1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please add ffb offset in controller configuration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muscimol, Mar 1, 2014.

1. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

It seems not only G27 users would benefit from the FFB offset. Here is a sample T500RS graph from step2 log test.
    As you can see at the beginning the wheel hardly reacts. Adding the ffb offset would just move the graph to the left.

[​IMG]

2. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

thanks for the link
    how do I draw the graphs with the csv files? only excel can do this? tried some csv viewers from google but none worked

3. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

You can do it using Calc from OpenOffice.

4. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Already forgot I downloaded this tool. Thanks for posting it here again, I'll test it. But as far as I know, Fanatec wheels shouldn't have a deadzone on it's own. Only if you set one. But please go ahead and prove me wrong, I'm not 100% sure about it.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

5. Are the any instructions to go with this? and does it only work with iRacing? I don't have a clue how to use it.

6. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

When you select the items in the dropdown menu the wheel starts the test and you can read the informations. But I don't really get, what this informations are about.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Graham Byford likes this.
  7. Doctor Gonzo

Doctor Gonzo Gamer

Hi Graham,
    It is not game/sim specific. It analyses the behaviour of your wheel.
    If you want to analyse your wheel's ffb offset and/or ffb linearity just run the test (don't touch your wheel during the test) and have a look at the log file under mydocuments/iracing. The test has finished once the log is written. Having a look at the tool's ffb impulses and the corresponding angular wheel movements you get your ffb offset (when movements start to be != 0) and your ffb linearity offset (when movements and ffb strengths increase linearly).
    You run the test once and can apply the found percentages to literally all your games if they provide for it.
    Set the number of ffb test probes from 50 to 200 and after the first test run set the maximum x saturation to the found ffb offset + a bit to get even more exact results.
    Cheers
    Oliver

uHu and Graham Byford like this.
  8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

My G27:
    Untitled.jpg
    Overall Strength:
    Grey 80
    Orange 90
    Yellow 100
    Green 101
    Darkblue 105
    Blue 110

Tried playing with 105 and 110 but couldn't feel any new effects around the center of the wheel so will stick with 101 for now

uHu likes this.
  9. sinbad

sinbad Racer

People, myself included, have been complaining about the feel around the center since day one. I've all but given up on them improving it.

Nasos Charalampou likes this.
  10. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Here is the graph for my G27.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see even at 120% there is still a some deadzone. The optimal setting seems to be 115% but forces at the beginning are far from linear.

You can feel much better the FFB nuances at 115% but it is still worse solution than simple ffb offset.

uHu likes this.
  11. Was damping, spring and center spring turned off in the profiler/driver? Otherwise it may alter the result if turned on.

From your graph above 100 gives the most linear result. Maybe worth trying 105 or 107.

12. DevonK

DevonK Racer

This +1000. See discussion here about why this is urgently needed and why it will work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  13. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Anyone have a different link for this? I have tried it in Chrome, IE, FF, and Opera and it always gives me a "decryption error" and fails.

UPDATE: found it here if anyone else has same issue.

14. DevonK

DevonK Racer

On the scales in the above graph - - the X axis is what is being input into the wheel, the Y axis is the force response the wheel is actually giving us, correct? The label of degrees on the Y axis is a bit confusing/misleading...

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Can you elaborate on this, pls?

16. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Here's my G27 at 100% FFB and no spring, damper or centring in the Profiler. It looks like there little variation across G27s in output patterns.

Attached Files:

17. Can you try 105 or 107, you may get a better result.

18. Here's my DFGT results.

[​IMG]

19. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Dumping, spring and center spring are turned off of course.
    My main goal is to get rid of the deadzone not to achieve maximum linearity. Even at 110% deadzone is too big for me so 105, 107% isn't the solution.
    No, the Y axis are degrees - how far the wheel moved after the given input force. We do not have any dynanometers in our wheels, the only thing we can measure is the wheel position change ;).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  20. The deadzone is somewhat car dependent, cars that build the FFB rapidly due to the various tyre types, suspension geometry, steering angle, caster setting etc.

The G27 has a big deadzone by the way it's designed, there is no way to get away from this. You can keep increasing the Overall FFB strength to "fill the hole" but you will be left with binary FFB and have issues with oscillations in some cars.

The suggested FFB offset/min ffb setting would be a great addition and would need to be set differently depending on the wheel.