1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please add ffb offset in controller configuration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muscimol, Mar 1, 2014.

1. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

I really like this game, but with my wheel (Logitech G27) the FFB feels very bland and non-comunicative compared to properly configured FFB in iRacing or rFactor 2.

It is mostly caused because of huge dead zone present in this wheel and considering the fact, that G27 is still a pretty popular wheel I think it would be great to address this issue in Assetto Corsa.

In the latest update rFactor 2 introduced a setting:
    Code:
    Steering torque minimum="0.00000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction
    Setting it to 0.16 completely transformed rF2 FFB for me and I finally really enjoy driving cars there, which I unfortunately cannot tell about cars here and this is not because the game isn't good, but because the way my wheel does work.

iRacing has similar setting available in GUI as "Minimum force" and it would be really great if AC developers would add a feature like this to AC.

It doesn't seem very complicated but it could further improve this already great sim and improve the feedback from users using G27/G25 wheels.

FatnSlo, Jim Michels, mms and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add axis support to Glance look left/right! Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions please add Tobii Support Feb 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Please add ignition light! Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Please add to championship Jun 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please add throttle travel check like in AC May 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Please KUNOZ add again lookWithWheel Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay please add,,-radio chat-team mate is pitting Feb 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [Request] Please add a MP password... Jan 24, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Please add some more particles effects Jan 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Please add option to disable or configure shake/vibration for each camera view Oct 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions please devs can you add trackir if not ive waisted thousands of dollars Sep 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Please, ADD Pitch configuration! Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add FFB-Sliders like in AC Sep 13, 2018

3. True, it's like night and day difference using this feature or not.

It would be silly to not have this function, especially since huge playerbase own Logitech wheels which gains from this feature a lot ;]

4. Hany

Hany Alien

+1

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

5. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I never played iracing or rfactor2 but i would like this implemented too as I currently have no idea about the grip my tyres are giving me. Very floaty on my G25.

6. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

I just opened this thread a few days ago ... https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/please-add-constant-ffb-weight.6699/
    This might have got some attention if we had a big thread about it, but seems like there was a few with 2 comments and this topic just disappears again and again. The rfactor idea is cool , I think using a minimum force (that works only against and when you move the wheel of course) would be better than a constant addition to the final ffb value...

7. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

I saw your topic before I've posted mine, but that what you're asking for is probably impossible to implement because of the way the FFB works or at least not trivial, so I've proposed a simple solution which is used in 2 games so far and works just fine.

8. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

It is the same ... from what I understand from the description of that rfactor setting, it isn't a multiplication of the ffb value around the center, it is just simulating a constant friction force. Obviously it won't put any ffb if the wheel is centered, the car goes straight and you don't touch the wheel, otherwise the car would turn.

9. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

No, it doesn't simulate any friction forces, just adds the FFB offset to the calculated forces by a selected amount.

10. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

so 0.0001 (lets say a value not big enough to move the engine even) would become a value that moves the wheel from the center for no reason ? :rolleyes:
    you know ffb has both strength and direction. if it was an offset it would keep spinning your wheel to that direction.

11. The minimum torque setting sounds like a good feature for us logitech users, as some cars lack feel around the centre due to the wheel design and would benefit greatly from it.

12. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

No, because G27 wheel doesn't move at all unless the calculated force won't exceed ~15% of maximum force.
    If the calculated force equals 1, 2, ... 15% the wheel doesn't turn and you don't feel anything, so what you're doing by adding 15% offset is that if the calculated force is 1%, the sim generates 16% force and the wheel just starts moving.

It does work excellent in iRacing and rFactor 2 giving back the details that are dampened by the internal friction and mechanical construction of the wheel itself and it would be fantastic to have this option in Assetto Corsa too.

earlyapex likes this.
  13. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

And where is the data taken from ?
    you want to try 15% in logitech profiler and come back with the results ? or 15% in AC and even 50% or such in logitech driver?

14. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

There is a tool called WheelCheck written by iRacing developer, where you can check many things, like linear force and time test, frequency and amplitude sweep, minimum force, resolution, etc. It seems you're very skeptic about it but those are well tested things, proved by iRacing and ISI developers and many users.
    I repeat that it works very well and it's quite easy to implement and I know the difference it makes in both games which offer the option.
    I don't understand what you mean.

Sebastian Wolff likes this.
  15. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

yes please implement this. Great idea with the offset. Thanks for raising the issue.

16. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

thanks sounds interesting. still this ain't an offset as ffb must have a direction.

17. Doctor Gonzo

Doctor Gonzo Gamer

Could any AC dev please comment on this?
    All Fanatec wheels would benefit massively from this. My GT2 has an offset of about 11% before it reacts linearly. Adding this in iRacing just did magic to the immersion of driving a car.
    Could we please have some statement from you, the AC devs? Please, please, please!

18. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

Can you send me that tool in private massage or upload here ? I couldn't find the download.. I found some other tool "iracingffb 1.3" but it doesn't do anything by its own, you probably need to own iracing for that one ...

uHu likes this.
  19. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

I understand what you mean with the offset ... if it's right that the wheel just ignores anything under a certain value, then this might really improve the ffb deadzone in center !

20. Doctor Gonzo

Doctor Gonzo Gamer

If I am correct the sim increases the ffb to the minimum setting provided if it is below this threshhold. I.e. if the sim wants you to feel something you will feel something. Without the minimum setting you would feel nothing up to this threshhold even if the sim outputs ffb signals. You could also use this setting to allow for strictly linear ffb if you set the minimum to the ffb level where the wheel starts to react in a linear way. The mentioned iRacing prog for example analyses the ffb curve to provide you with the characteristics of your wheel.

21. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Here is the link: WheelCheck_1_71.zip. Results are saved as .csv files in .\My Documents\ directory, and you can later make the graphs in Excel using it.

uHu likes this.