1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please add ffb offset in controller configuration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muscimol, Mar 1, 2014.

1. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

The differences between 100 110 120 % etc are bull**** ... 70 gain in game with 100 in driver, is like 30 -33 in game and 110% in driver.
    So if multiplies the input by a lot more than 10%, which explains why the threshold is lower.

2. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

WheelCheck is car indepentant - it just measure wheel's response - for the first 16% of forces my wheel just doesn't move and if you would add 16% offset, it will react even to 1% calculated force, because the sim will send 17% force to the wheel then.
    No, it doesn't work like that at all.
    The profiler ffb force setting is responsible rather for the shape of the calculated force response, the more above 100%, the more weak forces are boosted.
    In game ffb gain is responsible for what physics calculated force at steering rack is projected to 100% of the wheel force, so this is the setting where you can tune if there will be clipping.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    earlyapex likes this.
  3. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

I don't think you're right, I think max ffb output from the game will be stronger with 150% than 100%. Can you test that with this software from the wheel's movement max speed and acceleration?

4. Yes I understand that, however some cars produce higher forces from centre faster than others, therefore the deadzone is less noticeable in the F40 than Abarth 500. But the underlying problem is still there in that the wheel can't produce forces below 16%.

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Slightly off-topic, but I see mixed opinions on damping and spring being enabled in logitech profiler, my understanding is that they do not add any artificial effect but simply scale any effects generated by the game that use these "springs", whereas of course centering spring is clearly artificial and should be off. anyone able to shed any light on the damping and spring settings?

6. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Spring and damping effects are artificial and not connected to ffb forces calculated by the simulation.

Look at those plots with 100% and 120% FFB Force set in the logitech profiler. The maximum wheel response, thus the maximum force generated by the wheel is the same. The difference is that at 120% the lower forces are simply boosted so you'll feel that overall the FFB is stronger although the maximum force is the same.

[​IMG]

uHu likes this.
  7. DevonK

DevonK Racer

^Just to add to what you said about your graphs - if you use 120% in the profiler and then drop the in-game force to say 50% this will have the in-game effect of reducing the slope of the red line above making the response over the first 16% of force being submitted to the wheel much more linear instead of quasi-binary. It will lower the highest felt force as well though but for me that is not an issue since full-force is too strong except for situations like wall crashes.

8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Have you got any links to confirm this? From my reading they are standard directx effects that games can choose to use, the value in the driver is simply a scaler... I can understand why people would reduce them as they may unintentionally mask some of the subtle effects, but I think they are required to give the realistic weight to the wheel (easily noticeable in most games when the car is stationary and you try to turn the wheel, this is easy with the effects on 0 and there is good resistance with them on as there should be.)

9. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

This is what David Tucker, developer of iRacing FFB said about damping:
    Spring effect is wrong from the definition - you dont' have any spring attached to the steering shaft in real car.

Tr51 and ears1991 like this.
  10. odyn44

odyn44 Rookie

11. Bob Freckle

Bob Freckle Rookie

I would absolutely love this feature in Assetto Corsa! It does make a huge difference in rFactor 2 where they call it "Steering Torque Minimum". Minimizing the ffb deadzone makes every car feel so much more responsive and gives you precise control. It does transform the experience.

edit: Hey actually I think the Kunos devs are already aware and working on implementing this feature according to this post - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...teering-force-strength-gain.7640/#post-101632

:)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  12. odyn44

odyn44 Rookie

Anyone from Kunos can confirm here that you working on this ( I mean elimination dead zone in the middle G27 or another wheel)? Btw go ahead a good job you are doing.

13. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

Haven't seen any updates on this, is the fix still being worked on?

gnr_tb2 likes this.
  14. uHu

uHu Gamer

Hmmm ... still no offset-feature?

This should really be included (and best would be, if you could also apply curves to compensate for nonlinear behaviour).
    It would make the experience with most wheels dramatically better.

odyn44 and gnr_tb2 like this.
  15. gundi

gundi Gamer

This option should really be implemented!

Tested my Fanatec Porsche Turbo S with wheelchecker and found an offset off 8.5 - 9 %!:(
    FFB could be so much better with this option i'm sure...

In this picture you can see the improvement in FFB-response, when minforce of 8.5% (850 dx-units) is added:

FFB-MinForce.png

16. Skazz

Skazz Racer

Obviously this function is also available in iRacing: it was implemented there first and that caused ISI developers to add it to rFactor 2.

This thread from the ISI forums shows some more plots and thoughts:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...with-rfactor-2?p=247017&viewfull=1#post247017

If you read through the thread they also started testing minimum force once it was added to rFactor 2. Too much minimum force causes the wheel to oscillate on straights, so tuning has to be done carefully.

17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

We have alot more measurements and some properrly calibrated wheels now, and we NEED this option to compensate for our hardware. ISI and iRacing understood the need for them, let's hope Kunos realize that our wheels are not entirely linear and have a deadzone.

18. uHu

uHu Gamer

Couldn't agree more.
    I don't understand, why those options are still not included already.

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing they're still prioritizing other tasks, or maybe don't know yet how to implement it in AC, as this has been suggested many months back and no feedback received from them.

20. uHu

uHu Gamer

But isn't this like super-easily done in a few minutes, if you have access to the source-code?

Maybe I am missing something here, but this shouldn't be a problem at all.