that GT Sport hasn't also dinamic climate and dinamic 24H cycle.

Like i said, search information and learn a bit more how PSVR works and what are the minimum requirements. ;)

14. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Oh dear me,...lol alot of typing and still not get the point :D

15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Like i said... Learn to read and inform yourself about the technology, minimum requirements and how it works!
    The one that don't understand and get the point is you.

Bye

16. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Dinamic sounds really scary like its possessed. Dynamic

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Sorry, English isn't my native language, thanks for the corrections anyway

18. the-D-

the-D- Racer

The obvious trouble is, I can write/type, but i cant read :(;)
    I love the phrase, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink' it just fits so many holes :p

19. bob76

bob76 Racer

try trinus psvr it works great guys

BistoKid likes this.
  20. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Yes I have got Trinus now and got PCars running in VR although did not realise AC could be run. I was under impression that you had to install oculus home and revive to get it working.

I am desperate for AC to run with my PSVR but for some unknown reason AC won't start on my system, driving me mad. PCars no issue at all but will not boot up from Steam. Tried uninstalling and verifying but nothing.

Could you tell me how you run AC in order you setup please? Want to understand once I have sorted issue out, unless you have any ideas of course?